+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The Globetrotters were messing around - it didn't make her decide not to do it. She obviously wasn't going to do it, no matter what. I agree that she had the opportunity to be a "hero" for overcoming her fear and doing it anyway, as so many before her have done. But, her selfishness won out. Remember the lady who shaved her head? And, there have been tons of them who have bungee jumped, in spite of their big fear of heights. Mika should never have gone on the show if she knew she wouldn't do what she needed to do. There are plenty of other people who would love the opportunity to go on the Amazing Race that would overcome their fears to be there. What a selfish baby!

I can't discount her fear as unreal. It seemed to be a pretty deep seated and serious phobia. Her panic at being pushed convinced me of that.

It was her whiny "don't tell me what to do" stuff that soured me.

And yeah. I have to wonder why anyone with a phobia THAT serious would come on this show. Do they want to be "famous" (well, "reality show famous") THAT much? Even if you credit her with having a real uncontrollable fear the moment you consider that she came on the show anyway (there hasn't been a SINGLE season of TAR without at least one water challenge, for those phobic about that, and at least one "height" challenge)...

I mean, unless these shows really DO only cast through agents who cast people based on looks and couple types and such and these idgits haven't even SEEN the show before now. Which is hard to believe.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm really liking the dad and son combo. I figured just by looking at them that they would butt heads quite often. So happy they are bonding instead.

My husband said he would have thrown me down it... For a million bucks, I would have wanted him to. He did back off when she freaked out, so I won't hold it against him. She was being over the top dramatic about it. I understand...it's a real fear. I suffer the same gripping horror when faced with a spider... But water wings for water knee deep? Really? Not sad to see them go, though. And at least Canaan was sweet about it in the end. Would I have been? Not so much.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I really think Canaan would have tossed her butt down that slide if nobody was watching. The funny think is she didn't even notice the sharks she was so worried about the slide,lol. I can imagine the whining she would have done if she had noticed. Why come on a show like this with such serious phobias?
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

She doesn't like heights, the water, has never sweated or done any running and yet she is with a competitive sports driven guy. What a match. I thought the foot stamping was a nice touch. Why did she agree to do the show?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Glad to see Ms. Whiny Pants leave! I've been in fear before and had to over come. To me, she didn't have the signs of a real fear. Sweating, shaking, not being able to verbalize ect. She was mobile and unfortunately all to vocal. She sounded like a bratty three year old whose Mother hadn't tended to.
    I'm very sorry for her. To have that mind set would be very hard to live with, nothing to say about it being very limiting to her, as we all saw.
    I would tell her boyfriend to run - fast. Can you imagine having that in your daily life? Heaven help him when he runs into a real emergency in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3736266;
    Glad to see Ms. Whiny Pants leave! I've been in fear before and had to over come. To me, she didn't have the signs of a real fear. Sweating, shaking, not being able to verbalize ect. She was mobile and unfortunately all to vocal. She sounded like a bratty three year old whose Mother hadn't tended to.
    I'm very sorry for her. To have that mind set would be very hard to live with, nothing to say about it being very limiting to her, as we all saw.
    I would tell her boyfriend to run - fast. Can you imagine having that in your daily life? Heaven help him when he runs into a real emergency in their lives.
    Mika had a "Veruka" moment from "Willie Wonka & The Chocolate factory" Her whining was just horrendous.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3736266;
    Can't imagine her in the delivery room having a baby...

FORT Fogey

My husband is a therapist, and he said that girl was not showing the signs of fear, but of exhaustion. She was basically acting like a child when they are so tired they do not know what to do with themselves. I do not discount that she is afraid of heights, but my husband thinks that in her head she was looking for a way to get out of the race, and played this angle up to do so. He said the same thing as the poster above that if she was truly afraid of the activity, she would have been sweating, shaking and cowering her head in her lap like the girl that was afraid to swim last season.

To the Point

Mika seems to have a number of irrational fears. Makes you wonder what the heck is underlying all that fear. I had to keep reminding myself while watching that the reason they are called irrational fears is because they are irrational. She was beyond the beyond in her reaction. While I do think Canaan really probably did want to fling her butt down the slide, I actually think she made it look way more dastardly by her reaction than it actually was. When I was able to separate myself from my feelings of wanting to slap the snot out of both of them, and listen to what he was saying as well as watch, it seemed he just wanted her to sit down and hold on to the bar to at least get to a point of beginning the slide, of course that would have made it all the easier to push her butt down the slide as well. I wondered if he thought getting her to that point might enable her to take the next step. I just don't think she was going to take that step no matter what!

Love the Globetrotters! So glad that were able to stay in the race! Funny, I don't even notice the music. Everytime I read comments about it I think "they were playing that?" How funny. They are just so fun to watch!

Poker girls totally saved the brothers! They were freaking clueless, even with the calculator!

There was nothing to indicate that calculators weren't allowed. I thought it was smart of the brothers to bring one and of the GT's to ask for one.

Cheyne and Meghan (do I have those names correct?), are actually easy to watch. Even when she gets frustrated he seems to balance her pretty well. They really do seem to know and respect each other. It's nice to see this in a couple. While they still have opportunities to show us their underbellies, I'm really impressed with the way they have worked together so far. I'm thinking that by this point in the race they are all suffering from sleep deprivation, stress, the heat, etc. and they seem to be managing well.

There is something about Erica and her husband (how sad I can't remember his name) that just really bugs me. She seems to get frustrated and quit on task and then get frustrated that he can't just make it work. I don't know, just not feeling it.

Poker girls...only one really working it and doing all the most demanding task..Annoying most of the time.

Brothers...not feeling them. Don't really dislike them, but no loving them either. Do think it's funny that girls haven't figured out that they are gay.

Dad and son...These guys have impressed me with their interactions. Cracked me up that Dad commented on helping his son dye his hair.

+ Reply to Thread