+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 161

Thread: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #131
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,033

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Was it the globetrotters that made the crack about a challenge taking them so long, Lance and Keri would beat them to the pit stop? I was cracking up when that was said!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  2. #132
    Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Posts
    196

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Interesting to read all the different opinions. I DIDN'T see anything wrong with Canaan's behavior. I was just amazed that he was willing to put up with this behavior for 45 mins. Any man I know would be long gone. And rightly so. I wouldn't think that anyone - boyfriend, mother, sister ect. should have to see or hear such childishness
    What bothered me is that she is in a relationship {even new} with someone she didn't trust. Not wise to be in any relationship - family, friends ect if you don't trust them. I understand that trust takes time. But there should be a least a first level. And she didn't trust him.

  3. #133
    Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Granite Bay, CA.
    Posts
    196

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3737227;
    Was it the globetrotters that made the crack about a challenge taking them so long, Lance and Keri would beat them to the pit stop? I was cracking up when that was said!
    Yeah - that killed me. They have had some great one liners!

  4. #134
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    364

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I honestly think Canaan was just frustrated at the point where he tried to get her to at least sit down-that being said, as someone who is absolutely terrified of both heights and falling-if it had been me, as soon as I saw that slide, I'd have told my partner that I was going to close my eyes, and he needed to lead me to the slide, sit me down, and just shove me off. I'd never go down on my own once I saw the drop.

    And side note-kudos to Canaan for the song he'd got on the country charts- Runaway by Love and Theft. If you get a chance, listen to it, it's a fantastic song

  5. #135
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,006

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I'm still wondering what the deal was with the sharks. Was their presence aided by an optical illusion, or do they have a natural aversion to things entering the water like torpedos? Since the water was only about knee-deep, I noticed that none of the people were in any kind of panic about the sharks when they stood up. Interesting. What if I nicked my finger while I was going down on the slide, and I was bleeding (and some finger wounds can bleed quite a bit); would there be anything to worry about? I doubt it.

    As far as the Globetrotters trash-talking, that's what they do for a living on the court. They were sweet to be concerned about the effect of their trash-talking on Mika, since some people cannot take it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #136
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,548

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    From what I remember the slide went over an aquarium where the sharks were located; the part they exited was a regular pool with no sharks.

    Edited to add: looked it up. It says that the ride goes through a tunnel in the shark enclosure & then ends up in the pool so it does sound like they were safely seperated from the sharks. And it's 27.5 metres/90 feet long - yikes.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-27-2009 at 12:15 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  7. #137
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,517

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3737283;
    I honestly think Canaan was just frustrated at the point where he tried to get her to at least sit down-that being said, as someone who is absolutely terrified of both heights and falling-if it had been me, as soon as I saw that slide, I'd have told my partner that I was going to close my eyes, and he needed to lead me to the slide, sit me down, and just shove me off. I'd never go down on my own once I saw the drop.

    And side note-kudos to Canaan for the song he'd got on the country charts- Runaway by Love and Theft. If you get a chance, listen to it, it's a fantastic song
    Thank you, that is exactly what I would have done. The slide for me is no biggie, its the bungee jumping, I would need a push.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #138
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,021

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3737426;
    From what I remember the slide went over an aquarium where the sharks were located; the part they exited was a regular pool with no sharks.

    Edited to add: looked it up. It says that the ride goes through a tunnel in the shark enclosure & then ends up in the pool so it does sound like they were safely seperated from the sharks. And it's 27.5 metres/90 feet long - yikes.

    90 freaking feet long? Is that the equivalent of a 9-story building???

  9. #139
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    61

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3736689;
    Felt very bad that Mika could not go down the slide. It was obvious that she was totally incapable of moving. For Canaan to try and push her was just wrong. Soothing words might have helped a lot more. Fear can be incapactitating and it certainly does not have a switch that one can turn on and off.
    There's a big difference between a drama queen and fear that is crippling.
    I have three words to contemplate . . . . "One Million Dollars"

  10. #140
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    56

    Re: 10/25 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I have been rooting for Mika and Canaan, but Mika really disappointed me a lot. She had done nothing throughout the race and I actually feel sad for Canaan. He tried his best in almost every leg to stay in the race and it is the only time that he needed Mika to do something for him. But that never-grown-up little girl refused. I understand how frustrated he is and would probably try to push her down and finish the thing quick.

    And I might be the only one who don't like the Globetrotters at all. I don't think it is neccessary for them to say something like that at that moment. After all it is other team's business and Mika and Canaan didn't steal their time. They should just wait and go if Mika decided not to slide down. My least favourite team left, sorry.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.