+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 11/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3740961;
    I was never a fan of the poker girls (well really Maria) but think it was unfair to have strength being part of the challenge when they were obviously mismatched with all the rest of the teams. Tiffany came close but Maria was pathetic. We really wanted Erica to go home instead. Too bad but loved the Globetrotters. They cracked my up with their dancing.
    True... BUT two points: a. they don't know who will be there by that time, so it's not intentional that it's there with at least one all girls team left, and b. the strength challenge they used? - the trick isn't the strength, but moreso the angle and trajectory you use when swinging it down. They weren't handing the hammer properly and therefore the "snap" was off so that combined with not hitting the button right - it didn't ring.

All this said, I'm sad this is how Tiffany and Maria left - I always hate these eliminations where Phil has to come over to them and say they're being eliminated. Had I been the duo, I'd probably either a. done the dance without the bell ringing and taken the penalty by then and chance that it's a NEL, or b. done what they did, and fight as hard as they could. I don't see the team as quitting - I think they knew by then they probably would've been eliminated more than likely or been so far behind the other group that there would've been no way to catch up. It also would explain why Phil came there - it might've been an NEL, but there was no way they could've caught up so it was more merciful to say they were eliminated from the race.

FORT Regular

Is anyone else stunned that these two young females were so lacking in physical coordination? My 17yo son screamed, "How did they make it through P.E. in school???" Guess all their "skills" are tied up in the mental side of things, since their success in competitive poker is nothing to sneeze at.

Where I got confused was when they headed back to golf the second time. I thought they said that they were going to try dancing? They might have been better off...the routine didn't look that complicated, plus it didn't require stripping down to their underwear and swimming. (For the second time.)

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3741100;
    Where I got confused was when they headed back to golf the second time. I thought they said that they were going to try dancing? They might have been better off...the routine didn't look that complicated, plus it didn't require stripping down to their underwear and swimming. (For the second time.)
    They were supposed to ring the bell before they started the dancing. It was part of that particular challenge. They couldn't ring it, so instead of skipping it and taking a penalty, they kept switching back and forth, which, IMO, incurred more time than a penalty ever would. Tiffany came close a few times, but I don't think Maria was even trying. She wasn't even hitting it half the time. Not sad to see them go. Tiffany was okay, but Maria grated on my nerves. Plus, she never wanted to do any of the challenges. She could have easily done the bell counting, but instead made Tiff do it. Not a fan of anyone who gives up or quits.

The globetrotters....when Flight Time (isn't he the shorter of the two?) said.."I don't want to talk about it..get the camera out of my face" then he switched tactics and said "but did you see me dancing?" I lost it... So funny. I hit rewind and watched it again!

Normally, I like Brian and Ericka, but tonight, I would have bitch slapped her. That man has some serious patience. I'm starting to think she really doesn't want to be here and is only doing it because he begged her or promised her a big piece of jewelry..

I really, really enjoy the father/son team.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3741076;
    True... BUT two points: a. they don't know who will be there by that time, so it's not intentional that it's there with at least one all girls team left, and b. the strength challenge they used? - the trick isn't the strength, but moreso the angle and trajectory you use when swinging it down. They weren't handing the hammer properly and therefore the "snap" was off so that combined with not hitting the button right - it didn't ring.

All this said, I'm sad this is how Tiffany and Maria left - I always hate these eliminations where Phil has to come over to them and say they're being eliminated. Had I been the duo, I'd probably either a. done the dance without the bell ringing and taken the penalty by then and chance that it's a NEL, or b. done what they did, and fight as hard as they could. I don't see the team as quitting - I think they knew by then they probably would've been eliminated more than likely or been so far behind the other group that there would've been no way to catch up. It also would explain why Phil came there - it might've been an NEL, but there was no way they could've caught up so it was more merciful to say they were eliminated from the race.
    The thing is, the tasks they were struggling with were part of a detour. The only team to ever quit on a detour in the history of TAR is Momily from the first season. They incurred a whopping 24 hour penalty. I haven't read through this whole thread, so I don't know if that had been brought up (I apologize if it has).

But yeah, it was just impossible for Maria/Tiffany to complete either the golfing or ringing the bell. They were just fatigued. I think Maria did try, but she's just weak physically. Like they said before, she was more of the brains of the team, and Tiffany was the brawn.

I don't know if the rules have changed since TAR1, but if they haven't, then I really don't consider Maria/Tiffany as quitters. Tiffany might have said that they quit, but Phil was already there on location. It was obvious that they were going to get eliminated right there. And even if it was an NEL, there was no way they would have caught up with that 24 hours behind them.

I'm really not liking this season. I enjoyed last week's episode, with Mika refusing to go down the water slide. As frustrating as it was, it was epic and it will go down as one of the most memorable moments of this show. But other than that, I'm really ready for this season to be done with.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3740949;
    I am so confused. Brian and Erica did not ride the bikes and got a half hour penalty, why didn't the girls just not ring the bell, but do everything else, wouldn't they just have gotten a half hour penalty also?
    I am not sure but I think the penalty would be much longer if you just decide to skip part of the challenge rather than misunderstanding a clue and making a mistake. If it were only a 30 minute penalty to skip a part we would see that being done every season with a team hedging the odds and hoping to advance by getting to the matt early and banking on others being behind them by 30 minutes.

FORT Fogey

The penalties seem so random. Remember that irritating guy from Survivor did not eat the gross food, and he got what an hour. Erica and Brian do not ride bikes they get a half an hour. Someone said above a team got 24 hours. It seems that if you forget a step like bike riding, you should have to go back and do it again the right way, and if you cannot complete a task, than you are out period.

Phil came over to the girls and said I hear you want to quit so I am assuming the girls told their cameraman, and he phoned Phil and said they were done. I would have been out there forever until they told me I was out period. This is a once in a lifetime chance. By now you know what the race is going to expect out of you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3741130;
    I am not sure but I think the penalty would be much longer if you just decide to skip part of the challenge rather than misunderstanding a clue and making a mistake. If it were only a 30 minute penalty to skip a part we would see that being done every season with a team hedging the odds and hoping to advance by getting to the matt early and banking on others being behind them by 30 minutes.
    I agree with your assumption, but didn't Survivor guy and his girlfriend quit, and only get a short penalty at the eating thing? Viewers have no idea of the penalties, and that is why it is irritating to watch this show sometimes. You cannot find your passport without any time to find it you are out, you forget a mode of transportation you only get a half hour, very confusing.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3740872;
    Giant Nerf Golf?

I'm sorry, but that's one of the lamest things they've ever had on this show. I mean when we've had Ox chasing, Cheese Wheel rolling, Duck wrangling...
    I think the whole point was the difficulty, and evidently it was that. The brothers are the only ones who didn't seem to struggle at least a little bit with this task.

Rob and Amber incurred a 4-hour penalty for not eating the meat (so did all the other teams that they encouraged to join them). IIRC, this has been the penalty for not finishing a task for a lot of years.

Momily incurred a 24-hour penalty because they gave up and didn't look for the car.

Zev and...um..partner ;-) didn't have their passports when they checked in (this is a requirement). If they had noticed hours earlier that they had lost their passports, and had then gone back to find them, and then checked in, they would have been fine. Actually, if they had been able to find their passports and gotten back to Phil before the last team checked in, they would have still been in the race. (IIRC, it was a day or more before they got their passports back after someone turned the passports into the American Embassy.)

In other seasons, teams have taken a taxi when they were supposed to walk and incurred a penalty equivalent to the time they saved.

I didn't think Brian and Erica would get much of a penalty because they didn't save time by walking. If anything, it took them much longer.

+ Reply to Thread