View Poll Results: Who was really being the bitch?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke

58 38.67%
  • Jen

47 31.33%
  • Margie

19 12.67%
  • None of them, it was just competition

18 12.00%
  • Kisha

8 5.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who was the biggest bitch?

Re: Who was the biggest bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT*;3424318;
    that's exactly what i think. M&L are always playing the victim card and bringing up his deaf handicap

also the bit in the taxi when Luke signed "it's just mean to call a deaf person a bitch" (or something similar, can't remember the direct quote)
    Exactly! I'm in total agreement with the folks thinking this. He has said repeatedly that he wants to be treated just like anyone else, but then goes and makes that comment in the cab...."Calling deafpeople a bitch is not nice". Not just people, but deaf people. Implying that it's okay to call anyone else but deaf people a bitch. This indicates to me that he is not there, yet, in self awareness of who he is and that he does expect special treatment. So what is it, Luke? To be treated like anyone else?....or special treatment because you're deaf? Perhaps when the race is over, he'll look back on it in retrospect, and figure himself out.

Also, ...the first cluebox incident.... IMO, he knew Jen was coming up behind him and was clearly moving to his left as Jen was approaching, thus hip checking her in an attempt to block her, and then the elbow came up. If he had not being moving to his left, Jen would have had clear access to the cluebox, IMO. He started the whole thing and then tried to put it all on Jen.

I am sooo looking forward to Margie & Luke finishing last next leg. Can't wait for them to be gone.

FORT Fogey

Also, ...the first cluebox incident.... IMO, he knew Jen was coming up behind him and was clearly moving to his left as Jen was approaching, thus hip checking her in an attempt to block her, and then the elbow came up. If he had not being moving to his left, Jen would have had clear access to the cluebox, IMO. He started the whole thing and then tried to put it all on Jen.

You think? Yeah, I guess he heard her....

I think that all of them over-reacted. None of them were right and all four of them were wrong. Doesn't really matter now, it's over and done with. As I have said in another thread about this, the best thing that all four of them can do now is watch what happened and learn from it.

FORT Fogey

Originally Posted by steppemaster
    Not arguing or even disagreeing--but just a thought here-

IF we're going to give Luke a by for his 'exagerated reaction" because of his deafness--then shouldn't we give Jen a by for her instinctive ATHLETE'S reaction?

Just wondering....

"Not sure I understand the question - is name-calling an "instinctive ATHLETE'S reaction"?"

My question is about the physical reactions they both had with their lifting of arms and elbows.

That's a pretty instintive ingrained movement for a b'baller.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3424586;
    No, she wasn't finished with it when she called him a "bitch." That was bad sportsmanship, at the very least, from the beginning, and not taking responsibility for it made it worse.

People who just want to move on after they get their "lick" in and feel that the other party should get over it and not respond are not admirable.

Again-this is an athlete's reaction--you're trained to move past any incidents and just get on with playing the game.

Jen thinks and acts and reacts like an athlete--which can be somewhat different than how "ordinary" people react and think.

FORT Fanatic

"Athelete's" reaction. What is this, is it anything like a deaf reaction?

Sometimes I think we have lost all human empathy in our quest ot be politcally correct. Live in this world as a deaf person, then live in this world as an athelete. I wonder which one it would be easier to control your natural reactions?????

FORT Fogey

""Athelete's" reaction. What is this, is it anything like a deaf reaction?"

Nope.

I have no idea what such a "deaf reaction" that you refer to mght be--but athletes have ingrained physical reactions and reflexes based on their training and experiences.

If Luke is an athlete then he would have such reflexes too.

Please don't put words--or attitudes--in my mouth.
    Thanks.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3424814;
    ""Athelete's" reaction. What is this, is it anything like a deaf reaction?"

Nope.

I have no idea what such a "deaf reaction" that you refer to mght be--but athletes have ingrained physical reactions and reflexes based on their training and experiences.

If Luke is an athlete then he would have such reflexes too.

Please don't put words--or attitudes--in my mouth.
    Thanks.
    Hi, it was never my attempt to put words or attitudes in your mouth. I really didnt understand what an atheletes reaction might be. I feel that everyone has ingrained physical reactions and reflexes based on their experiences. Again, my apologies if what or how I typed my post was in any way out of line.

As a former athlete (growing up and in high school, definitely not college/pro!) my parents/coaches ingrained into my head that no matter what happens, you shake it off and keep going. The game is still on, there's no time to "explore feelings", or whatever. Stand your ground during the incident, grab the ball (or the clue) and keep going.

That's what I saw her do when she got an elbow thrown her way. (Who cares if it was intentional or not, it was still an elbow toward the face.) She responded and went on with the race.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3424613;
    You think? Yeah, I guess he heard her....
    Of course he didnít hear her. Sheesh. But he sensed or knew it somehow. They were both in the same general area, looking for the cluebox, so he knew she was in the vicinity. Then, when he found the cluebox, he had his big butt stuck way out in a defensive posture just before Jen put her hands, lightly I might add, on his back. Itís quite obvious. Then the hip check and elbow. Who takes clues out of a cluebox with their big butt sticking way out? Luke does, when he wants to block the competition and gain a ľ second in time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast