+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3396873;
    Particularly when you take into consideration that where they are, she is the foreigner. So not only is she rude, arrogant and vicious, she is stupid.

That is exactly the point. She makes it seem like the locals are the stupid ones, because they don't understand "a lick of English." Hellooo! You are in their country! I also didn't like her comment last week about feeling so badly for the animals, while failing to mention the starving children - could be editing though.

I was glad that Kisha and Jen beat out Mike and Mel (although I really liked them), I just wish that Jamie and Cara were gone first!! I think the way they are being edited they won't be around much longer.

FORT Fogey

Mel and Mike did not even yell at the store clerk when they were the only ones there. The redheads yelled at him with all the other teams there and still in it. I could see them getting frustrated when all the other teams found the clue, but they started out nasty :nono. I do not like them at all, and am sick of teams making Americans seem so awful. On a side note the more nasty of the two reminds me of Christie from Colin/Christie team.

I cried so hard when I saw Luke's face over his mother's condition. You cannot buy that kind of love, and I always love to see when people truly love someone. To me that is reality tv at its best. I am so glad she seemed ok, and I hope that it does not effect them in the future on the race.

I also do not understand the penalty for moving the pumps. In one season I remember someone calling and cancelling people's taxis, and nothing happened. I think it was for drama, and it was really dumb. The other one I get not being able to have someone lead you, but they needed to show us the clue that said it because people hop in cars all the time and show contestants where to go.

I have no problem with any of the teams other than the redheads, so anyone but them winning would be just fine. Tammy/Victor I think will come out of this race understanding each other a little better, and win/lose the money, that is a great gift that hopefully will last forever.

FORT Fogey

I too felt for Luke when his mom passed out, not only was he worried and scared for his mom, he couldn't communicate to know what exactly was happening when she was being led away. I hope they have an ASL interpreter there in addition to his mother. I kept thinking it would be really tough on him emotionally if she had to go to the hospital and he was left at the pitstop.

I don't know if I ever remember people messing with specifics to a challenge. People in past seasons have played tricks and messed up people while racing but I think the difference here may have been that the pumps were specifically mentioned as part of the challenge.

I really do hope that Margie is ok. They are my fav team this season after Mel and Mike (who I miss terribly already )

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't have a problem with what Mark and Mike did with the bicycle pumps. I laughed. When they got penalized, I laughed again! Nice try, fellas!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ducky2;3396935;
    I just wish that Jamie and Cara were gone first!! I think the way they are being edited they won't be around much longer.
    I don't know, people can be edited badly and still make it very far. Look at all the bickering couples that have made it to the F3. Not to mention that TAR has been known to have some of the most unlikable winners ever. The best example of that was Freddy/Kendra.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3396943;
    I also do not understand the penalty for moving the pumps. In one season I remember someone calling and cancelling people's taxis, and nothing happened. I think it was for drama, and it was really dumb. The other one I get not being able to have someone lead you, but they needed to show us the clue that said it because people hop in cars all the time and show contestants where to go.
    As psycobabe007 said, the pumps were a part of the detour. Mark/Michael messed with a part of the challenge, leading them to get a penalty. The example you provided with the taxis isn't the same because it wasn't tampering with a detour or a RB. In this case, the team was messing with the other teams' means of transportation, which is okay. It's sneaky, but it's legal. Remember Rob/Amber stealing Debbie/Bianca's taxi? It was devious, but they didn't break the rules.

As for the other penalty: again, it's because it was during the detour. Usually teams ask for others to help lead them to their destination when they're driving to the detour/RB/whatever. Mark/Michael asked the taxi to lead them to their destination during the detour. That's forbidden.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3396816;
    No one has commented that TAR will NOT be on next week! So we have to wait two weeks for the next show.

Looking at the previews, they showed all of the teams except for Margie and Luke. We saw all the other teams doing something, like that karaoke in the taxi cabs, etc. I hope that was just editing and not that Margie couldn't complete the race!
    IMHO it could be two things - it could be that Margie and Luke did have to drop out or because they've been prominate in the past couple or 2 out of 3 promos prior to this one and the producers wanted to use another team.

On the first one, I don't think that's the case as unless she had heat stroke, she'd be able to recover some in the 12-hour rest period and be well enough to still compete. And, if Margie and Luke were to have to drop out, would that mean Mike and Mel would return or that there'd be a fourth NEL? That would be interesting.

The second one is a little more likely, as Margie and Luke could have a basic run through the leg of the race with nothing serious happen while another team does something really big and the producers wanted to tease that to draw more audience members.

I also wanted to add that Phil as a host has become probably my favorite one of all time. When I saw the scene of when Margie fainted, he and the others helped out quickly, and he stayed there and helped Margie recover and take it easy. He could've easily just let the crew help her out, but didn't. Only other host I've ever seen take that extra step and it feel sincere was when Anderson Cooper made sure Katherine was OK in the first season of "The Mole" (though he did ask if her faint was real when they found out later on she was the mole - it was).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 03-31-2009 at 12:05 AM.

FORT Regular

This is one of those years when I really don't care who wins. The only ones I really don't like are the brother and sister. Just not crazy about their attitudes. I guess If I had to pick someone to root for, I'd pick Margie and Luke.

To the Point

I think that probably the thing with the penalty for "hiding" the pumps was that they were intentionally placed so that they would be more obvious to the racers. Putting them in the box effectively removed a clue, as such, that the network intended for them to have.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Interesting point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread