View Poll Results: Did the penalty fit the crime?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they knew better.

37 48.68%
  • No, four hours was ridiculous.

25 32.89%
  • 30 minutes a piece would have been better.

14 18.42%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think the penalties for Mark and Michael were fair?

Re: Do you think the penalties for Mark and Michael were fair?

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife;3414755;
    I didn't think it was not fair at all. 30 minutes per offense would have been enough. This must be a new rule for this season because I've never seen this penalty in season's past.
    It's not a new rule. Mark/Michael were just the first ones to go against the rule. Teams in the past knew better than to barter their own goods they brought from home. They have only used items they bought from the race (ex. Dandrew using the shoes they bought in an airport in TAR13), as that is a legal move since they used the money they received on the race.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Yeah, I agree, they knew the rules, and they broke them. I think that the 4 hour penalty was completely justified, and not severe at all. Especially since they were using personal possessions. They just cannot stop breaking the rules, huh? They got what they deserved.
    Last edited by Ionan; 04-15-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

I think it was quite justified given several factors:

1. They know the rules, and it's clear that they knew this was a rule and chose to ignore it. This goes double with how pissed Phil looked at the mat.

2. This is not the first time they've broken the rules. For all we know, the penalty is normally an hour penalty but given they a. flagrantly did it twice, and b. it was the second time for them to disobey the rule (well third and fourth), it went up.

3. There were other ways they could've raised the money for the fare - sold their items and got the cash, used anything they had in there they bought with their own money (apparetly still within rules) or try to see if they'll waive it.

It just was blatant, and really - they act as though they can shirk the rules even if there are camera on them all the time.

(BTW, I hated Nancy and Emily's elimination because of that 24 hour rule - Guido's smugness at how they got the fast forward and deciding to rent a hotel room and just relax and not try to get the fastest flight out to the Pit Stop.

To the Point

I would love to know just what the rules are regarding time penalties. I hate finding out as these things are being done. I think it would be easier to take if we, the viewers, knew up front.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12