+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 4/12 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

From the previews it does look like Luke threw an elbow at the box, it seemed intentional, as it seemed he was quite aware she was there and seemed pissed about her crowding him. He was also guilty of blocking the box during that incident. It's nothing new, it happens, but the guy does not look like an innocent victim there. I honestly don't want to play the deaf card, but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he perhaps is used to being very animated or something instead of saying "get the heck off of me" because of his difficulties in communicating. He might not have realized at that instance how that movement was interpreted, but you could clearly hear her sister react verbally off camera to the elbow (if that wasn't a case of editing that is). He did, however, look quite agitated when they stepped away from the box, so he was worked up about something during that first incident. I'm wondering if she retaliated in some way for the elbow right then and there.

The second incident did seem as if she intended to block the box, perhaps in retaliation, likely angered from the first incident. He did not run into her intentionally, but on the heels of the elbow she likely believed he was being agressive. She called him a name, mommy didn't like it (of course), big daddy Phil will deal with it at the mat.

Perhaps there were other incidents between the two teams during that leg of the race that led up to the agression between them, however, both look wrong in some way. We will have to wait and see what it all truly was about.

Both girls played in Division I, one in basketball, the other volleyball. I think they both know how to take care of themselves when they are being crowded out.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

It looks to me like they are both in the wrong. We'll see when the episode airs. IMO her calling him that name seems to be a sign she looks at him as a regular competitor rather than someone with a disablility.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3412111;
    The rude behavior is all coming from Jaime though. That's the reason why I feel bad for Cara; she gets all the same hatred that her partner may deserve while she herself does nothing. I still like Cara. Jaime... not so much.
    That's the problem with Cara--she could at least speak up and try to get Jaime to cool it--or to say "She isn't speaking for me!" in hopes of embarrassing jaime to shut up . Her failure to do so puts her in the same category with her best friend, for me.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3412899;
    From the previews it does look like Luke threw an elbow at the box, it seemed intentional, as it seemed he was quite aware she was there and seemed pissed about her crowding him. He was also guilty of blocking the box during that incident. It's nothing new, it happens, but the guy does not look like an innocent victim there. I honestly don't want to play the deaf card, but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he perhaps is used to being very animated or something instead of saying "get the heck off of me" because of his difficulties in communicating. He might not have realized at that instance how that movement was interpreted, but you could clearly hear her sister react verbally off camera to the elbow (if that wasn't a case of editing that is). He did, however, look quite agitated when they stepped away from the box, so he was worked up about something during that first incident. I'm wondering if she retaliated in some way for the elbow right then and there.

The second incident did seem as if she intended to block the box, perhaps in retaliation, likely angered from the first incident. He did not run into her intentionally, but on the heels of the elbow she likely believed he was being agressive. She called him a name, mommy didn't like it (of course), big daddy Phil will deal with it at the mat.

Perhaps there were other incidents between the two teams during that leg of the race that led up to the agression between them, however, both look wrong in some way. We will have to wait and see what it all truly was about.

Just wondering--seriously--if anyone thinks Luke would have tried that elbow stuff with a guy?

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3414825;
    That's the problem with Cara--she could at least speak up and try to get Jaime to cool it--or to say "She isn't speaking for me!" in hopes of embarrassing jaime to shut up . Her failure to do so puts her in the same category with her best friend, for me.
    The thing is, Jaime strikes me as the person who is not able to handle criticism well. It's probably Cara's best interest to let her friend handle her stress by herself because if she (she, meaning Cara) gets into it, then Jaime's anger might be averted towards Cara instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3413000;
    Both girls played in Division I, one in basketball, the other volleyball. I think they both know how to take care of themselves when they are being crowded out.
    So you're saying that Jen should have just calmly forgave Luke for directly elbowing her in her face just because of her background?

Besides, Jen is the one that plays volleyball. Pro volleyball players rarely ever get crowded out if they know what they're doing. If the ball was coming towards Jen, then her teammates would know better than to push her out of the way. It's of Jen's best interest and the team's best interest to let her take care of the ball. Likewise, Jen knows that she should trust her teammates if the ball ever came towards them. The point is, pro volleyball players know when to give each other space, meaning that there is rarely any "crowding out."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I can't believe you guys!

Luke is at fault he threw an elbow at Jen. Later he pushs her, it was not like TAR 6 when they all arrived at the clue box. Jen arrives first and Luke pushes her. How in the h*ll can you justify his and his mom's behavior?

I have said it before, Luke=punk.

FORT Fanatic

Realizing that we only saw an edited version on a short preview clip. This is a race for a large cash prize. No one appears to have been hurt by anyones competitive desire to win. What is the big deal? It was a little push and shove in a game of seconds, I am shocked they dont knock each other down more often.

It is called "Amazing Race" not "Amazing Grace".

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3415145;
    The thing is, Jaime strikes me as the person who is not able to handle criticism well. It's probably Cara's best interest to let her friend handle her stress by herself because if she (she, meaning Cara) gets into it, then Jaime's anger might be averted towards Cara instead.
    That's no doubt true, but I still fault Cara for not speaking up. So, Cara speaks up, Jamie throws a fit-- is Jamie a real friend? Is Cara a doormat? And, you know, hanging around someone who is such a witch must have some attraction to Cara. If she isn't in agreement with Jamie's ugliness, then I fault her for being a wimp who makes poor choices of friends.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread