+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 10/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

The Fast Forward is just really stupid. They need to have an activity that all the teams do, and whomever does it first wins the Fast Forward. They could easily before a leg film an activity and whoever wins gets the Fast Forward. The way they do it now, it is usually one team that goes, and has no competition because everyone else knows they are going.

That's how it has been ever since S5, when they decided that they shouldn't include a FF on every leg. It was a good change IMO.

The problem is that the FFs are too easy. There were some tasks that were the hardest tasks ever, but this one with racing a car under 45 seconds? That's just fun. I would actually want to do that. The last hard one (one that was actually challenging) that comes to my mind was the one KenTina did in TAR13, climbing that tower all the way to the top to get their clue.

Anyway, I absoluted 'd the location in this episode. Dubai has always been on my list of places to visit. Maybe when I get out of high school, I'll go there some day. And I really enjoyed watching the teams go from one extreme to the other. It was a good episode, task and location wise. And Mika brought some laughs, when she said, "It's funny how we can go 120 in Dubai and still feels like we're actually going 60," to which Canaan responded, "It's 'cause that's km."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3730818;
    It's on in Canada. One team is trying to buy tickets to "the Persian Gulf" as if it's a city I won't say anymore, but that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.

That was what the clue said--"Fly to the Persian Gulf."

They were just reading what was given to them.

The other teams read off the same thing.

______________________________ _______________

\I can't say I'll miss Team Nasal--there was nothing that they did that was of interest.

Lots of negative energy around them too.

Buh-bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3731214;

Actually, one team asked the airline employee for tickets to the Persian Gulf. She told them she didn't have tickets for that. That's when they figured out they needed a specific place.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3731074;
    I love the Globetrotters! Hoping they win the whole thing! They are just so laid back and pleasant. When they are on screen, I find myself smiling the whole time. Great attitudes!

I don't like Lance and Keri, but I have to give them credit. They handled the day better than I expected. I figured they'd be yelling at each other and angry. They weren't, really. He wasn't screeching at her ala VICTORIA! I figured he'd be off the charts cranky after the day they had, but he stayed pretty calm. So I applaud him for that. Nevertheless, I'm glad they are gone.
    I love the Globetrotters also. They're my favorite team.

I will say that this is the first time I found Lance kind of funny but was keeping my fingers crossed all episode that they'd go home and no NEL to save them.

IA that the f/f has been tougher. I would have minded more if the team had been someone I didn't like though.

I can't remember what season it was, but there was one team several years ago that had to shave their heads for the fast forward. Now THAT'S a tough one!!!
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

CCL

^ Agree. They had that in two seasons, as I recall. One time with Brandon and Nicole where Nicole refused to do it and they had to go back and do the task. The other time was Uchenna and Joyce - Uchenna was already bald but Joyce went ahead and shaved her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Dancer;3731214;

Yes, but when the other team (Brian and Ericka) came up to them, the brothers asked them if they knew that the Persian Gulf was not a country. And they had earlier said they had no clue where the Persian Gulf was so...

I did like the dichotomy between them going from the intense heat of the desert to the freezing cold of the indoors ski arena.

Not sad to see Lance and Keri gone.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

To the Point

So glad Lance and keri are gone, however, I was much less annoyed with them last night than any other night. Her voice is just beyond irritating though.

While Lance scared me for most of the race, he and Keri did come up with some good one liners this leg. At the mat Keri deadpanned that they had seen most of Dubai that day. I smiled with Cheyne when he had so much fun driving the formula race car, and then they got chauffeured to the mat - whew - I could go for that particular fast forward every leg...that is, If I were a racer.

This season I have felt as though I've been on the race - at least in the predictions thread. I've gone from first to the middle to last - at least I can't be phileminated there.

LG.

another previous Fast Forward was the one where Donald and Grandpa had to get tattooed to get the FF. Yes, permanently inked. Much more of a "commitment" than driving a race car for less than a minute.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread