+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

This is why AR is getting old to me. This was a very small argument, and other than the locations it is the only thing they offer us for good tv. You cannot mess with the stuff, you cannot bring anything in for an advantage, you cannot get anywhere near anybody, and if anyone dares use any of the small handful of game related tactics like the yield it is like it is wrong. It is becoming who gets to where first in the first task of the day wins and it is just watching people do tasks in order, and is getting boring.

I also think that the sisters should have said something to the effect that Victor and Tammy deserved first due to them just following after them. I think that was wrong, and the brothers could have caught up if the other teams would have had to find and analyze the caligcraphy themselves. I think there is way too much following in this game, and I think that is starting to make it boring. If they can stay so packed together, than let them play a little bit dirtier to make it interesting.

FORT Newbie

Ok, so I have been back to watch the "incidents" several times. For everyone that says Jen obviously pushed him at the hair salon, go back and watch it again (slow motion helps). Jen comes around his left side and he moves towards the left side to block her from the box and then throws his elbow up in that general direction. If she had pushed him, he would have moved to the right and away from her, not towards her. As for the 2nd incident, I don't think he tried to trip her at all. They both stumbled into the box and their feet got tangled up. My two cents.

Jen and Kisha were shown in the cab planning to laugh in Luke's face. They were planning to ramp it up the whole trip to the next clue box.

Kisha/Jen are well educated but that was a silly move and kind of bitchy. They knew it was going to cause confrontation so don't come playing the saint now. If you can't take it, don't dish it out!

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3418756;
    This is why AR is getting old to me. This was a very small argument, and other than the locations it is the only thing they offer us for good tv. You cannot mess with the stuff, you cannot bring anything in for an advantage, you cannot get anywhere near anybody, and if anyone dares use any of the small handful of game related tactics like the yield it is like it is wrong. It is becoming who gets to where first in the first task of the day wins and it is just watching people do tasks in order, and is getting boring.

I also think that the sisters should have said something to the effect that Victor and Tammy deserved first due to them just following after them. I think that was wrong, and the brothers could have caught up if the other teams would have had to find and analyze the caligcraphy themselves. I think there is way too much following in this game, and I think that is starting to make it boring. If they can stay so packed together, than let them play a little bit dirtier to make it interesting.
    Totally agree...it is becoming "same ol same ol", but it is still interesting to watch. The whole "drama" at the end though was a bit too much...I think there was plenty of blame to go around for both teams, and I really didn't care for either of the teams reaction to the whole thing. I can understand Margie's viewpoint as far as her son is concerned...but I just don't know that that was the time to express it.

And I totally agree that they should have allowed Victor and Tammy to get to the mat first...if it weren't for them they wouldn't have had a chance! :nono

The one thing about this season that I'm really glad they've done away with is the made up drama at the airports. No more of the edge of the seat wondering if they'll get tickets on the plane as they go to commercial when we know very well that they will. So instead of creating drama where none existed, they've done away with it completely.

FORT Fogey

I agree with the airport drama being gone, but I am dissappointed in how much the taxi drivers play a role in the show. If you get a bad one like Mel/Mike, it can throw you out of the game. There is not enough strategy or gameplay to this show. I think that they should have to answer questions or something additional to the tasks that can cause more separations. There is so much following each other and following each others taxis that it is becoming who can run the fastest. I want more ways to completely throw out a team based on their performance not the taxi cab being the slowest.

I mean raise your hand if you were not sure that the brothers would be out this time. There was like absolutely no way for them to catch up, and I knew going into this week that they would be gone.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 04-20-2009 at 10:01 AM.

I think this is why I was one of the few that liked Treasure Hunters. They actually had to use their brains in addition to just racing. The answers weren't just handed to them, they had to figure out the clues.

As far as the fight, it wouldn't have been a big deal if it hadn't been Luke/Margie involved. I see producer manipulation in that I bet the film crew/production egged each team on in the cabs

I don't have a horse in this race, it just looks like it will be an interesting finish.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

The fact that some of the race can get very predictable is true, but a little difficult to solve at times. The brothers were clearly out, but most fans hate the equalizers where a plane doesn't leave for 4 hours or they have to sleep outside of some building because the place where the next task will be held doesn't open for another six hours. Cabbies always play a role in things, and you would think that more cabbies have gps systems these days, even outside of the united states. I can't, however, remember any of the teams ever catching a cab with a system. This makes me wonder if it's illegal for the teams to allow the cabbie to use them even if they happen to catch a cab that has one. Now the cabbie is looking inept because he doesn't know where anything is, when this may be due to the fact that he usually depends on the guidance of his gps.

Perhaps we could see more of those tasks where a boat or plane leaves every 15 minutes and may only carry 1 or 2 teams, so racing to the clue box first means more than just the possibility of a blowup between two teams.

As for the others letting Victor and Tammy be first I don't agree with that one. Time and time again a team will piggyback their way into the race on the back of another team. This was no different, other than the fact that the teams were so bunched it allowed for more teams to follow than usual. It's all part of the race, and in the end it's only the mat that matters. Not exactly fair, but happens so often that I can't look at this particular instance and feel that it should have been handled differently than any other time. Frankly, I just feel sorry for them that they had to stand in the middle of that ridiculous argument on the mat. Now there should have been a special prize issued for that!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am always amazed at how people can remember names and specific incidents from past TARs, that I have long erased from my memory. I usually start erasing most of that stuff the moment the season ends.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

If the three teams had not been all bunched up at the end, there would have been no confrontation at the mat. It just so happens that all three teams were together. I really don't think that Phil knew how debated that was going to get; he just knew that there was confrontation earlier between the two teams.

Does anyone know, is there one more yield coming up; most likely next week before the finale? My daughter says there are two in a season and only one has come up so far. Is it true that Margie and Luke cannot use it since they already did? If Kisha & Jen use it on Margie & Luke, which I guarantee at this point they would, then that would be the end for M&L.

From what I saw, Jen and Kisha were the one's to elevate this. The first incident, she is the one that lacked respect of Luke's space. He was at the clue box first, she came around behind him and tried to manuever around him, she tried to move her arm over him to get to the box, which is when I saw the elbow from Luke.

But what really elevated it to me was the "bitch" comment. Completely crass and uneccessary.

The second one, I saw Luke pull back with his arms up in the air as soon as he realized he was falling in to her. And at least he didn't call her a bitch at that time hehe.

I think with all the stress from the race, your trigger finger is going to be itching.

I also don't think Margie is being overprotective. We are only seeing a tiny sliver of their life. As a mom to a special needs son, I have to be more protective, otherwise he'd never get the help that he needs. Of course, he's only 10 now hehe.. but it's definitely a hard road to tow.

Maybe some of you all aren't aware at how crappy other kids and adults can be towards kids with special needs. I see it all the time unfortunately. If people were more accepting, we wouldn't have to "coddle" our kids.

+ Reply to Thread