Re: Zev & Justin-TAR 15

After the last two episodes I LOVE these two

FORT Fogey

I like them too. I hope they go far!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3712973;
    Definitely one of my favorite teams. "The Duck Whisperer"...
    I lost it on that.. too funny!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

i really like these two guys. Very sad they had to leave. Something not right here. They had supposed to be given a 2-hour penalty to find the missing passport. Unlike before, Phil gave other players a chance to repeat the task given or have to wait for a couple of hours just to repay their mistakes as a penalty. The producers should have done something right to help these two good guys. They gave good and honest impressions during the game and because of that, I believe almost all viewers dont want them to leave this way! Im very frustrated. Ugh sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by slick;3727950;
    i really like these two guys. Very sad they had to leave. Something not right here. They had supposed to be given a 2-hour penalty to find the missing passport. Unlike before, Phil gave other players a chance to repeat the task given or have to wait for a couple of hours just to repay their mistakes as a penalty. The producers should have done something right to help these two good guys. They gave good and honest impressions during the game and because of that, I believe almost all viewers dont want them to leave this way! Im very frustrated. Ugh sucks!
    I'm really sad that they had to leave, too...I really enjoyed watching them. But I don't understand about the penalty...in previous seasons, teams that lost/left their passports somewhere during the task had to go back and get them, and then had to check in again. I don't remember a time limit in the past...they just had to check in anywhere but last.

Did I miss something?

The checked in last after looking for the passports. They were told this from the start. Go find the passport but check in before the last team or they would be eliminated. We see an edited version of the incident.
    There's no place like home!

As sad as I was to see them leave, they fell victim to a rule that I don't think can be adjusted too much. If you allow them to check in without their passports and the next leg of the race is ready to start, if a team does not have their documents or replacement documents how can they continue? For instance...you allow them to check in first. Next leg starts and they don't have any documents, now they are eliminated and should have never received a first place prize. Also, someone has already left the race for checking in last. If they find their documents and check in last they've now magically injected a non elimination leg into the race. That just can't be done. There truly is no other way around it other than to have your paperwork with you at all times.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 10-16-2009 at 04:27 PM.

I, too, liked Zev and Justin very much and was sorry to see them go, but changing a rule for them just doesn't play. If it had been Lance and Keri who lost their passports, no one would be asking for help for them. Viewers, myself included, would cheer to see the last of them, but the show can't do one thing for a well-liked team and another for a deservedly despised team.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

They may not change the rule for them, but it should be changed period. They completed the leg. They should have until the next leg starts to look for their stuff. They completed every task of that leg, and came in first place. Now if they cannot find the passport before the start of the next leg, than they should be out. They got oustered unfairly, and anyone having that happen would for me be unfair.

The explanation of the lost passport is on Elimination Station. It showed them going into the Embassy where a clerk had the original passport waiting for them. Apparently Justin thinks he pulled it out of a pack when he pulled out his head lamp so they could see in a dark temple. They had misread the Monkey clue and went to this temple first. Justin is devastated and, as of the Dubai elimination, they still hadn't shown up at the Vietnam Elimination Station site. However they did talk by phone to the two couples there on the day they should have arrived. I don't know what happened in the intervening days to delay them beyond Lance and Keri's arrival. Perhaps next week we'll find out, or I could just watch their interview. LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast