+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam & Dan-TAR 15

Sam & Dan-TAR 15

Sam McMillen (23); Dan McMillen (21)
    Hometown: Liberty, Mo.
    Relationship: Brothers

Brothers for 21 years, Sam and Dan will tell you that their relationship did not truly start until last summer when they both came out and told each other that they were gay.

Growing up Christian in a conservative community, neither one of them felt comfortable enough coming out at an early age but after doing so, they've found a whole new bond with one another and instantly became closer through honesty and trust. Sam and Dan will tell you that being gay is only one of the many aspects of their lives.

Dan describes himself as organized, open-minded and spontaneous and hopes to gain a new sense of appreciation for his life from running the Race with his brother. His hobbies include exercise, volunteering and traveling.

Sam claims to be optimistic and happy-go-lucky and his hobbies include cinema, logic games and anything involving the outdoors. Communication may be the biggest challenge for this Team, as they claim to be polar opposites. From academic interests to how they approach tasks, these brothers are very different in everything they do. Due to his passive mentality, Sam will need to be more vocal to overcome Dan's blunt, assertive personality in order to contribute to the team while on the road.

Sam is pursuing a degree in medicine while Dan has one more year left at William Jewell College to complete his business degree. When asked what former Team they would model their style of play after, Sam points to Nick and Starr because they maintained a positive attitude which carried them to the $1 million prize. Dan identifies with the competitive style of Rob and Amber. Both brothers hope that the Race will take their new found closeness to the next level and help them forge an even stronger bond.
    I'm liking these guys already. When you model yourselves after Nick/Starr and Romber...that's a model for success. I can only imagine how it was growing up for them.

Sam and Dan: The Amazing Race on CBS
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Who is John Galt?

Re: Sam & Dan-TAR 15

Young, healthy, athletic looking males and brothers with a lot in common. They are definitely a physical threat to the other racers.

Young, healthy, athletic looking males and brothers with a lot in common. They are definitely a physical threat to the other racers.
    And they're funny as all get-out. Love these guys.
    Coach Ken: "Kid, you make this kick and you die a legend."
    Curt: "Can I pee first?"

Yep, I'm liking them, too.

Who is John Galt?

If those poker player girls can't tell they are gay, their gaydar is extremely defective. I could tell as soon as they opened their mouths, and they didn't have to tell me every 5 minutes either. They seem to be nice enough guys with all the other players (and even help the ladies out once in a while - real gentlemen). They have a good chance to win it all, if they don't start fighting with each other, which looks like that is coming.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3718716;
    If those poker player girls can't tell they are gay, their gaydar is extremely defective. I could tell as soon as they opened their mouths, and they didn't have to tell me every 5 minutes either. They seem to be nice enough guys with all the other players (and even help the ladies out once in a while - real gentlemen). They have a good chance to win it all, if they don't start fighting with each other, which looks like that is coming.
    Actually, they could tell. I think it's because they were flirty gay guys which blur into flirty metrosexual territory. And it's so rude to "out" people out instead of them outing themselves.
    Last edited by watts; 11-03-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3742058;
    And it's so rude to "out" people out instead of them outing themselves.
    I absolutely agree. People like Perez Hilton do this all the time. I am sure it has ruined the careers of some people. Some gay men feel that every one should admit their sexual preference and if they don't, they are open game. This is so wrong!

Sounds like these guys get a little competitive in coming weeks (counterpoint to the perfect gentlemen they've been thus far), but I don't care. I'm rooting for them.

The constant bickering between these two is making my crazy. And swiping the cab? Low....real low. I liked them early on. Now I wish they would just go away.

I live just outside New York City, so the concept of swiping a cab is an everyday occurence to me. Frankly, I don't understand why this hasn't happened more in the past on this show.

That said, the bickering is growing tiresome. But it was nothing to the 1,347,896 times that Megan said "Cheyyyyyne" in the last episode.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast