+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Larel;3418378;
    I SO want Tammy & Victor to win it all!!!!!!

I cannot stand the other teams left.
    ONE of the Redheads actually seems nice. It's the other one (the one constantly yelling at people for DARING to not speak English) who's evil incarnate. So this is kind of a Zach & Flo situation where half the team is worthy and the other half despicable.

As for Tammy & Victor? Victor comes off as a bit of a cretin at times. Then again, I sense a whiny tone to Tammy's voice at times. So maybe they're just being edited well because there are no other obvious "good guys" left.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3418703;
    I think Jen and Kisha were just as much of brats as Luke and Margie were. I actually didn't like them to begin with, and this hasn't changed my opinion. Jen is older than Luke and she was just as immature as he was. What's her excuse. :nono
    It's a competition on a reality television show. That kind of tension and confrontation isn't really new or out of the ordinary and this probably wouldn't have been nearly as big an issue had it been between Jen/Kisha and anyone else.

If anything, the only particularly appalling thing about it was Margie's embarrassingly stupid reaction and resultant freak out.

ETA: Jen is 24 and Luke is 22. They're practically the same age, even if the latter comes off like a petulant 14 year old and his mommy coddles him like one. It almost had me fooled until I actually looked up their ages.
    Last edited by meezy; 04-20-2009 at 06:30 AM.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Personally, I think Kisha & Jen were snickering because of Luke's immature reactions... not because he was signing. I wish when they were asked about their reaction, they had just said - "we're laughing because Luke is acting like a spoiled brat"... not just "this is how we act". Perhaps then Margie would not have gone off on her discrimination rampage.
    Throughout this race I have not seen any of the contestants treating Luke differently. If Margie would think about it, perhaps she would see that Jen was treating Luke like a fellow competitor - not as a "handicapped" person... and isn't that what Margie and Luke want?... to be treated just like anyone else?
    Oh, and Luke's reaction to the bird bite was lame - suck it up dude, and move on. He does seem to be a little bit like a spoiled little kid.

Yes, both Luke and Jen are spoiled kids...it happens a lot on this race. Not the first spoiled young adults this race has ever seen. Jen had been boiling over from the previous week with the bad cab directions fiasco, and never let it slide. She was determined to beat Luke after that. Luke is very competitive, and it's been shown previously that he's not above playing a little dirty...that's fine. It's also not the first time we saw that in the race.

I'm glad the sisters didn't address the mention of race, it was the classiest thing I've seen them do all race to let that one just slide. They may actually have not been running as much on emotion as I initially thought.

All four acted childish and needed a "time out". None were innocent. I've got my reasons to dislike all of the teams left. Not really in love with any of them. That being said, I'm mainly rooting for an exciting finish...that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by dantrb;3418459;
    They actually said in the cab they love to smile to people's face to make them mad in this kind of situations
    In fact they said it several times. They know that the smiling can irritate already aggitated people and that is exactly what they did.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Ionan;3418637;
    Hmm, I just saw the part at the first cluebox. Jen clearly pushed him, and his reaction to that was completely justified. I would have thrown my arm up like that too, and whether or not my elbow connects with the person is up to fate. Jen is really immature too, yet rarely gets called out on it to the extent that Luke does.
    I just saw the second cluebox battle, and it just seemed like Luke couldn't stop fast enough, and plowed into Jen/Kisha and put his hands up as a sign of surprise.

Actually both sisters are extremely annoying, too. I mean, it's a RACE/COMPETITION! Why were they upset/surprised that Margie&Luke told their cab driver to give them wrong directions in the last leg? They have some weird sense of entitlement. plus really big egos.
    Totally agree. I think people are reading way too much in to the scuffles around the clue box.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3418662;
    Here's where we all get to agree to disagree.

I see everything from a completely different perspective.
    • I don't think Margie spoils OR babies Luke.
    • I don't think they were upset that they were beat; they were upset with a person who tried to physically push her way in front of Luke when it was clear he was there first
    • I didn't see Luke throw a tantrum; what I saw was Jen being unjustly physical with Luke and then calling him a bitch for pushing her away and Luke defending himself
    • I don't think Luke and Margie expect or act like they deserve special treatment. What they were talking about tonight was pure and simple "manners". The girls were offensive at the boxes and they were offensive to smile the way they did when Luke signed/spoke - whether they meant it as game play or because of his disability. Either way.
    • I haven't seen anything that indicates that Margie and Luke are looking for any special favors. Not one word, not one behavior. Margie's comments were meant to indicate a desire for understanding - NOT favors.

And, at the end of the day, Luke IS deaf. I say "get over it" to everyone who has it in for him. As his mother suggested, he was probably bullied and thought of as dumb his entire life. I don't blame him OR his mom for being defensive. Not one bit.

Kudos to Margie for giving voice to the challenges of deaf people!!!

Kudos to Luke for going on the show despite his disability!!!
    Beutiful post.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3418677;
    I don't "blame" them either for reacting that way. I'm just saying they shouldn't expect it to get them anywhere in the game, or get Jen & Kisha in "trouble" somehow. Margie was looking to Phil to step in somehow and cite some penalty for perceived meanness or something. It wasn't going to happen, as what she was angry about had nothing to do with the race.

I say kudos as well, I'm glad they made the show and I don't wish them ill or anything. As long as they understand that "he's deaf" can never be used as an excuse or an advantage over any of the other teams during the competition, great. I'm sure they were handed pages of documents, and were explained ad nauseum by the producers that this would be the case.

J&K's behavior toward them was about game-related incidents; Margie overreacted in a way that had nothing to do with the game. I understand a mother's frustration, but she doesn't get a pass when she takes it out on the wrong people at the wrong time.
    Jen and Keshia got exactly what they wanted. They knew that their smile and smirk strategy can make angry people even more so. They were probably thrilled that Margie went off on them because they got what they wanted. They made Margie lose control. They planned it, they executed it. Considering that both sisters have finished college, played college athletics and have more live experience then Luke they were in my eyes the "bitchy" ones and caused the blow up at the mat to escalate to way past where it needed to go. All throughout the episode they were demonizing Margie and Luke for being dirty players, and how they were going to get back at them. Well they did. For all the crowing both girls did about Luke's "poor sportsmanship" they certainly did not show any "good sportsmanship". They are total hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3418657;
    Exactly what type of people would that be?
    It's intangible, but the attitude I get from them with respect to other people reminds me of individuals I've met throughout the course of my life who regard the disabled as "freaks". This may not actually be the case, but that's the vibe I get.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It seemed to me Luke was the aggressor in both instances. Then they played the disability card - I didnt appreciate either action.

+ Reply to Thread