+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Did anyone else realize from about 5 minutes into the show who was going home? When Kris and Amanda were talking to the camera and saying how well they were getting along (or something like that) and that they were going to win, I was like...well they must be going home tonight! And sure enough... Anyone else catch that?

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;3375359;
    Did anyone else realize from about 5 minutes into the show who was going home? When Kris and Amanda were talking to the camera and saying how well they were getting along (or something like that) and that they were going to win, I was like...well they must be going home tonight! And sure enough... Anyone else catch that?
    I caught that. And immediately I got a sinking feeling. I was hoping I was wrong. But damn. I hate having my favorites ousted so early.

Of all the seasons having a U-Turn/Yield etc. on a non-elimination leg and/or a leg that's designed to allow the U-Turned team to catch up, why is my favorite team unfortunate enough not to get either of those scenarios?

Ugh. I guess I'll be rooting for Jaime and Cara now. That Lufthansa fake was the funniest thing I've seen on this race since...well, since the cheese.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurriKaty;3375088;
    Blind U-Turn? Sounds awesome.

I want an all girl team to win this year but I don't know if any of them can do it, so I'm rooting for Mel and Mike even if this isn't Celebrity Amazing Race.

Though I'd kill for a Celebrity Amazing Race, that would be hilarious.
    I've said the same thing about "Survivor", but I don't think it would be hilarious. Very interesting, though!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sad to see Kris and Amanda go; I like the couples who are kind to each other, there's so little of that on TV these days.

I'm not shocked about all the people who don't know Chekhov, but I am stunned by all the people who don't know Lenin. There's just some things you need to know, and Lenin (along with Marx, Stalin, and a few others in Russian history) is one of them. Three cheers for TAR, keeping people studying Wikipedia for info on the world and history!

I would have liked to have seen if Mel had known Chekhov, I was betting he would. As it was, we know he got it, but not how many tries it took. That bobsled ride looked FUN! Stacking wood? Not so much. The stews wind up in FIRST PLACE? Who'da thunk it?
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

I was so sad to see Kris and Amanda eliminated, I was hoping for a NEL. They were a cute couple and didn't bicker, which is my personal pet peeve about couples on the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3375229;
    I've never read or seen anything by Chekhov myself, but to my mind, Tolsoy, Dostoevsky and Chekhov are the three most well known Russian writers (I guess you could add Solzhenitsyn and make it four most well-known).
    Don't forget Nabakov! Maybe the most well known of the bunch since being immortalized in a Police song.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3375185;
    Playwright of Uncle Vanya, The Cherry Orchard, The Three Sisters, The Seagull.
    I think I read The Cherry Orchard in high school. Although I don't remember it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3375209;
    In Russian though, providing you know at least a tiny bit, it's VERY common (almost the default its so common) at the end of a name, preceded by an "O", and sometimes followed by an "a".
    Yes, if a name ends in -ov, that's a male, and a female with that name would end in -ova. I know that from being a figure skating fan.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love it!! I've learned something new!! Thanks, Sk8!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

After writing an essay about the USSR five-year plans when in elementary school, and acting in a Chekhov short play - The Marriage Proposal - I, too am surprised when people don't have the same recognition of people and names. Maybe it is that they didn't live through the cold war, when knowing your enemy was both dangerous and important.

I was surprised by the Kris/Amanda elimination. I wonder if they had to start from scratch with the wood pile, or if they got to correct the one they had almost completed? This year, once again, we are seeing rural locals rather than just the city folk on sidewalks. Maybe they had finished their wood piles and were encouraged by a warm fire and sipping a tad of vodka to hang around. Anyway, these were exotic creatures invading their space. Who wouldn't want to hang around and check them out? The guys really enjoyed the pretty girls - LOL

His mom didn't help Luke with the letter puzzle, she just told him to keep trying...I think. Anyway, I was annoyed that the camera made the most of every concerned expression she could make. I do think they repeated a few, as well as few of Luke showing his frustration. Drama.

It looked as though the blondes beat the sisters because the sisters had trouble finding the correct entrance. I'm so jaded from watching the Bachelor that all the heart pounding delays, mixups, etc. seem like edited contrived drama.

So - Luke outs himself as the evil U=Turner. That is interesting. It looked like they were on a train to somewhere...possibly still in Siberia? I'm just as glad I forgot about the "picks" before now, because I would have opened in the basement and stayed in the basement.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread