+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBS.com's TAR Webisodes

CBS.com's TAR Webisodes

If anyone's interested, here's a thread to talk about the two shows CBS.com has about TAR: Phil's Diary and Elimination Station.

Phil's Diary features the host Phil Keoghan as he brings a camera with him as he travels around the world with the show. It's a nice way to view all the locations TAR visits without the competitive edge and just appreciate them for what their beauty and all the other things they have to offer. Plus if you're a big Phil fan, then I'd recommend watching this.

Elimination Station answers the question, "What do the phil'iminated teams do after their elimination?" During the beginning episodes, the online show focuses on the newly-eliminated teams as they try to adjust to the new villa's environment (this time located in Thailand) without the race. During the later episodes, the eliminated team simply calls the villa and informs everyone what happened in the latest leg (only 5 teams arrive at the villa as the others who were eliminated become decoys, meaning they travel to wherever the still-competing teams go to to try to prevent spoilers). Elimination Station also features the former racers as they travel around their location to what it has to offer. Not to mention that there are few dramafests here and there to keep things interesting.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Elimination Station

Anyone watching the elimination station vids on the main site? There is more drama than in the race...yeesh.

Premium Member

Re: Elimination Station

I have been watching them, Steve and Linda are isolating themselves. Jennifer and Preston are still pains. Kris and Amanda just found about Margie and Luke U turning them. Its like a soap opera.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Elimination Station

Steve/Linda really need to let it go I think they were trying to model themselves after David/Mary but they didn't have the Cho bros to carry them around. So what if no one wanted to team up with them? Jennifer/Preston wound up getting eliminated first anyway, and Steve/Linda proved to be dead weight. I have to side with Preston/Jennifer on that.

Hopefully Amanda/Kris don't dwell on Margie/Luke U-turning them. It's a race and if given the opportunity to save their own skin they would have done it (but it still sucks to go out that way, especially since in the end Margie/Luke didn't need to do it).

Re: CBS.com's TAR Webisodes

Certainly nothing of what I've seen at the Elimination Station thus far makes me wish any of those teams were still in the Race. Kris and Amanda are coming across as silly-but-nice, Steve and Linda have massive persecution complexes, Preston and Jennifer are way into themselves. The other two teams really haven't done much, good or bad, to make an impression.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

Anyone know where they are going this week? I missed the last episode and am anxious to catch up so it is hard to wait until Sunday night!!!!!!

For the first time since Elimination Station has started, the 6th team to be eliminated came to the villa instead of calling in. It must me because Mel/Mike were in Thailand already.

These webisodes are so drama-infested! I love it. I wish they were edited into whole half-hour episodes instead of just short 5-min clips.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Premium Member

Does anyone else think Preston and Jennifer will break up, geez what a dysfunctional couple. Love Mel and Mike too bad they were eliminated I would rather Tammy and Victor be gone since they are about the only team I dislike (well Victor anyways ). And Mark and Michael yikes they are turning into jerks.

CBS really needs to move Elimination Station from online to television. They probably have a timeslot in daytime that they can spare. Because seriously, these little webisodes are addictive. Preston & Jennifer and Linda & Steve are great entertainment. They're a bit whiny, but I can deal. Although I'm still enjoying this season, it's unfortunate that they were the first two teams eliminated.

But one thing I'm disappointed in: the severe lack of Christie & Jodi. Other than that, I always look forward to each new webisode.

Premium Member

Just watched the latest Elimination Station episode, how cool it must have been to ride the elephants. And now the elimnated team doesn't go to the station but they call in and tell the others what is happening. I was not really surprised that everyone hates Jaime and Cara (esp Jaime) and don't want them to win even M&M. Preston and Jen love Kisha and Jen and say they are the most like them, roroh that scares me if Kisha and Jen are like Jen and Preston that means I don't want them to win.

+ Reply to Thread