+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Re: 5/10 Show Discussion Finale *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;3442954;
    Tammy and Victor were not my favorites - I don't even remember who my favorites were, - but they're the only ones still worth rooting for. Can't stand the whiny chicks and the horrible mommy and her equally horrible son.
    Well said Ms... They are horrible. He's a petulant little bitch and she's a high-speed, non-stop excuse making enabler. Really self-centered hypocrites. I'd like to see Tammy and Victor win, but ANYONE other than these two phonies would be fine!:nono

I'm probably lying... spinozasright's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3442968;
    I'm surprised Margie isn't doing it herself because Luke can't hear the pig.
    LMAO! Funniest line of the week!

FORT Fogey

I missed the entire show except the end where my favorites, the nonhorrible Margie and Luke, lose. I am SOOO bummed.

I loved that Luke hugged Victor at the end and that all 3 teams did a group hug at the end. Very nice.

Last season was anticlimactic for me because I desperately wanted Kentina to pull through, but I am really satisfied with this season's results.

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3443277;
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was already a rule, but they didn't do anything because Tammy and Victor had already won and Luke/Margie and Jaime/Cara both helped eachother so giving them both penalties would do nothing.
    I don't think there'd be a penalty for two reasons - 1. you just mentioned a good one, that Tammy and Victor were probably already the victors by then, but there is 2. - if teams are stupid enough to actually help each other out in a roadblock that could cost them $1 million (bear in mind Tammy and Victor COULD"VE been lost somewhere and therefore the other two teams could snatch the win), then let them fall on their face. It'd be similar to Jen and Kisha's incident.

Now, I was rooting for Tammy and Victor as well as Margie and Luke to win, so I was happy with the result. If Jamie and Cara won, I'd been happy that Cara won, but upset that Jamie won.

What I liked most about all three teams though was that none were mean to each other, but instead wished each other luck. Plus, Jamie and Cara could've simply said "Forget it - Luke Helped us, we'll stab him in the back" and just ran off and let Luke spend forever trying to finish the task and then have Phil come and tell them the race is over. Afterall, as mentioned above, Tammy and Victor could've gotten lost and not won the challenge, and Jamie and Cara could've become the first girls team to win the race.

No matter how anyone feels about the three teams - I think this was the best part - they understood the difference between a game and real life. I do hope that a couple realize that this holds true for the past legs and make amends as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;3443196;
    They made it sound as if most parents of deaf children don't sign... am I correct to pick up on that?

Well, OF COURSE, deaf people can do anything!!!

That was a really odd thing for Luke to say--it ertainoly isn't true of the dewaf people I know.

I feel that Tammy and Victor deserved their win--IMO of the three finalist teams they learned the most and changed the most during the race. They really learned how to work well together. IMO Victor really got his act together after not listening to Tammy on the vampire walk.

And I love how he helped her during the pig carry.

I would want him as my coach during a hard task like that--very good mixture of support and goading and the practical--'Just do three more steps."

Works for me.

And I hope when Luke sees himself on tv he'll realize it is time to "cut the apron strings" and grow up. He has a serious problem with impatience. Mom won't be thre forever to pick up the pieces after one of his meltdowns.

Like everyone else, I really didn't have a favorite out of the last three teams running the race. I know I just didn't want the reds to win, based solely on the ugly American vibe of that one red.

Tammy and Victor did work well together, won a lot of the legs, and were respectful to all of the other teams.

Margie and Luke were amazing, well Margie really was an amazing competitor. Luke, for being 22, is still very dependent on mama. And I think Margie will always be there for Luke and it will be difficult for him to ever cut the apron strings. Just a feeling I get from her.

I really thought that Margie and Luke were going to win, though. They sailed past Tammy and Victor and the reds at the luau and he was really good at the memory challenge until he messed up on the last two boards. He let the frustration get to him and, from that point on, he choked.

I will have to check out the DVR, but did he ever put his pants back on after the surfboard challenge? I know he ran to the mat with his backpack, but I didn't notice if he was wearing pants!?!

I will miss TAR and Phil and can't wait for the next season to begin. Of course, it will be on Sunday nights AGAIN and we'll have to deal with delayed starts.

I loved the Survivor commercial and can't wait to see what happens to coach on Thursday night!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3443607;

I will have to check out the DVR, but did he ever put his pants back on after the surfboard challenge? I know he ran to the mat with his backpack, but I didn't notice if he was wearing pants!?! ....
    Yes, this is important stuff. Did Luke put his pants back on?! Tammy came clean. She told everyone present she was NOT wearing pants. Thanks Tammy! I wasn't sure. Phil said she could afford a new pair of pants now.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3443607;
    Like everyone else, I really didn't have a favorite out of the last three teams running the race. I know I just didn't want the reds to win, based solely on the ugly American vibe of that one red.

Tammy and Victor did work well together, won a lot of the legs, and were respectful to all of the other teams.
    They were very respectful of themselves and others, including every culture that they encountered. Although there were language barriers, and frustrating times (like when behind the "sightseeres" last night) they were always gracious and kind. Kudos to them!

Margie and Luke were amazing, well Margie really was an amazing competitor. Luke, for being 22, is still very dependent on mama. And I think Margie will always be there for Luke and it will be difficult for him to ever cut the apron strings. Just a feeling I get from her.

I really thought that Margie and Luke were going to win, though. They sailed past Tammy and Victor and the reds at the luau and he was really good at the memory challenge until he messed up on the last two boards. He let the frustration get to him and, from that point on, he choked.
    Margie was an amazing competitor, and to think they her & Luke were challenged as well because of a communication barrier, I am truly impressed with these two. She was one tough cookie through the whole ordeal. While others could talk each other through...they had to sign through and at times the lack of speaking, was an obstacle for them. However, they prevailed and finished third! CONGRATS!

I will have to check out the DVR, but did he ever put his pants back on after the surfboard challenge? I know he ran to the mat with his backpack, but I didn't notice if he was wearing pants!?!

I will miss TAR and Phil and can't wait for the next season to begin. Of course, it will be on Sunday nights AGAIN and we'll have to deal with delayed starts.

I loved the Survivor commercial and can't wait to see what happens to coach on Thursday night!
    Looking forward to the great sights & sounds of the next TAR!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The season has ended: a somber Phil holding down the fort on the mat; sparkly clean contestants lined up and clapping until their arms fall off; a deserving win, but an interesting second place. There were a few good one liners...my favorite being Marge (unable to sign because she is steering the jetski) yelling at Luke, "Don't yell at me!" The only moment of real suspense for me was when Tammy and Victor were doing a little pre-celebration in the taxi...I mean, what if???

Not my favorite season - mainly because of the cast - but I did enjoy the European scenery before going to familiar places like Russia and India and Thailand. I hope I can click with next season's cast.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread