+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I watched the episode today and did not see that Luke was pounding his fist into his hand as what he wanted to do to Jen. I saw it as him being upset and that was his way of showing it. Could he have handled it better, yes. Jen also could have handled herself better. As I have said before, all 4 were in the wrong and all 4 hopefully will see themselves on tv and learn from their mistakes.

If you rewatch after the 1st incident....in the taxi Margie signed to Luke that he could not push or get physical with another racer, this is when Luke became indignant and started pounding his fist.
    There's no place like home!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Margie 'n Luke's actions were disgraceful. Twisting the truth, screaming discrimination and making a huge big deal outta nothing.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Steena;3418833;
    I will answer my own questions, as I went searching for answers.

Each team is allowed to use the Yield option once during the entire game
    A team may be yielded multiple times by other teams
    Yields that are present in the race that are not used and do not affect the outcome, may not be aired.

There doesn't have to be a definite number of Yields each season. Season 10, despite saying that there were two yields in entire race, only one aired. Season 12 had no Yields.

So, we will see next week if there are any more Yields.
    There were two yields in Season 10, it's just that one was not used. It's also worth pointing out that the U-Turn has basically replaced the Yield: I don't believe that the US TAR has used a Yield since the U-Turn was introduced, but there have been two U-Turns in both 12 and 13. I expect that there were indeed two U-Turns in 14, but we may or may not have passed both of them by this point in the season since unused ones may not be aired.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3419056;
    I actually thought Luke was somewhere between 17 and at max, 19-- and a very immature late teen at that. I was shocked to find out he is 22.

I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned that part--it was scary to me--what happens when he has a woman in his life later, and mummy isn't around?
    What will happen when his girlfriend/wife sees him slamming his fist because he's pissed off?
    I don't mind the 'bodycheck'--that was just something that happened during the game. Insinuating that he's like to beat Jen up is another thing entirely.

As to Kisha and Jen, yes I did hear them say "we like to laugh in peoples faces" but at no time did I ever hear them say a word about Luke's being deaf, or call him any names (related to his disability) , or anything else related to his disability, his looks, his clothes, his mental capacity--nothing of that nature. Margie is the one who made it all about Luke's disability.

I agree. I didn't like the pounding and it scared me, too. I believe he's done that before. The last time he did thatI chalked it up to his young age and his overzealousness.
    I think that Margie is way too protective of Luke. I can certainly appreciate her supporting him. That is natural for any mother to do. But, there comes a point at which she needs to realize that his behavior is not helping them and she needs to stop being an enabler.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3418756;
    This is why AR is getting old to me. This was a very small argument, and other than the locations it is the only thing they offer us for good tv. You cannot mess with the stuff, you cannot bring anything in for an advantage, you cannot get anywhere near anybody, and if anyone dares use any of the small handful of game related tactics like the yield it is like it is wrong. It is becoming who gets to where first in the first task of the day wins and it is just watching people do tasks in order, and is getting boring.

I also think that the sisters should have said something to the effect that Victor and Tammy deserved first due to them just following after them. I think that was wrong, and the brothers could have caught up if the other teams would have had to find and analyze the caligcraphy themselves. I think there is way too much following in this game, and I think that is starting to make it boring. If they can stay so packed together, than let them play a little bit dirtier to make it interesting.
    I can't believe it took until post #151 for the highlighted to come up. To me it just showed Keisha and Jen's true nature (didn't want to make this racial by using "color" instead of nature.!!!! Just what Luke called them, b*tches. Tammy and Victor deserved to win that leg of the race. The whole incident was totally over blown and I'm sure it has to due with the fact that its late in the race and everyone is tired and stressed.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3419091;
    I agree. I didn't like the pounding and it scared me, too. I believe he's done that before. The last time he did thatI chalked it up to his young age and his overzealousness.
    I think that Margie is way too protective of Luke. I can certainly appreciate her supporting him. That is natural for any mother to do. But, there comes a point at which she needs to realize that his behavior is not helping them and she needs to stop being an enabler.

I missed the pounding.

Was he signing? I can try to look up exactly what it meant.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3419100;
    I missed the pounding.

I found on an ASL site that the "fist into palm" movement is used to mean "mashed" as in "mashed potatoes."

Or as in "I'd like to mash my opponent into the ground"? Only Luke and Margie probably know exactly what he meant. But he sure was angry.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3419100;
    I missed the pounding.

No.
    See QueenB's post #180. That's what I responded to.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno;3419062;
    Margie 'n Luke's actions were disgraceful. Twisting the truth, screaming discrimination and making a huge big deal outta nothing.
    Kisha And Jen are guilty of this too. They showed exactly that throughout the whole episode. Even at the mat with the smiling and laughing--->earlier in the episode they said that they do that to make others mad. Jen also lied about pushing Luke at the first cluebox.

Jen and Kisha are guilty of twisting the truth and provoking another team. This is not to say that M&L aren't guilty of it too, but I think they're getting the brunt of it because of many people's dislike of Luke.

Also, 22 is not that far off at all from being a teen, so I don't know why so many people are criticizing Luke for not acting like a 30yr old. And Jen is older than luke, and acts just as bratty, if not more, yet she rarely gets the character beatdown that Luke does.

As for Luke beating his fist- I see this as a visual act of frustration because he can't really vocalize it. And AS IF Luke would ever be physically stronger than either of the sisters-COME ON!

+ Reply to Thread