+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

fan999, also I'm sure that TPTB make copies of the passports up front.

The only thing that's bothering me, other than not wanting that team to leave, is how Zev is taking it.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

There are many on the race that were not born when she was Jackie Kennedy. I doubt many would have known her as Jackie Onaiss either. Would those of us over 40 know a picture of say President Eisenhower's wife Mamie?
    There's no place like home!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3724861;
    fan999, also I'm sure that TPTB make copies of the passports up front.
    The only thing that's bothering me, other than not wanting that team to leave, is how Zev is taking it.
    wouldnt that make one null and void?
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3724872;
    wouldnt that make one null and void?
    Copies for documentation; xerox copies of the pages of the passports, not fraudulent passports, LOL.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I programmed the DVR to go 90 minutes long and it still stopped at 9pm. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Did it show how or where Justin and Zev lost their passports or how it came to be that Phil knew they were missing upon check-in?

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3724883;
    I programmed the DVR to go 90 minutes long and it still stopped at 9pm. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Did it show how or where Justin and Zev lost their passports or how it came to be that Phil knew they were missing upon check-in?

Thanks in advance...
    No, it wasn't shown how/where they lost Zev's passport.

Upon check-in at the mat, they told Phil that they had lost their passports. Phil asked them if they had checked their backpacks (they said no-!) so he told them they had until the last team checked in to find them. He told them to search their packs and told them to hurry (but they moved liked molasses). They dumped all the contents of their packs out near the mat, and found Justin's passport.

Phil told them to go back out on the course to find it, and they walked (not ran) away to find it.

I still can't believe that they didn't search the cab, even though they called the same driver to help them retrace their steps. Or at least, that wasn't shown...

Oh, Maybaybie, the show was about 40 minutes late due to football.

The poker girls gave up on their wheely carryons and got backpacks but would have been eliminated anyway if not for Zev and Justin losing their passports. At least I thought it was both of them. Was it only Zev? He had his passport in his hand as they got into the cab at the airport in Phnom Pen. As someone else commented, usually the cameramen pick these things up but I noticed nothing dropped or left behind.

The producers probably keep all the identification documents required so passports can be repaced as soon as possible but wasn't it just last year or the year before that one team didn't make it to the finale because they lost their's?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3724862;
    Would those of us over 40 know a picture of say President Eisenhower's wife Mamie?
    This one just might.

Maybe I'm a special case. Growing up, my parents were the age of most of my friends' grandparents.. And I had siblings who were from 6 years older than me up to 18 years older. I grew up rich in historical trivia.

But people younger than me today also never pronounce my last name right. It's the word for a particular animal's young. I grew up knowing this word, but it seems it's not taught in school anymore. Weren't most of us taught in kindergarten things like ducks/ducklings, geese/goslings, sheep/lambs, etc?

It doesn't make me feel old when I know this stuff and others don't. It makes me feel sad. Like the man with the hammer in the post-apocalyptic book "Earth Abides" when he realizes the post-apocalypse generations know nothing of pre-apocalypse history - and don't care to know.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Ahhh, so sorry to hear Zev and Justin couldn't recover a placement. I guess my favorites to watch will now be Team Globetrotter and Team Montana. The show is taping, but I may now wait until tomorrow to watch.

+ Reply to Thread