+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

^Well they did say that they are stuntmen for child actors, so maybe that'll give you an idea of how short they are, dberk.

I have to disagree with everyone that say that the NEL should have been on the last leg since, well, Christie/Jodi are my current favorites, and I really don't want to see them go so soon. But not only that, but also Amanda/Kris weren't that great of a team. I liked them somewhat, and they were a very nice couple a la TAR6's Kris/Jon (who I loved). And I enjoyed Amanda's little "blonde" comments such as, "It's the first time I've ever gotten to done a task!" But other than that, they weren't TV personalities in the slighest. Nice, yes, but fun to watch? Not really.

But I do agree with everyone that support Tammy/Victor's "betrayal" (I mean, if you want to call it that). I've commented it about before, but yeah, they were never in an alliance. They were simply in an implied "agreeance" that they would all go to same task. Besides, I believe Cara/Jaime or Margie/Luke would have ditched Tammy/Victor if they had gotten the opportunity.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Re: Mark & Michael's height - According to their bio (you can read it on their thread) - they are both 4 foot 9 inches tall.
    Re: Luke getting so upset about Victor/Tammy leaving without them... It's a RACE! Also, after Luke used the U-Turn last week, I would definitely want to stay ahead of them.

It's all for DRAMA: the U Turn, whether blind or seeing, the NEL and its consequences. Without those audience speed bumps, the only drama we would experience would be their frustration at being in the back, and their sneakiness at trying to find an angle to be in front. Victor was not in a sealed alliance, but in an agreement to travel with them. When he saw what he thought was a chance to get ahead, he broke that agreement. Did he (DRAMA) make other racers angry? Yes. Did he destroy an alliance and forever make himself an outcast in doing so? No.

Luke has an expressive face. He will find the cameras there during any incident that brings out his frustration. Next week his face will be an open book, and we will see India through Luke's eyes.

What I'm saying in a very round about way is, while it is a race, it is an EDITED race with story lines.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by SoIndianaViewer;3384697;
    Great thighs, Phil.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Like my new avatar????

I am another one who is so delighted that she wasn't in TAR Siberian semi naked run. They would have thought a Biggest Loser contestant got on the wrong flight to the Ranch....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Thank you smartguy for pulling the words right out of my mouth! Last week, I didn't mind Margie/Luke using the U-Turn. I'm not the biggest fan of it, but it's there for a reason, and sometimes you just have to play a cutthroat game.

So yeah, it was pretty hypocritical for them to complain about Tammy/Victor driving off in their own direction. It's understandable for them to get PO'd when someone puts them in worrisome situation, but the fact is that they played a similar game last week. And it's a race!
    Luke and Margie weren't working with the team they U-turned. They also had no idea that team would competely screw up the log stacking task. It would have been much closer between them, Luke and Margie, and the Redheads if they hadn't had to go and complete the other option before they went back to stacking. They are just as responsible for their loss as Luke and Margie. If they hadn't screwed up, they'd have still been in it, I think.

On the other hand, Victor runs up to Luke and Margie and offers to work with them, then turns around and takes off the next. I guess I'd be a bit annoyed too.

I see them as two totally different kind of situations.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

All nuances and rationalizations aside, I believe Luke and Margie proved themselves to be hypocrites. I personally am a bit tired with Luke's apparent whinnyness. (I say apparent because I'm not sure what is real and what is editing)

I loved that Phil had the sense of humor and the confidence to "flash" the audience in his skivvies, lol. You could see him laughing. I don't think Jeff Probst would do it!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3384796;
    But I do agree with everyone that support Tammy/Victor's "betrayal" (I mean, if you want to call it that). I've commented it about before, but yeah, they were never in an alliance. They were simply in an implied "agreeance" that they would all go to same task. Besides, I believe Cara/Jaime or Margie/Luke would have ditched Tammy/Victor if they had gotten the opportunity.
    I'd agree if they hadn't asked to work together with them first. Doing that and then ditching them was in poor taste. Now, Jaime & Cara and Margie & Luke have every incentive to do that to them first chance they get.

+ Reply to Thread