+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 10/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I grew up the same way. I dont know how many even know that Eisenhower was President before Kennedy. It seems simple history is no longer taught.
    There's no place like home!

I'm sad to see Zev and Justin go; Zev was definitely one of the more quotable racers in recent times. "Sean Penn, Cambodia" is one of my top TAR quotes of all time. Also telling the driver to go fast or he'd tell his mother? Love it!

I'm still rooting for the Globetrotters and Tiff/Maria.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey

OK I understand the need to eliminate a contestant without a passport, however they completed this leg of the race. To disqualify them when they completed this leg is ridiculous. I mean they would eliminate themselves eventually anyway with the fact that if they need to fly and had no passport, they would be out. They did not screw up, or miss a task, they just have no passport to fly next flight time. They should be eliminated when the next time their passports are needed, they do not have them.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkPink;3724859;
    Didn't mean to sound rude prhoshay, sorry if I came off as such.

I forgot about the pink hair father/son team.. I think I'll pull for them now also.
    No ThinkPink, YOU are not the ONE who sounded rude!!!

ThinkPink, I love your compassion about Zev.

I can't believe that the show is going to Dubai, wow. Now there is a place of ultimate extravegence --sp--. What a contrast to other locations...hmmm.

Guess I will watch out of curiosity, now that I am no longer rooting for any team, just rooting against a couple or few teams.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 10-11-2009 at 11:56 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

OK I understand the need to eliminate a contestant without a passport, however they completed this leg of the race. To disqualify them when they completed this leg is ridiculous. I mean they would eliminate themselves eventually anyway with the fact that if they need to fly and had no passport, they would be out. They did not screw up, or miss a task, they just have no passport to fly next flight time. They should be eliminated when the next time their passports are needed, they do not have them.
    The rules are that they can only be checked in if they have their travel documents with them. That's why teams in other years have also had to check in twice when they left their passports somewhere during the leg.

(And I thought that teams always kept both passports in the TAR pack with their money? I was surprised to hear that they kept them individually. Given that the teams have to stay together, it shouldn't matter that one person is carrying both...I've always carried all the passports when we travel, since I'm the least likely to lose them :-))

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3724956;
    The rules are that they can only be checked in if they have their travel documents with them. That's why teams in other years have also had to check in twice when they left their passports somewhere during the leg.

(And I thought that teams always kept both passports in the TAR pack with their money? I was surprised to hear that they kept them individually. Given that the teams have to stay together, it shouldn't matter that one person is carrying both...I've always carried all the passports when we travel, since I'm the least likely to lose them :-))
    The reason that I said what I said, is that what if the team members get separated? Each needs to have their own passport and some money, no?
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3724937;
    "Sean Penn, Cambodia" is one of my top TAR quotes of all time. Also telling the driver to go fast or he'd tell his mother? Love it!
    Yep, loved, that one, too! That was such a bummer, I was hoping upon hope the editing just made it look like them! For the first time in a long time, though, there are more teams that I like vs. that I'd really like...to go home. I'll reserve that spot for the dating lawyers and I just can't warm up to Mika and Caanan. Really wanted to see Zev and Justin race longer, though.

Just a bit of a Princess MadelynneRabb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;3724854;
    I am absolutely disgusted at how none of them recognized Jackie Kennedy.

Come on. I'm 41 years old. These people can't be that much younger than me.

I'm just really put out over that.
    I had a hard time identifying her as Jackie Kennedy - maybe it's just the way it filmed/how it looked on my TV, but the picture was kind of blurry. (At least I know she wasn't Queen Elizabeth.) And sadly, nobody pays attention to history/geography anymore. I know I'm a special case - I still watch/play Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego on occasion - but I always get sad when teams mangle the names of foreign cities.
    I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." -- Puddleglum, "The Silver Chair"

"Don't smoke. Don't drink and drive. And pay your taxes. Because they will find you." -- James, Big Brother 6

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3724862;
    There are many on the race that were not born when she was Jackie Kennedy. I doubt many would have known her as Jackie Onaiss either. Would those of us over 40 know a picture of say President Eisenhower's wife Mamie?
    I was kind of stunned by this lack of knowledge too.

There's that incredibly famous photo of JFK getting shot with Jackie trying to get out by crawling over the back of the car.

Do they NOT show that in history classes? JFK's assassination?

Just wondering....

+ Reply to Thread