+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3376426;
    Holy crap.... in what world are 52 and 47 considered "elderly"?????????

Not in my own little world, that's for sure.....but maybe in a teen or a 20 year old's world?

I was really sorry to see them go too.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3377952;
    I was waiting for someone to say "Russian author? Wasn't he on Star Trek?"
    With my avatar, I figured if I said anything like that, everyone would just assume I was an idiot...

Not necessarily an inaccurate assumption, but...
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3378083;
    Okay, I just have to say this and I know in doing so that many of you will not understand and/or agree, however...So many have mentioned Luke's whining and judged him for said whining. Luke is DEAF as so many of you have also pointed out, but it's been done as if we all know it and he should just stop whining. He's not necessarily whining. I only added the necessarily because were he a hearing individual we might find that he truly is whining at times. It is not unusual for those who are truly deaf to sound whiny in all of their vocal expression of feeling. Were Luke able to express himself in the ways that those of us in the hearing world are acustomed then you might find that he is just expressing frustration the same as any other contestant. This is just a subject that does bother me because I grew up with a friend who is deaf. You do get more used to this vocalization as you spend time socializing in real world situations with the deaf. Let me just say it can be quite an experience to spend anytime around a large group of deaf folks. When they get together, having fun or just communicating, it's almost as if they forget they are vocalizing.
    Thanks for posting this. I agree that the sounds he makes could be misunderstood.

I wonder how the teams with no clue of who the Russian playwright was even guessed Chekhov. Pretty good episode. Wow 3 All-Girl Teams! Hopefully an all-girl team finally wins TAR (excludes TARA)

Quote Originally Posted by teddyray110;3379237;
    I wonder how the teams with no clue of who the Russian playwright was even guessed Chekhov. Pretty good episode. Wow 3 All-Girl Teams! Hopefully an all-girl team finally wins TAR (excludes TARA)
    I would have figured it out just because I'm really good at word games and unscrambling letters. Really, that combination of letters wouldn't be that hard to figure it out. I can see why Luke might have some issues because he may not realize about the letter combinations that are common in Russian. Also, I think the issue was more that he didn't understand what he was supposed to do.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Why would Luke not know what to do any more than the other teams? The directions were in writing. Several of the racers had trouble with this one. Luke finally figured out to write down all the combinations of the letters to get it, which is exactly what I do with this type of word game. I do think Karma is going to come back and bite them.
    There's no place like home!

Thanks to the poster (s) who have said that people are being overly harsh in judging Luke. I agree and don't feel it's fair at all.
    I am, however, very disappointed in the team's decision to throw the other team under the bus. I realize it's part of the game, but I do feel it should be reserved only for those times that are really requiring it. I think it was unnecessary and will cost Luke / Margie later on in the game.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

This is the first season I can remember where so many different teams have come in first in the various legs of the race. Has this ever happened before? It seems like we have had 4 legs and 4 different winners...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yes! Isn't it wonderful?! So many people getting to share in the cool rewards!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3376426;
    Holy crap.... in what world are 52 and 47 considered "elderly"?????????
    Now that I know, I demand my Senior discount.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread