+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

If a team that you like does whatever they could to win the race, you don't blame them.
    But if a team that you hate does something to try to win the race, you criticize them for what they have done.

Simple.

I would have talked just loud enough for Mika to hear about the sharks at the end of the slide. You bet I would trash talk, in a heart beat. It is a game and the mind is the best way to get into a game.
    There's no place like home!

I have never seen an adult wear arm floaties before.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Where is the shame??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by fung*;3738767;
    If a team that you like does whatever they could to win the race, you don't blame them.
    But if a team that you hate does something to try to win the race, you criticize them for what they have done.

Simple.
    Not that simple, for me anyway. My family does our own little Amazing Race game where at the beginning we pick our top 5 favorite teams and points are awarded depending on how well they do. Globetrotters are in my top five and Mika and Canaan are not, but after this episode I'm not as big a fan of the Globetrotters.

I just thought it was unecessary cruelness. They could see how upset she was and there was no need for them to be heartless. There were plenty of ways to discourage her without being sadistic and vicious. Just tell her to take her time, there's no hurry, it's ok if you don't go, stuff like that.

All guys are not going to agree to come off like sissies when they are in a macho profession. They were, compared to how they would talk to teammates of opposing teams, pretty delicate with her. They didn't threaten her...they just encouraged her not to do what she didn't want to do, within the alloted, brief time frame. I LOVE mind games!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3738368;
    Buildings have about 20 feet per floor.
    Actually, it's usually about 10-12 feet per floor. Ceilings are generally about 8-10 feet, with a couple of feet comprising the ceiling/floor.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I was talking, more so, about office buildings where you have to have ventilation systems and other things between floors. Maybe I've just eyeballed older buildings.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3738728;
    The Globetrotters knew that if Mika went down that slide they (Globetrotters) would be the last team to check in. They did what anyone else would have done when racing for a million dollars. It isn't as if they went overboard or anything with it. They were trying to make it to the mat before Mika and Canaan. It's a race. They talked some trash. Big deal. Mika wasn't going down the slide no matter what (as she proved) so it in no way kept her from going down the slide.
    True, plus they were REALLY mild in their trash-talking! It was a couple of sentences, jokingly. It was nothing!!

True, plus they were REALLY mild in their trash-talking! It was a couple of sentences, jokingly. It was nothing!!
    I TIVO'd last week's episode and didn't get to watch it until a couple of days ago. (And of course, I'd read the forums by then :-) ) One thing I noticed as a result...in the "here's what happened last week" clips, they showed the Globetrotters telling Mika and Canaan to get their coats for the "find a snowman/build a snowman" task, and how grateful M&C were for that help.

+ Reply to Thread