+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I didn't think the fist thing was anything more than the reactions of someone who is used to talking with their hands. I could be wrong, but I just didn't see it as a threat of any sort.

As for letting Tammy and Victor win the leg, again, I say hogwash. If everyone who ever grabbed some unwelcomed help from another team on a leg of the race gave away their prize, prizes would be changing hands nearly every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3419230;
    And AS IF Luke would ever be physically stronger than either of the sisters-COME ON!
    Do what? I'm sure he is a lot stronger than either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3418756;
    I also think that the sisters should have said something to the effect that Victor and Tammy deserved first due to them just following after them. .
    I don't get this either. Maybe Victor and Tammy should have found a way to shake the others off their tail--or maybe they should have just run faster at the end. This happens all the time in TAR, and I've never heard anyone say "but x other team deserved to win, not us". And remember, Victor was telling the drivers not to go so fast, and the calligraphy instructors to grade his first, and so on...which is also fair in this game. I do agree with you that the producers should do something to stop the bunching that has happened the last few seasons, and I also think they could have less tasks that depend mostly on being in great shape, and throw in a few more where the racers would have to use their brains more. The tasks that are not just running are often just mindless, this season, like the bird fishing thing.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-20-2009 at 10:20 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3419485;
    Do what? I'm sure he is a lot stronger than either of them.

I don't get this either. Maybe Victor and Tammy should have found a way to shake the others off their tail--or maybe they should have just run faster at the end. This happens all the time in TAR, and I've never heard anyone say "but x other team deserved to win, not us". And remember, Victor was telling the drivers not to go so fast, and the calligraphy instructors to grade his first, and so on...which is also fair in this game. I do agree with you that the producers should do something to stop the bunching that has happened the last few seasons, and I also think they could have less tasks that depend mostly on being in great shape, and throw in a few more where the racers would have to use their brains more. The tasks that are not just running are often just mindless, this season, like the bird fishing thing.

Uh, I doubt it. Kisha and Jen appear to be very athletic and fit, whereas Luke clearly does not. I don't know in what world Luke would be physically stronger than them, at least not in appearance, which is what I'm partially basing my assumption on.

FORT Newbie

I don't know why people are still rooting for luke and margie.
    Clearly luke pushed jen in the second clue box.
    And Margie is such a racist to say that kisha should know better because she is black.
    I know that luke is very admirable but definitely not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick;3418831;
    From what I saw, Jen and Kisha were the one's to elevate this. The first incident, she is the one that lacked respect of Luke's space. He was at the clue box first, she came around behind him and tried to manuever around him, she tried to move her arm over him to get to the box, which is when I saw the elbow from Luke.

But what really elevated it to me was the "bitch" comment. Completely crass and uneccessary.

The second one, I saw Luke pull back with his arms up in the air as soon as he realized he was falling in to her. And at least he didn't call her a bitch at that time hehe.

I think with all the stress from the race, your trigger finger is going to be itching.

I also don't think Margie is being overprotective. We are only seeing a tiny sliver of their life. As a mom to a special needs son, I have to be more protective, otherwise he'd never get the help that he needs. Of course, he's only 10 now hehe.. but it's definitely a hard road to tow.

Maybe some of you all aren't aware at how crappy other kids and adults can be towards kids with special needs. I see it all the time unfortunately. If people were more accepting, we wouldn't have to "coddle" our kids.
    My Dad has been in education for 40 years. He started out as a Special ED teacher and has been in administration for almost 35 years working as the Special ED director for the same school district for 29 years. He is going to retire in June. So it's safe to say that I have been around people with special needs my entire life. I do not have a disability but I was born with a facial deformity and know all too well how cruel people can be. When I was little children AND adults would blatantly stare at me when we would go out in public and some would even point and make comments. Some even came up to my parent and made ugly comments and called me "harelip" which is such a nasty term for a person with a cleft lip. When I started school kids were really mean because they didn't understand why I looked different. I even had a little girl who told the whole school that my nose was "smashed" because my Dad was abusive and hit me it the face with a hammer. That was probably the cruelest thing anyone ever did. After awhile I developed a HUGE chip on my shoulder and started looking for people to make fun of me and reacted like Margie MANY times. By this point, I had enough surgeries where it wasn't even noticeable to most people so no one understood why I would through Margie like temper tantrums. It really alienated people and I never had any friends. I finally realized my senior year why people laughed at me and that it had nothing to do with the way I looked and EVERYTHING to do with my attitude and the way I treated people. So I decided to forgive all the bullies (and Jen and Kisha are DEFINITELY bullies and were laughing at Margie and Luke but because of the behavior not the disability) and now I have no trouble making and keeping friends since I've changed my attitude.

Sorry this was so long but I just wanted to say that I understand where Margie and Luke are coming from because I've been there but I realize that most of my problems were of my own creation and I feel that's the same for Margie and Luke. Although, Jen definitely started it all and made it worse by laughing. I also think that the producers were egging them on. I also agree with the poster above who said that Margie was hoping the sisters would get a penalty.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by kamkam08;3419567;
    I don't know why people are still rooting for luke and margie.
    Clearly luke pushed jen in the second clue box.
    And Margie is such a racist to say that kisha should know better because she is black.
    I know that luke is very admirable but definitely not this time.

I clearly did not see Luke purposely push Jen at the second cluebox. What I saw was both of them battling it out to get there first, Jen beat him, and he couldn't stop in time. I did not see him go after her, and try to push her aside like she tried with him at the first cluebox.

If you would have listened to what Margie said, you would see that what she meant was not racist at all. Nowhere in what she said did I see any hint of racism. The only thing I saw in what she said was a broken philosophy.

And I don't know why people are still rooting for Kisha and Jen. They're more annoying than Luke ever has been, plus they're more catty, and they appear to have huge egos that finally clashed with somebody else's.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3419630;
    I clearly did not see Luke purposely push Jen at the second cluebox. What I saw was both of them battling it out to get there first, Jen beat him, and he couldn't stop in time. I did not see him go after her, and try to push her aside like she tried with him at the first cluebox.

If you would have listened to what Margie said, you would see that what she meant was not racist at all. Nowhere in what she said did I see any hint of racism. The only thing I saw in what she said was a broken philosophy.

And I don't know why people are still rooting for Kisha and Jen. They're more annoying than Luke ever has been, plus they're more catty, and they appear to have huge egos that finally clashed with somebody else's.
    Whatever~luke clearly elbowed jen and push her .
    And love jen's line "karma"!
    Last edited by kamkam08; 04-21-2009 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamkam08;3419699;
    Whatever~luke clearly elbowed jen and push her .
    And love jen's line "karma"!
    Too bad she's just as guilty, if not more, for causing the whole confrontation in the first place. She clearly initiated contact at the first cluebox, and luke only lifted his arm as a reaction to being pushed aside by Jen.

At the second cluebox, I did not see him purposely push her like she did to him. What I saw was two people colliding after running fast towards the same object, and not being able to stop in time. When Jen stopped, she didn't just instantly lose all forward momentum, she still ran into the cluebox, and that is what happened with Luke, and except of running into the cluebox, Jen was in the way. You can clearly see him throw up his arms in surprise at the collision.

From an article I read before the race, Phil said that the fight went on for HOURS.

I wouldn't be surprised. Jen, Kisha, and Luke appear to have EXTREMELY huge egos. And Margie proved she can be a bit overprotective.

Overprotectiveness + Egos clashing = Battle of epic proportions. At least for this show.

+ Reply to Thread