+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3384071;
    That was celsius. The Race showed us the temp on the screen, and it was 25/27 F.
    I missed that, thanks. Minus 4 degrees C here is warm enough for my husband to leave his jacket in the car, so I figure it's more than nice enough to go for a run.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3384089;
    I missed that, thanks. Minus 4 degrees C here is warm enough for my husband to leave his jacket in the car, so I figure it's more than nice enough to go for a run.
    In underwear????? Holy crap... I wouldn't be getting in my underwear for anything less than... 65.

If then. No one look!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3384095;
    In underwear????? Holy crap... I wouldn't be getting in my underwear for anything less than... 65.

If then. No one look!
    I personally wouldn't wear a bathing suit as small as those racers' undies on a beach in Florida - in August - so there's no chance I'd go for a run in my skivvies. But oh yeah, as soon as the snow starts melting here, you'll see people in shorts. When you have winter for 8 months of the year, any weather that you don't have to plug in your car for and scrape the windows is warm enough to dress down.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3384065;
    What, no picture of Phil in his boxer briefs yet?

Does Russia use Fahrenheit or Celsius? I noticed the temperature they were showing on a nearby building was -4 degrees. Now, if that's Celsius, they're wusses for all that whining about the cold...if it was Fahrenheit, I'm amazed they didn't all get frostbite.
    Yeah, I was calling them wusses, too. Especially considering that running would be warming them up, too. It depends if it was windy, though, as the wind could have made it feel much colder.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Give 'em a break--most of these people live where it very rarely gets below freezing--I am pretty sure Luke and Margie are the only ones who ever see snow at home. So, I'm sure this task was hell for them!
    Where I live, it does get below freezing sometimes, but I only wear long sleeves or a light jacket if it's below 55, but 25 degrees is COLD, to us--enough for me to put on a couple of layers, and gloves and a hat if I've got to be out in it for a while. If I had to be outside in my underwear at that temperature, I'd be freezing--nevermind lonely as all the locals ran for the hills .
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

The stuntmen have absolutely no sense of direction. I luv'd the look Phil gave when he signaled them and they went right by him at the pit stop. Glad this is no elimination this week. Honestly have there ever been so many bad racers on in a season. The blondes, the stuntmen and Keshia and Jen are all bad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by teetoo;3384037;
    Luke is definitely a whiner. Complaining about Victor and Tammy breaking an "alliance" that was spur of the moment. Yet he was bragging about Blind U-Turning Amanda and Kris.

I don't see what was wrong with what Victor and Tammy did. Alliances general do not work on the race. If you're a fast(er) group and in an alliance with a slow group, all that does is slow you down (see Cho brothers). It's a race people.
    I didn't get that either. I thought Victor had just indicated that they were going to do the same task as the others - NOT allign with them. In the Luke/Margie and Jaime/Cara alliance, is one of these teams the leader or do they just share information with both teams being on an equal footing?

What did Tammy mean about living up to Asian sterotypes?

The only tip I'd give the smoking Russian cab driver would be to kick the habit.

I really thought the blonds were improving, but this was another terrible leg for them. I'm not sure I want them to make it through another one. On the other hand Lakisha/Jen are also horrible racers and painful to watch so either of them can go next week with my blessing.

Margie's comments about her doing the underwear race were very funny. Too bad about the tong - that will teach you to deliberately wear underpants that ride up. I hope the redhead's desire for catcalls and wolf whistles was a joke. Luke's whininess continues to annoy. Something about Mike continues to creep me out. Do we know how tall Michael/Mark are?

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3384089;
    Yep. Minus 4 is Crocs weather for me. Actually, Luke was glistening with sweat when they were standing in front of Phil, so it did look like a nice day for a semi-naked run.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3384065;
    What, no picture of Phil in his boxer briefs yet?

Does Russia use Fahrenheit or Celsius? I noticed the temperature they were showing on a nearby building was -4 degrees. Now, if that's Celsius, they're wusses for all that whining about the cold...if it was Fahrenheit, I'm amazed they didn't all get frostbite.
    There are some posted on Vh1's best week-ever website.
    Best Week Ever » Blog Archive » The Amazing Race’s Phil… As You’ve Always Wanted To See Him Before

Premium Member

Alrighty Phil in his skivvies is my new avatar.
    Last edited by paridy; 03-17-2009 at 12:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread