+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I just went back and double-checked, and I didn't have the preview for next week and India.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3383578;
    The redhead runner WANTED somebody to hoot and holler for motivation lol.

Black girls pretty far behind - contrast to their "stay with the pack" talk in the beginning.

I wish I had a laptop to post while the show was on... I just run like mad on the commercials to update!
    The other cheerleader should have done the underwear run...she has way better "assets" to appreciate!

India!

Siberia may be cold, the language may be different, some customs may be unusual for contestants, but India is where Americans finally cross the cultural barrier in a big way.

I love India. I've been there, I love the culture, the people, the food. The India legs of TAR are always highlights for me, and I look forward to them every season.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

This was a fun leg. Mike had a couple of great one liners and Phil dressed down to his skivvies. The Russian Brides were beautiful and under dressed, while their soldier husbands were wrapped warmly in their coats. Real, not staged, drunks hit on Christie/Jodi, while Victor continued to be overly aggressive. Luke has come into his own as a strong personality and Kisha/Jen seem to be playing better with each other. Mark/Michael seem to be getting a little too over confident (maybe I ddn't like the way they dissed the Bride task.)

I'm glad it was a NEL. All the teams seem fairly evenly matched, which is part of the fun this year. I hate the India leg...that is if they have to travel on the train. Last time we saw more of the culture and that made it more interesting, and Phil emphasized the culture aspect again this time...so maybe I won't cringe. Can you imagine the BODY shock when, after boarding in freezing Siberia, they de-plane in sweltering India? That, in itself, is what will make this race stand out.

GO Skivvy Phil!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3383764;
    Damn! The NEL should have come last week! The wrong team is still in the game.
    I totally agree!!

FORT Regular

Luke is definitely a whiner. Complaining about Victor and Tammy breaking an "alliance" that was spur of the moment. Yet he was bragging about Blind U-Turning Amanda and Kris.

I don't see what was wrong with what Victor and Tammy did. Alliances general do not work on the race. If you're a fast(er) group and in an alliance with a slow group, all that does is slow you down (see Cho brothers). It's a race people.

CCL

Yeah, it's not like Tammy and Victor shoved Luke & Margie to the side and ran off cackling as the two struggled to get up. They decided to stay with Luke and Margie & the redheads when it worked for them, and when it didn't, they went their own way. Fair enough.

I'm with others in that I wish the NEL had been last week instead of this week.

I find the redheads annoying.

Next week: India & the obligatory "let's get emotional at seeing the poor people" comments. Hmm.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

What, no picture of Phil in his boxer briefs yet?

Does Russia use Fahrenheit or Celsius? I noticed the temperature they were showing on a nearby building was -4 degrees. Now, if that's Celsius, they're wusses for all that whining about the cold...if it was Fahrenheit, I'm amazed they didn't all get frostbite.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

That was celsius. The Race showed us the temp on the screen, and it was 25/27 F.

I was so happy that Jen and Kesiha made it. I like them but the older sister's kept messing them up with her poor driving directions. I also like the the flight attendants they have strong determination. Great show last night. Just goes to show you, you should always have on good underwear LOL!!

+ Reply to Thread