+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KELBEL;3741198;
    [/B]

It would not have mattered the Poker gals quit, they were not eliminated they gave up, they're losers.
    Even though I really disliked the Poker Gals when they tried to lie at the beginning of the race about working for a non-profit that helped children or something equally obnoxious for its being a lie--

They did grow on me--especially in how they supported each other and gave each other props all the time.

I feel that they simply wore themselves out with trying to hit the gong. That mallet is very heavy--and they tried how many times? Almost a 100?

Also the wind really was bad for the golf. As much as I don't care for quitters--I personally think they were simply exhausted from TRYING so hard to make it.

This is getting positively Orwellian. Like 1984, the powers that be know what you fear most-the sister last race who couldn't swim, this time Mika's afraid of heights AND water, and then a detour with feats of strength on BOTH legs (is that a new record for vacillation on a detour?)
    "Weird scenes inside the gold mine
    Ride the highway west, baby"-The End, by The Doors

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3741201;
    Actually, she admits to being a harpy, says she needs to stop being a harpy, and then continues to be a harpy. He has shown inhuman patience and kindness with her, and that would appear to be the only reason their relationship "works". Nearly any other man on the planet would have left her years ago.
    I agree! Erica is awful!

Quote Originally Posted by fijibeachbum;3740939;
    I didn't care for the poker players at all, but find it extremely disappointing that they quit trying. Meh.
    Quit trying?!? I was impressed they spent so much time and effort trying two challenges they obviously could not complete. They had to be so sore by the end of the night yet they were still trying.

None of the girls on the race rang the bell and Meghan couldn't hit the golf ball either and she didn't spend all afternoon trying to hit the bell.

Really disappointed in TAR that they made a detour with both challenges for boys only. The bell ringing wasn't necessary. Why would they choose 2 poker playing girls to run a race and then put in a requirement that they have strong upper body strength to make it to the top 5?

FORT Fogey

Can't wait for the hay bale unrolling challenge again... THOSE women like the poker gals, never gave up - they had to have Phil come to the field to tell them to stop. While the poker girls had 2 lucky breaks, they did not stop trying until their energy/bodies (not their minds) gave out. I DO wonder if it would have been a NEL though...

FORT Fan

Even if it was a NEL though they probably would never have finished the tasks so it wouldn't have mattered. Too bad- but Tiffany almost had the bell rung a few times I thought. Maria is just weak and squishy- never would have rung it.
    I laughed too when the shorter globetrotter was saying "I don't want to talk about it...but did you see me dance???" Love those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3741201;
    Actually, she admits to being a harpy, says she needs to stop being a harpy, and then continues to be a harpy. He has shown inhuman patience and kindness with her, and that would appear to be the only reason their relationship "works". Nearly any other man on the planet would have left her years ago.
    I laughed at the Globetrotters when they said that they knew Brian's name before anyone else's because she was constantly yelling at him.

She's one Diva. What I don't like is that she gives up when a challenge becomes too hard, like the Hookah one. She couldn't figure out how to compare theirs to the examples, so she just sat down and whined and complained while hubby did the work.

The bell counting should have been easy, but I bet she did a half-arsed job of it and then got into her "huffy" state of mind and wanted to quit.

Ger

I loved tonights show

The Globetrotters were the best and they got the dance right off the bat.
    Eating the fish was something to see !!!!

As for the poker girls, well the one did not even try to hit the bell. Chirst, I am a old lady and I think I could have given that bell a better shot.
    She was holding the hammer in front of her and gave the bell a tap, gee, give the darn thing a good swipe and maybe she would have hit the bell.

Didn't they ever try to ring the bell at a fair etc.???

The one gal gave it a few good wacks and almost hit it but the other was terrible.

As for Miss America and her hubby, well she is always screaming his name and never lets up. Next week he ought to turn around and start yelling ERICA and give her a taste of her own medicine.
    Maybe when she hears ERICA all thru' the next race it will sink in as to how she sounds and what her hubby puts up with.

My favorite teams are still the father and son and the Globetrotters

Last night's show was good. I love the Globetrotters and their dance. They kept me in stitches laughing especially when riding those bikes in that getup. I also like the dad and son. They are probably going to win this thing.

I felt so bad for Erica. But was happy to see that she didn't give up and though it took her a while she finish the task. I really like Erica and Brian, they really feed off of each others. And for those of you who think she's mean.. I don't see it. All I see is a couple that communicate well with each other in a way that works for them. The game is getting intense, so frustration are flying high with these two.

I was mad at that guy for giving the poker girls the correct count of bells. They didn't even do the task. If they had of made it to the pit stop I would have been pissed off if Phil didn't disqualify them for not actually doing the task.

Can't wait for next week.

FORT Fogey

I did not catch the description, but was that fish raw? It sure looked nasty.

As for Erica, there are several ways to give up. One is just to plain flat out not do it, but another is to do it with little to no effort. She let the other teams make her give up in spirit. She could have gotten it with a little effort the first times through. It is nice to see that she found a very very patient man who helps her through her issues. Everyone should be as lucky in a life partner.

+ Reply to Thread