+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethG;3731241;
    I can't remember what season it was, but there was one team several years ago that had to shave their heads for the fast forward. Now THAT'S a tough one!!!
    aahhh,..good memory, that was the couple who was having trouble with their marriage and went on the race to try and learn to work through...I think they ended up winning that season..(weren't they also the same ones that were trying to have children and ending up adopting because they won the race?)

FORT Fogey

I totally agree, the FF should be REALLY hard!! Shaving heads, climbing really high/jumping off a cliff, eating gobs of stuff (like the really really spicy soup huge bowl, or the challenge that BostonRob got everyone NOT to do in AllStar...). If there is only one per race, it should NOT be easy or fun - they should EARN the privilege of the FF. This week I wouldn't have wanted to miss the snow in Dubai...eventhough racing would be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3731389;
    I totally agree, the FF should be REALLY hard!! Shaving heads, climbing really high/jumping off a cliff, eating gobs of stuff (like the really really spicy soup huge bowl, or the challenge that BostonRob got everyone NOT to do in AllStar...). If there is only one per race, it should NOT be easy or fun - they should EARN the privilege of the FF. This week I wouldn't have wanted to miss the snow in Dubai...eventhough racing would be really fun.
    I agree. Not so hard they can't complete it, but hard enough that they don't beat everyone else to the mat by a million hours. Or it they do, it's because they are bald or tattoo'd.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I loved Uchenna's bald head - so if it's really hard, it should be QUICK to give them that advantage.

Ger

I have to join in here and say I also am glad to see Lance and Keri get the boot.

I really enjoyed tonights race with going from the heat into the cold.

It was really a switch.

First walking in the desert to find water and then into the snow to find the little snowman and finally back outside to build a snow man for those that could not find the little snow man.

The fast forward was a easy one but so much fun !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3731351;
    aahhh,..good memory, that was the couple who was having trouble with their marriage and went on the race to try and learn to work through...I think they ended up winning that season..(weren't they also the same ones that were trying to have children and ending up adopting because they won the race?)
    Actually they ended up going back to Hollywood to revitalize her career and at that time were still childless. But I did see them on one or two more TV shows, a what not to wear type for the wife and another HGTV one.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Ger;3731630;
    The fast forward was a easy one but so much fun !!!!
    But why was Megan crying the whole time? What an idiot, she is now on my bad list.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Noticed on the preview one of the girls being too scared to go down a water slide. She was wearing water wings so, I'm thinking that maybe she was scared because she can't swim? Afraid of heights?
    Anyways, I just shake my head when I see scenes like this: This is the Amazing Race people!!
    When you sign up to do this show there are certain things that you should expect to be asked of you, and you should be prepared to do them.
    Here's my list of some of the things I think ALL contestants should be prepared for:
    1) Swimming - most races have a water component.
    2) Heights
    3) Getting disgustingly dirty
    4) Encountering wild animals
    5) Navigating - someone on the team should know how to read a map
    6) Eating disgusting things (vegetarians beware!)
    7) Drive stick shift
    8) Gruelling physical tasks
    If you are unwilling/unable/unprepared for these types of challenges, then maybe you shouldn't be on the show.

Anyone have some things that contestants often balk at, that they should not be surprised about being asked to do?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3733031;
    Noticed on the preview one of the girls being too scared to go down a water slide. She was wearing water wings so, I'm thinking that maybe she was scared because she can't swim? Afraid of heights?
    Anyways, I just shake my head when I see scenes like this: This is the Amazing Race people!!
    When you sign up to do this show there are certain things that you should expect to be asked of you, and you should be prepared to do them.
    Here's my list of some of the things I think ALL contestants should be prepared for:
    1) Swimming - most races have a water component.
    2) Heights
    3) Getting disgustingly dirty
    4) Encountering wild animals
    5) Navigating - someone on the team should know how to read a map
    6) Eating disgusting things (vegetarians beware!)
    7) Drive stick shift
    8) Gruelling physical tasks
    If you are unwilling/unable/unprepared for these types of challenges, then maybe you shouldn't be on the show.

Anyone have some things that contestants often balk at, that they should not be surprised about being asked to do?
    It's a water slide, not a bungee jump. I would do a 1000ft water slide over a 20ft bungee jump.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3731053;
    "That's how you be a man baby." Yep, finding a tiny stuffed animal in a pile of snow is your ticket to manhood,
    My impression was that this was meant as a humorous/sarcastic remark aimed especially at the false ideas of "machismo" that are often associated with male athletes.

I thought it was pretty cool of him to say that--especially while surrounded by all tht snow.

+ Reply to Thread