+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 9/27 Premiere Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3712567;
    Time expired on both Jessie and Ericka.

I'm really disappointed about Ericka's display. For goodness sake, if she's going to push the fact that she was a Miss America she really should have a better composure.
    I hate ducks, so I thought she held up pretty good. Plus she use to be Miss America so in my mind the pagentry crap as left the body, it's game on

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3712575;
    She seems more like the "Diva" variant than any of the better versions.

I think there must be a school somewhere where they teach this obnoxious Diva behavior. Its so consistent, there's GOT to be a common source, right?

I wonder if Jerry would be diagnosed with Aspergers these days too?
    I didn't see the Dvia attitude you are talking about. All I saw was a frustrated contestant trying to get her team ahead.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;3712696;
    Thanks for the info! The person watching it with me (who isn't really a fan) told me they started in San Francisco (which was weird because it looked like they were standing in the LA River). Anyway... I didn't understand the start until now.
    Gracie, your friend was mistaken. They WERE standing in the LA River, and upon completion of the challenge, were cleared to drive themselves to LAX for a flight to Japan.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I thought Erika and her partner (who is it that he looks like? Simon Pegg a little?) anyway, I thought they held up not too bad considering that they were almost consistently second to last. They barely made it through the license plate, struggled with the Wasibi, and had their share of troubles in the duck herding... to just survive the second leg. We usually see the worst of contestants when they are struggling to survive... and Erika WAS funny, I thought. I'd be interested to see how likeable they would be if they were doing well, though I can't see them doing well.
    Conversely, I'd like to see some of the other teams, Dan and Sam, Meghan and Cheyne, etc., and their reactions to just surviving through a couple of legs.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3712613;
    I laughed when Tiffany (poker player) said to her partner "how could we have lost 2 of them?" (the game show group). Hello? Because you didn't watch them. One of you should have led, and the other should have been behind the whole group making sure no one strayed. It would have been easier if they had lined them up single file and hand-gestured to stay in single file.
    They obviously learned nothing from the duck herding experience.

The poker chicks have GOT TO GO........
    I love TAR!

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3712557;
    The couple who felt like they needed to tell us they aren't having sex - frustrated and freaking out.

Canaan claims to be sexually pure because he is a Christian but later on, during the duck herding session, he says he wants to rip Mika's head off. This is being Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by shania;3713030;
    Canaan claims to be sexually pure because he is a Christian but later on, during the duck herding session, he says he wants to rip Mika's head off. This is being Christian?
    Of course he shouldn't have said that, so blame him for saying it, but not because he's a Christian. I don't get the Christian bashing. He didn't claim to be better than anyone else, just that he's trying to live a set of standards that he believes in in his own life. He obviously thinks they are the correct standards or he wouldn't be attempting to live them. I assume we all try to live in a way we believe is the best way for us and we all fail to live up to our own standards sometimes, especially under stress. Most of us lose our temper and hopefully as we age learn to control it better. Why is that a bad thing to try to live up to something? Why would people expect him to be perfect and never lose his temper, just because he's Christian. I hope and assume he feels bad about what he said and losing his temper. He never claimed to be perfect, just that he's working on it.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 09-28-2009 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyaltyBuff;3712967;
    The poker chicks have GOT TO GO........
    Agreed, I'm not too fond of that "street lawyer" either.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;3712800;
    I thought Erika and her partner (who is it that he looks like? Simon Pegg a little?) anyway, I thought they held up not too bad considering that they were almost consistently second to last. They barely made it through the license plate, struggled with the Wasibi, and had their share of troubles in the duck herding... to just survive the second leg. We usually see the worst of contestants when they are struggling to survive... and Erika WAS funny, I thought. I'd be interested to see how likeable they would be if they were doing well, though I can't see them doing well.
    Conversely, I'd like to see some of the other teams, Dan and Sam, Meghan and Cheyne, etc., and their reactions to just surviving through a couple of legs.
    I actually like this couple. She impressed me. I guess I was expecting a real snot and I didn't get that. She got down in the much, chased those ducks and didn't seem bothered that she was very dirty... She never gave up, either.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread