+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zev & Justin-TAR 15

Zev & Justin-TAR 15

Zev Glassenberg (26); Justin Kanew (30)
    Hometown: Sherman Oaks, Calif. / Los Angeles
    Occupation: Unemployed/VP of Production and Development for National Lampoon
    Relationship: Friends

Zev and Justin's friendship started six years ago when they were working as camp counselors and the two have been very close ever since. Zev has Asperger's Syndrome, but they don't let it affect their relationship. They share friends and interests, and the friendship is as mutually beneficial as any could be.

Zev is an avid sports fan — especially basketball — and he has an intense competitive spirit. He describes himself as funny, modest, and loyal, and is running the Race to prove to himself that he can do anything.

Justin prides himself on his patience and his ability to problem solve. He admits the biggest difference between he and his partner is that Zev is not great in large groups of people — one of the characteristics of Asperger's — while Justin is very easy-going and can assimilate himself into any group.

Outside of the occasional trip to Vegas (where Justin took Zev to lose his virginity), neither has traveled extensively, particularly with one another. Their relationship is spontaneous and unedited and resembles one of brothers more than friends.
    I'm on the fence about these guys. I just really don't see them lasting well, even though they've got the brotherly bond. It will also be very interesting how Zev does-I know a few people with Asperger's, and I know that disabilities on the race have not been as big an issue (Peter/Sarah made it midway, Luke/Margie made F3) but spectrum disorders are a very different kettle of fish.

Zev and Justin: The Amazing Race on CBS
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Who is John Galt?

Re: Zev & Justin-TAR 15

Aspergers people are very focused, but in some cases, have pretty severe social issues. Since they are buddies, they should work well together, but competition with others may be troublesome.

^Yep, my brother has it and that describes it. Doesn't do too well socially, especially in groups, but very smart. So much of the race though is the social aspect, as there are alliances and dealing with all the different groups, and going off my experience Zev will have some trouble dealing with it all.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I'm wondering if the other racers will think he is just stand-offish and take an immediate dislike to him...

Watching these two is going to be interesting.

Hope they do well.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I really like these guys. Especially Zev. He's pretty funny and definitely sweet.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3712735;
    I really like these guys. Especially Zev. He's pretty funny and definitely sweet.
    me too! I thought it was great that he figured out right away that Poker Girls are lying.
    Carly
    Time flies by in photographs, and paper scraps and songs... Read mine...

Definitely one of my favorite teams. "The Duck Whisperer"...

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

One of my favorites as well. I'll be watching their progress and hope it goes well for them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast