+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Herbert & Nate-TAR 15

Herbert & Nate-TAR 15

Herbert Lang (32); Nathaniel Lofton (28)
    Hometown: Brinkley, Ark. / New Orleans
    Relationship: Teammates

Their athletic talent brought these two friends together five years ago when they met at the Harlem Globetrotters training camp. While getting to know each other, Herbert and Nathaniel discovered that their occupation and need to entertain others were not the only things they had in common. They both live in Louisiana, have two children and shared the same college basketball coach.

Recently, Herb and Nate lost one of their best friends and teammate, Chris Richardson, who passed away in December and both continue to struggle with that loss. The three were commonly referred to as the "three amigos" throughout their inner circle.

Herbert believes he can get along with anyone on the planet and that he brings joy and laughter to all corners of the globe. Standing at 6'3," Herb is known among his colleagues as "Flight Time." Nathaniel, who goes by the name "The Big Easy," towers over the competition at 6'9," and admits to being worried that seating could present a problem on some of the flights.

Both have traveled extensively with the Globetrotters. Herbert has traveled to over 60 countries, and Nathaniel has traveled to over 30 countries. Despite their love of exploring new places, and their extensive knowledge of other countries, they're eager to see how well they can travel together when it is just the two of them.

Even if their fancy footwork does not translate to winning the $ 1 million prize, they both are confident that their relationship will remain the same regardless of where they end up in the Race.
    These guys are going to be fun. The necklaces that they wear are in honour of their teammate that passed away. I think it will be fun just seeing how they deal with the taxis and the planes-which will, more than likely, be with a great sense of humour.

Herbert and Nathaniel: The Amazing Race on CBS
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Re: Herbert & Nate-TAR 15

I almost always hate celebrity casting, but these two appear to be two I will like and can hope will go far.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I agree. I think they'll be fun to watch...

I hope they last, they are my pre-show faves.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I like this pair, but I've always liked the Harlem Globetrotters. I've actually gotten to see them play, and they are quite funny and very good.

That said - I have wondered if they are indeed playing for themselves or are actually trying to raise money for someone. In a way, as much as I don't mind this or Mel/Mike's casting last year, I would much rather if they cast celebrities in these races - and in this case the Harlem Globetrotters are much bigger "celebrities/athletes" than others we've seen cast here, I would much rather see them race to raise money for a charity or cause.

It also would be a huge boon to the team in more than just the duo racing - and it could help the charity too because people have been known to support charities athletes and stars support.

I don't know about the charity thing, but from the articles I read about them they are HUGE reality buffs.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Reads like they will be fun to watch. Now what would be even better is adding a duo from the Washington Generals to compete against them!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Bill

Definitely one of my favorite teams at this point...

From the onset, this is probably my favorite team. I really like these two.

I don't have any issues about 'celebrities' being on a reality show or a game show (people are people, it doesn't matter to me how they earn a living); I have more issues about morons and a-holes (famous or not) being on one.

Who is John Galt?

This is one of my favorite teams too. They are good players, they get along well, they don't diss the other teams and they are pleasant (a rare quality on reality shows).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast