+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I think of the person I would do this race with and you all would have a field day with how we talk to each other. We are very good friends but we can cuss each other good. We both know we do not mean it rudely, just as we say it is terms of endearment. The show would be a lot of beeps and if either refused to do a task I am sure the other would push/throw what ever it took to get the other to finish.
    There's no place like home!

Last night's show angered me so much, I had to log in and vent. Having two challenges that required strength was clearly unfair to the Poker Pals. While they haven't been my favs, I can't recall another set of challenges that had such a physical element (upper body strength). Yes, I'm sure these days that many women can clock that bell, but it wouldn't be your average woman, who doesn't lift weights.

As for penalties, what if they had "misread" their assignment, like walking right past the bikes, and gone into to do the dance and then went on to the pit stop. What would Phil have decreed? Would they have to wait a certain amount of time or would Phil have sent them back to hit to bell?

Note on the herring: They said it was salt herring, which means it has been cured in salt. The salt would've been removed from the outside. So it wasn't raw. I love pickled herring but have no idea what salt herring might taste like.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by madlyophelia;3741538;
    Note on the herring: They said it was salt herring, which means it has been cured in salt. The salt would've been removed from the outside. So it wasn't raw. I love pickled herring but have no idea what salt herring might taste like.
    I love to try new dishes from around the world but I admit that my stomach lurched when I saw that fish. They said it was salt-cured--but it certainly looked raw.

Knowing how herring can smell--I wonder what that smelled like?

IMO if there hadn't been so much drama associated with bell-ringing and counting and golf games I think we might have seen a lot more stomach-lurching drama with having to eat that fish.

OTOH--I found it odd that the father and son quit after doing half that task just because the son "doesn't like fish."

IMO kinda wimpy--and I do like these guys a lot.

Very disappointing....but at least it didn't knock them out of the race.

That won't happen next week when after honoring Alfred Noble by using his invention to blow things up, they face the infamous hay bales in a field comp. Is the prize a gnome? Because I saw Cheyne holding a gnome while still encouraging Meghan to continue. Hmm...fast shots of Matt (Dad?) starting to unroll - looked to be alone in the daylight, Sam and Dan might have been first to the field, and I don't remember seeing any of the others. Question...what was the "prize" they were looking for the first time this challenge was run?
    Last time, the clue envelope was somewhere in the hay bale.

Any other time we've seen the gnomes, the teams get them along the way, and then have to remember to carry them to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3741490;
    I think of the person I would do this race with and you all would have a field day with how we talk to each other. We are very good friends but we can cuss each other good. We both know we do not mean it rudely, just as we say it is terms of endearment. The show would be a lot of beeps and if either refused to do a task I am sure the other would push/throw what ever it took to get the other to finish.
    My husband and I have discussed this. If we were racing...omg...you guys would hate us! We've been the bickering McBickersons for over 10 years now.... We already decided that I'd have to drive everywhere because I cannot read a map. I doubt we'd fight during the actual challenges, but getting there would be our downfall. The camera crew riding with us would want to poke their eyeballs out before the second day.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

JavaJo, I totally know what you mean. My husband and I are both very competitive, however, even though our stengths are totally opposite and that should make us strong, I think it would just cause us to bicker and people would loathe us! There are moments that I totally think we'd rock, and then there are all those moments when I totally think we'd allow ourselves to be rocked. I'd be too afraid of how terrible we'd end up coming across to the world.

What's funny about Matt and Gary ditching because of the fish eating as Matt doesn't like fish...is that the only time he said he had been out of the U.S. was to go to Canada to fish.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Not all the hay bales have clues - only a few (maybe even the # of teams still in the race?)? And there are hundreds of them - so many folks may get lucky while others take hours - and it's very physical.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3741562;
    Last time, the clue envelope was somewhere in the hay bale.

Any other time we've seen the gnomes, the teams get them along the way, and then have to remember to carry them to the end.
    Thank you. I wonder how the gnomes will be hidden? Will they be part of the blow-it-up challenge or something on the way to the hay field? Why do I get so impatient for the next show when I'm still savoring the last one?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread