+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3433737;
    It depends on the instructions - if the detour/roadblock says you may NOT, you can't. We saw the stuntmen get penalized for having a taxi show them the way when they were driving the rickshaws, but earlier we hear I think Tammy and Victor say to a taxi who offered to show the way "no, we can't do that."

That said, there are other times when they're allowed to have someone show them the way and help out. OF course, there's the third one (Which if this is the case we'll hear on Margie and Luke's exit interview), they were penalized the 30 minutes, but it was regardless because Jamie and Cara were too far behind for it to affect their standings (J/C mentioned being out on that detour for THREE hours trying to find the opera house).
    I think that instance the wording was you may not pay someone to show you the way (whether taxi or others)...and the brothers paid their taxi. Most times they have people volunteer to show them, not taxis or others who would be paid.

FORT Fogey

I was really bummed to see Jen & Kisha miss out on the finals...don't like the cheerleaders at all.

Couldn't the sisters have also UTurned the cheerleaders since they hadn't used the UTurn in the game? or is only one team allowed to be uTurned? I thought I remembered another year that two had been?

The more I think about it, the more I dislike the detour on this show.
    As someone who's had lifelong bladder problems, I totally understand Jen's need to use the bathroom. I don't think she unconsciously did not want to win. I just think the urge she had was uncontrollable.
    My favorite moment of the season was last night when both Jen and Kisha were in the restaurant having to repeat the names of the difficult food menu items. "We black, not Chinese," said it all. Just hysterical and part of the reason I really enjoyed this team.
    At this point, I'd prefer Tammy/Victor to win. I find them very likable, self deprecating and funny. They are not at all mean spirited and have done a great job on running this race.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3434201;
    I was really bummed to see Jen & Kisha miss out on the finals...don't like the cheerleaders at all.

Couldn't the sisters have also UTurned the cheerleaders since they hadn't used the UTurn in the game? or is only one team allowed to be uTurned? I thought I remembered another year that two had been?
    Once a team uses it, it can't be used anymore.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I'm not surprised at Tammy/Victor's choice to U-turn the sisters. They've already lose 2 foot race to the mat to the sisters. I

FORT Fogey

I think the whole U-turn concept stinks.

There was no hope for Kisha and Jen because of it, really. The cheerleaders spent 3 hours screwing up, and they still beat Kisha and Jen.

It's so damaging that the show may as well just not have it and let the team in front pick who they want to send home.

In a game like this that is built on smarts, common sense, physical endurance, social skills, i.e. everything EXCEPT the roll of a die, it is not a move that belongs.

Completely random, unfair, and contrary to the spirit of the game.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

FORT Fan

I'm shocked everyone here liked the team of girls who stopped to pee. Can't remember anyone's name. That girl whined and cried her way through the past few shows. The swimming challenge was ridiculous, and she showed a quitter attitude. Their decisions weren't those of people who win.

The redheads... I seriously hope that one girl takes a good long look at her horrible behavior. She is the ugly american.

The mom and son... I don't care about them one way or another.

The brother and sister I like. I think they've really developed their relationship over the race. While they've certainly travelled more and have more life experience, the show chose the tasks and the locations. They're my pick to win.

FORT Regular

Help, what did the sisters have to do as punishment for being u-turned. I missed it cuz I had to go pee!

They had to do both the opera and restaurant roadblocks.I really wanted Kisha and Jen to go forward--I have a weak bladder too, but if I had been that close to a pit stop and racing for the final three, knowing it was close, and especially with that long robe on--I'm sorry, I'd be running and peeing :LOL
    If anyone said anything, I'd SWEAR it was sweat dripping!

I really hope Victor and Tammy win--I'd hate to see either of the other two take the million.
    Last edited by queenb; 05-04-2009 at 10:00 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3434292;
    I think the whole U-turn concept stinks.

There was no hope for Kisha and Jen because of it, really. The cheerleaders spent 3 hours screwing up, and they still beat Kisha and Jen.

It's so damaging that the show may as well just not have it and let the team in front pick who they want to send home.

In a game like this that is built on smarts, common sense, physical endurance, social skills, i.e. everything EXCEPT the roll of a die, it is not a move that belongs.

Completely random, unfair, and contrary to the spirit of the game.

All in my humble opinion, of course.
    I don't think so.
    Did u say this because the team you are rooting for was eliminated?

If so, everthing in the race can be unfair - the non-elimination leg, the flight, the cabs, the double-length leg(this is ridiculous if they said "make you way to the pitstop" but the leg ends up not finished)

Kisha and Jen did manage to survive the U-turn. They lost because of Jen's inability to finish the roadblock, but not the U-turn.

+ Reply to Thread