+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fung*;3435369;
    I don't think so.
    Did u say this because the team you are rooting for was eliminated?
    For the record, I want Margie and Luke to win. And, I still think the U-turn is wrong for the show and too extreme in its consequences. Sorry, dude, but that's my opinion.

The U-Turn doesn't bother me too much, because we have seen in the past people just say "We're not going to use it" even this late in the game, and then the second team U-Turn the first team, thinking they're ahead. This is a rare time that a team used it to their advantage, knowing that the team the turned around was a strong team. The other time has been Margie and Luke's turn this season. Basically, at least that I know of, it's the first time that a U-Turn has been successful in helping eliminate a team.

All this said, I agree with those who said it was the roadblock and the pee that cost Kisha and Jen the race. Jen simply too too long on the roadblock, allowing Cara and Jamie time to catch up and wolf down the food (Cara I like - she realized that a little scorpion, larve and crickets weren't going to kill her and just ate it), and race to the stop. And, unless I was choking or needed to use a little to swallow properly, I'd avoid drinking water until after I finished the food because a. it would wash away all of the food and not have to worry about eating more and b. it'd keep me from having to pee until I got to the mat.

Out of the remaining teams, I won't be entirely disappointed with a winner, though if Jamie and Cara win, it'll be like Flo and Zach's win - Happy Cara (Zach) wins, but upset that Jamie (Flo) wins based on their attitudes this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3434453;
    I'm shocked everyone here liked the team of girls who stopped to pee. Can't remember anyone's name. That girl whined and cried her way through the past few shows. The swimming challenge was ridiculous, and she showed a quitter attitude. Their decisions weren't those of people who win.

The redheads... I seriously hope that one girl takes a good long look at her horrible behavior. She is the ugly american.

The mom and son... I don't care about them one way or another.

The brother and sister I like. I think they've really developed their relationship over the race. While they've certainly travelled more and have more life experience, the show chose the tasks and the locations. They're my pick to win.
    I have to ask...how long did it really take Jen to pee? I mean she seemed to be far enough ahead that a 10 second pee break would not have affected the outcome. I wonder if the cab ride affected the timing or if they got lost actually looking for the pit stop mat.

It may be partly because of Jen's age/maturity that peeing was more important than a chance at a million dollars. Thinking of bills to pay, supporting a family -- I don't think I would have cared to wait.
    If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3434135;
    I'm obviously in the minority. I want to see Jaime and Cara win. I forsee no taxi trouble in Hawaii.

Actually I think they do face taxi troubles in Hawaii, at least according to the previews. Jaime is ranting about something to the taxi driver, and the dispatcher interjects a very smart remark to Jaime that puts her in her place. I guess we will find out Sunday. If the redheads pull this off, I swear it will be the biggest upset in AR history. I don't think they can do it.

I like Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor. Both are deserving. I have a feeling though that Tammy & Victor might win this, with Margie & Luke shortly behind. It will probably hinge on the "memory task" they have at the end. Who has been taking the best mental notes on their journey?

It should come down to the person who's turn it is to do a road block. If they still have to do an even number each, this could be disasterous. I have not kept count on the road blocks. I think either Tammy or Victor would do great, Margie would, not sure on the Redheads or Luke.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3438872;
    I have to ask...how long did it really take Jen to pee? I mean she seemed to be far enough ahead that a 10 second pee break would not have affected the outcome. I wonder if the cab ride affected the timing or if they got lost actually looking for the pit stop mat.

There is a clip from last week's show (cbs.com~Amazing Race) that shows Phil talking to Jaime & Cara when they were at the mat. He told them that at that moment Jen was using the bathroom, so we do know that it was close. I guess we'll never know if Jen had not used the bathroom, if they would have come in third. By the way, is it the assigned cameraman who gives Phil moment by moment details of what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by SkateMom;3438872;
    I have to ask...how long did it really take Jen to pee? I mean she seemed to be far enough ahead that a 10 second pee break would not have affected the outcome. .
    Anyone who can get in a portapottie, pee, and redress in 10 seconds or even 1 whole minute.... I'd be impressed.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady;3434453;
    I'm shocked everyone here liked the team of girls who stopped to pee. Can't remember anyone's name. That girl whined and cried her way through the past few shows. The swimming challenge was ridiculous, and she showed a quitter attitude. Their decisions weren't those of people who win.

The redheads... I seriously hope that one girl takes a good long look at her horrible behavior. She is the ugly american.

The mom and son... I don't care about them one way or another.

The brother and sister I like. I think they've really developed their relationship over the race. While they've certainly travelled more and have more life experience, the show chose the tasks and the locations. They're my pick to win.

I really enjoyed the sisters. And I could certianly empathize with someone having anxiety attack about having to do something. I don't think she came across as a quitter at all; she just came across as a real human being.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3440355;
    I really enjoyed the sisters. And I could certianly empathize with someone having anxiety attack about having to do something. I don't think she came across as a quitter at all; she just came across as a real human being.
    I liked the sister too. Its too bad they went out the way they did. I preferred them to win over the red heads.

Please let Tammy & Victor win this!
    I really liked them through the whole race & they deserve it, they were patient & kind with each other through out the majority of the race & showed respect for the other teams!

+ Reply to Thread