+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/29 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This was a dramatic and fun episode, with great humor ("Mai Tai .... ..... that was a pun." "I know.") tough tasks, physical exhaustion, and just penalties. I was appalled at Mark & Michael's hiding of the pumps, and when they got penalized for it, I was delighted. It's amazing that they were almost an hour ahead of everyone else - they are a strong team - but it was a weasel thing to do, and even after the penalty, they seemed unrepentant. Sigh. And I liked them!

Mel & Mike were entertaining and pleasant. I'll certainly miss them.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3396694;
    I'm lost, mostly because I didn't get to see the show (but already heard from parents who was eliminated - and am sad as I liked Mike and Mel). So, can anyone tell me 1. what the teams did for the time penalties, and 2. is Margie OK or not? (even if I presume so because otherwise they'd told Mike and Mel that while the last team to arrive, Margie and Luke had to drop out due to a medical issue a la Survivor).
    1. They hid the air pumps on the detour to slow down the other teams and they paid their cab driver to show them where the detour ended.

2. From what they showed. Margie is okay. She refused an ambulance.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3396600;
    She probably just got majorly dehydrated and overheated. I hope Team Schneebly makes it!!!! Or at least it's a NEL!!!!!!

I live in a very hot and dry environment and her symptoms were very recognizable.

What irked me was how long it seemed to take them to get her some water and into the shade.

When you get heat fatigue (which can lead to heat stroke and then death) you need to get hydrated quickly and get cooled down too.

I had that happen to me once and you sort of lose it mentally. So you can't wait for the person to start asking for what they need--you have to give it to them because they are not able to think clearly at all.

It is a very odd feeling.

I'm glad they finally figured out what she needed.

Once you get the water and the cooler environment it takes about 30 minutes to an hour to get completely cooled down and to recover good mental functioning.

Last edited by steppemaster; 03-29-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm glad Margie was okay. I wondered when they finally got in situations like this how the communication would go, but they seem to be doing just fine. This leg really took it's toll but hopefully Margie recovers and won't have any issues. Margie said they needed water, so maybe Phil had already told them they were still in it, but it seemed like it took awhile to help them.

I still like the brothers, but I lost respect for them when they tried sabatoging the other teams. Asking for help during the detour I can let slide, but don't try and screw other teams over like that. They had to have known they were going to get a penalty and with so few teams left why risk it? Why do it even with all 11 teams there? They did really well this leg, so too bad they had to be slimy boneheads. Although doesn't one of the brothers live in Oahu where Tammy/Victor won their trip? I'm tired of seeing those 2 dominate the race. Of all the teams left they're my least favorite.

I didn't care for Mel/Mike so between them and Jen/Kisha I'm glad they got eliminated. It seemed like a really dramatic race for the finish and then they go anti suspense and just show Jen/Kisha at the PS.

No one has commented that TAR will NOT be on next week! So we have to wait two weeks for the next show.

Looking at the previews, they showed all of the teams except for Margie and Luke. We saw all the other teams doing something, like that karaoke in the taxi cabs, etc. I hope that was just editing and not that Margie couldn't complete the race!

^I am so looking forward to that karaoke task in the next episode! It looks hilarious. But yeah, it kind of saddens me that I have to wait two weeks for it to come.

I was relieved when Kisha/Jen barely escaped elimination. There were other teams I would have liked to have gone before Mel/Mike, but they weren't my favorites, whereas Kisha/Jen are. It would have been painful to lose Christie/Jodi and then Kisha/Jen one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;3396731;
    I was appalled at Mark & Michael's hiding of the pumps, and when they got penalized for it, I was delighted. It's amazing that they were almost an hour ahead of everyone else
    Same here. I'm usually the one who is okay with teams playing strategically, but this time I was pretty disgusted with their action. It ended up biting them in the butt, pushing them down from 1st to 3rd, and I, too, was happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3396701;
    I like Cara and Jaime but the one girl (I think it's Jaime) is perpetuating the ugly American stereotype. She strikes me as nice enough to learn from this later down the road, but watching it is frustrating, embarrasing, and maddening.
    That's a perfect way to describe her, Jexter. Jaime seems to get way too stressed out with the race's environment. She really rubs me the wrong way every time she gets increasingly frustrated with the foreigners' inability to understand english. Does she really expect every person in the entire world to understand english when it isn't the official langauge in every country?

I still like them somewhat. They were the ones I liked the most pre-show, and my pre-show opinions tend to stay put. And also, Cara isn't so bad. But Jaime really does aggravate me sometimes.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

During TAR10 when the race visited the Ukraine one challenge option was putting together a rap song that was about the race thus far and performing it in front of a crowd and getting judged. Hopefully the karoke task is just as fun.

I was relieved when Kisha/Jen barely escaped elimination. There were other teams I would have liked to have gone before Mel/Mike, but they weren't my favorites, whereas Kisha/Jen are. It would have been painful to lose Christie/Jodi and then Kisha/Jen one after the other.
    Agreed. I didn't dislike Mel/Mike but I like Kisha/Jen more. I really wish they'd eliminated penalities for teams who come in last on NEL, because I'm still bummed over losing Christie/Jodi

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3396816;
    No one has commented that TAR will NOT be on next week! So we have to wait two weeks for the next show.

Looking at the previews, they showed all of the teams except for Margie and Luke. We saw all the other teams doing something, like that karaoke in the taxi cabs, etc. I hope that was just editing and not that Margie couldn't complete the race!
    Man, that would bum me out SOOOO bad!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3396843;

Same here. I'm usually the one who is okay with teams playing strategically, but this time I was pretty disgusted with their action. It ended up biting them in the butt, pushing them down from 1st to 3rd, and I, too, was happy.
    Am I the only one who thought this penalty was stupid? It's not like they hid the pumps...they just dumped them all in the same box. If it had been specifically mentioned on the clue that they couldn't mess with them...then okay. But misderection and tricking other teams has been okay in the past, I'm just not sure why this was all of a sudden a penalty. The other one-it must have been mentioned in the clue since Tammy and Victor brought it up, but with only one penalty, Mark and Mike would have still come in first. They're far from my favorite team-too many dumb mistakes-but really...

I wish Jamie and Cara had been eliminated, simply for perpetuating the 'dumb American' stereotype. I pretty much like the rest of the teams. I also find it interesting that so many of the teams seem to be in it for the experience this season. It's definitely a refreshing change, and probably why so many teams are likable this season.

Glad Margie seemed okay-as for those who thought it took time to get her help-often the effects of head exhaustion come on suddenly. If there's not water/shade/a chair RIGHT THERE...it takes a few minutes to get it all together. I thought the TAR crew responded really well-using light screens for shade, etc. I've suffered from heat exhaustion before and they were WAY faster at getting her help than my own family was, so bravo, TAR crew.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3396843;
    Jaime seems to get way too stressed out with the race's environment. She really rubs me the wrong way every time she gets increasingly frustrated with the foreigners' inability to understand english. Does she really expect every person in the entire world to understand english when it isn't the official langauge in every country?
    Particularly when you take into consideration that where they are, she is the foreigner. So not only is she rude, arrogant and vicious, she is stupid.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread