+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by xDC3x;3418486;
    The thing that surprised me about Margie was that I didn't expect that tirade from her. I thought she would be more level-headed in that situation. She did start that way telling Luke not to say anything, but once she heard the laugh she went off.

I expected that she would have reacted more like "Kisha why are you laughing right now?" but instead she jumped to conclusions and started yelling.

I understand the reasoning behind her going off, I just was surprised that she did go off in the first place.
    I was surprised as well. From the preview I assumed that Kisha/Jenn actually WERE making fun of him so I was rather looking forward to them getting schooled so I was a bit surprised that it was really just Margie overreacting like a crazy person. I have sooo done that before in my life and that's EXACTLY the reason I never had any friends growing up because of my irrational paranoia.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I understand Margie 100%, but she was wrong, and I hope she has the courage to admit that she had every right to be pissed, but that she should have left race and disabilities out of it. I have a child with a disability. I know the cruelty of others, and I know the paranoia we develop as parents in trying to protect them. It's tougher than many people will ever know. I also know that she has a son with a disability that does not prevent him from doing so much in his life, and after a certain point she is doing him no favors by not making sure that he not only understands the message that "you can do anything" but she has to live it for him to learn it. No matter what she tells him, her reactions, her examples, her comfort level with his doing things is what will inspire and empower him. The best thing she could have done for him would have been to let him experience this adventure on his own. It would have been nice to see if he only acts like a child when with mommy, and reverts back to leaning on mommy, or if he would be the same running the race with a very close friend.

After the trailer last week, this was certainly a must see episode, and it did not disappoint. I thought all four teams played an aggressive game, and did not have a reason to apologize for their aggressiveness or name calling. It is part of the game, just like the yield. The behavior I did wince at was Luke pounding his fist into his hand, when speaking about what he wanted to do to Jen. Margie should have called him out on that. You can call her a $%^@%,
    but to insinuate you would hit a girl, because she called you a name is not cool.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3418457;
    I can run in my tennis shoes and the person that I am coming up to at the track I always say on your left. I have people come up behind me running and I don't hear them. I am usually concentrating on what I am doing or daydreaming. I am sure Luke was focused and did not feel the vibration. (giving him the benefit of the doubt)

I agree.

I wanted people to know that Deaf people can feel vibrations--and that stamping one's fet is a perfectly acceptable way to get a Deaf person's attention.

I also agree about the degree of focus on a task and how that changes perceptions of the world around us.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 04-19-2009 at 10:26 PM.

FORT Fogey

LOL! The "Duck" bit Luke!

(I'm just seeing it now on West Coast)

Jen was in the wrong during the first stop. She was all over him but the elbow flailing wasn't necessary. Luke was wrong the second time. I rewinded and watched that part a few times and Jen was ahead of him, he pulled in to get close and pushed her. Once she almost knocked the box over, he kicked his foot out as to kind of trip her up a bit. Afterwards, he threw his hands up like basketball players do when a foul is called.

The sisters mentioned in the can ride that lauging and smiling was what they were going to do because that would most likely piss Luke off even more. It didn't have anything to do with his being deaf so Margie was totally in the wrong for going off like that. You can tell it all boiled over when Luke/Margie realized that Jen and her sis came in first. Luke was standing there pouting about it. It was immature for all of them to keep it going so I hope it's now over and they all concentrate in winning the race again.

Not surprised the stuntmen brothers are gone. They are definitely a lesson as far as not breaking the rules of the game, as are Nancy and Emily from Season 1 for not doing a detour (Their case, had they done it - even if it took a long time, they'd probably beaten Team Guido - who had a fast forward and nearly squandered it).

The fiasco on the mat today - I don't excuse any of their behavior. It's childish on all levels, and makes Victor - who has had childish tendencies this season as well, look like he's been a mature adult all season.

That said, I can understand Luke being upset being called a bitch - deaf or not, if you're a guy, that's a double insult. It makes it sound like you're acting like a girl, and guys taking a machoism blow like that will usually get mad. I doubt if being called a bastard would've been a "better" choice, but it'd at least been a better match.

The race to the final three will be interesting - I'd like to see Tammy and Victor advance as well as Luke and Margie and it's a coin toss on the other two. Now, this is not because of this incident (or I'd say Jamie and Cara as the second qualifier), but both have not run as good a race overall as the other two teams. L&M have been fairly consistant in their races, placing high each race, and Tammy and Victor save that one incident of following the wrong hiking markers, have been overall consistent as well.

Hmm, I just saw the part at the first cluebox. Jen clearly pushed him, and his reaction to that was completely justified. I would have thrown my arm up like that too, and whether or not my elbow connects with the person is up to fate. Jen is really immature too, yet rarely gets called out on it to the extent that Luke does.
    I just saw the second cluebox battle, and it just seemed like Luke couldn't stop fast enough, and plowed into Jen/Kisha and put his hands up as a sign of surprise.

Actually both sisters are extremely annoying, too. I mean, it's a RACE/COMPETITION! Why were they upset/surprised that Margie&Luke told their cab driver to give them wrong directions in the last leg? They have some weird sense of entitlement. plus really big egos.

I think at the first box, Jen was trying to go around Luke for the clue. So I found the elbow to be completely uncalled for.

At the second box, looks to me like Luke thought it would be fun to try and go through somebody instead.

Luke is disgusting. Margie isn't much better.

If you don't want to be called a "bitch", don't throw elbows at people's heads.

Castrate them balls Jam! Shechelle's Avatar

hmmm so what did Margie mean by the "People like you" comment? it came off as race baiting.

+ Reply to Thread