+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Re: 4/26 Show discussion Thread ****SPOLERS*****

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3426582;
    What does being in a professional league have to do with anything? What has that got to do with the quality of athlete Colin was? All I am saying is of all the contestants that have been in TAR he is athletically one of the most gifted and he acted like a total donkey's behind on several occasions. Colin would also have beaten Ken based on age alone.
    What does it have to do with anything? Well, like I said, credentials. How else are we suppose to judge who is a better athlete? Did Colin run the Boston Marathon? Did he run the fastest 40 at an NFL draft combine? Does he bench 300lbs? Otherwise, determining where contestants fall on the "gifted athlete" scale is highly subjective. I can name about a half dozen other contestants who I would consider better athletes than Colin.

I think, relative to Margie and Luke, Kisha and Jen did shake off the incident. Jen said her "bitch" part (which I see as college athletes behaving as expected (ie. trash talking in the heat of competition) as opposed to behaving "badly"), vented about it to Tammy and Victor (which is admittedly a minus), and if it was not coddled crybaby Luke and his over-protective enabling mother on the other end, not only do we not have the blowup on the mat we also wouldn't have Margie acting like she's in high school trying to paint Jen and Kisha with the evil brush to the other teams in the following leg.

I really do believe that we will see the equalizer on Sunday night.

When the teams arrived at the airport last night for the flight to Beijing, the next flight out was at 5:10 or so. I think they all left the pitstop between noon and two or so. They arrived in Beijing and did the foot massage and pool challenges when it was dark out. Let's just say it is anywhere between 9-11 pm. By the time they get to what they think will be the pitstop, it is now much later in the evening. They will probably have to take a cab somewhere to do the next task.....only to find that the next task won't open until 8-10 a.m. .....so they will have to sleep outside while they wait for the gate or door to open.

Saying that, I also believe that the sisters will catch up with the other three teams and they will all start out this next leg at the same time.

Going back to the synch diving and physics discussion, if Tammy and Victor did not jump on the diving board, but just walked out to the end, counted to three, and jumped off.....would that have had any bearing on them hitting the water at the same time? It seems to me that somehow the bounce/force exerted from the diving board coupled with the height and weight of each of them somehow threw them out of synch. I never took physics in HS or college, but it just seems like it might have had some sort of play in how difficult it was for them to get into synch with each other.

Premium Member

Tammy and Victor shouldn't have even tried the Synch Diving, you never see guys and girls doing that in that kind of sport. Plus he is bigger and heavier than Tammy it would be near impossible to get the dive so they get in the water at the same time. Even on the extra clip on CBS they realized they made a mistake taking the dive and staying and doing it for so long. All teams should have done the swim from the beginning IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3426652;
    What does it have to do with anything? Well, like I said, credentials. How else are we suppose to judge who is a better athlete? Did Colin run the Boston Marathon? Did he run the fastest 40 at an NFL draft combine? Does he bench 300lbs? Otherwise, determining where contestants fall on the "gifted athlete" scale is highly subjective. I can name about a half dozen other contestants who I would consider better athletes than Colin.
    Credentials, how about how well they did their tasks during the game? I don't care what their background was, I am just judging by what I saw them do on the show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My mom and cousin tried out for Amazing Race and it says clearly in the paperwork that you must be able to swim. You would think that Jen would have seen that and not applied. Did she think that she could just make Kisha do all the swimming?

Even Tammy admitted that she had just learned to swim before the race. She was likely hoping it was something that was a roadblock, and her sister could do it. I'm sure they ask a million questions before a person goes on the race, only a portion of which you actually encounter while there. She took a chance and lost, and was forced to face a huge fear. My question is why did Kisha not have on the life vest during their first attempt? She was struggling out there, obviously a weak swimmer, but not afraid like her sister. I would have had that thing on from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3425961;
    Deos anyone know what kind of nurse Margie is?

She doesn't seem to have the calm cool reactions to stressful situations that anyone would want in a medical healthcare provider.
    The kind that is not afraid of water

I haven't seen Maggie freak out yet because she can't complete a task like Jen. Hell, the woman is in great shape for her age.

Originally Posted by steppemaster
    Deos anyone know what kind of nurse Margie is?

She doesn't seem to have the calm cool reactions to stressful situations that anyone would want in a medical healthcare provider.
    I don't know what kind of nurse she is, but her reaction in the situation here can't be compared to a work situation. Her reaction here was based on emotion (not to mention ALL of the racers are probably getting pretty worn out physically/mentally/emotionally at this point). At work you aren't emotionally invested (you shouldn't be, at least). Big difference.
    Just speaking from my experience.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3425990;
    Wow, I know people who stay mad at each other for years. Staying mad at each other is the basis of murder and divorce. Just look at all the drama in plays, books, tv, movies that are based on being mad at someone. Getting over it in 24 hours is a rare and unusual occurrence.

I had someone mad at me for more than a decade and they never addressed the underlying reason for the anger. Actually never even admitted they were angry. What's crazy is that the behavior over which they were angry was something that they had literally invited. People are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3426949;
    Even Tammy admitted that she had just learned to swim before the race. She was likely hoping it was something that was a roadblock, and her sister could do it. I'm sure they ask a million questions before a person goes on the race, only a portion of which you actually encounter while there. She took a chance and lost, and was forced to face a huge fear. My question is why did Kisha not have on the life vest during their first attempt? She was struggling out there, obviously a weak swimmer, but not afraid like her sister. I would have had that thing on from the get-go.
    I think she figured she didn't need it. She put it on later in support of Jen.

+ Reply to Thread