+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Victor - this is a TEAM race that you are on... wake up and listen to your sister! (I have a brother like this...)

FORT Fan

thought that was another mistake on their part, but they found it. That confused me, too. I thought they got their first key hanging on a stake, then another lock spit out another key, and so on

It was another mistake but not necessarily their fault. The way you described it is how it's supposed to work. They looked over the locks and discovered one was missing a key and realized that it must have fallen off when they were dragging it down the hill. That's why they knew for the most part where to look for it, since they had left a trail down the hill with the coffin. I'm not sure how the key fell off but none of the other teams had that happen to theirs. Probably just a freaky thing. Despite the mishap with the long trek up the mountain this was actually a good piece of deduction. They researched the locks/keys, saw one was missing, and figured out where to look for it and for the most part didn't really panic, just set about finding it.

Good observation. DH and I both misunderstood and thought they were being overly analytical, looking for a nonexistent key. I'm impressed that they found it.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3359172;
    Yeah, wasn't the time advantage that they were going to have only something like a half hour? If the other flight was non-stop, that's definitely not worth it choose the one with the layover, no matter how much time you're supposed to have for it.
    The Amsterdam flight was scheduled to land twenty-five minutes earlier. Definitely not worth the risk.

I was surprised that Victor and Tammy searched for their key rather than just getting another coffin and starting over. Were they not allowed to get another coffin? I was liking Victor and Tammy but last night's show turned me off of them. If I was Tammy I would have just stomped off back down and Victor would have been forced to follow me (as the teams must stick together).

Interesting how they didn't show most of the teams performing the cartwheel. I'd bet that most of them were half-cartwheels at best. The judges seemed to be pretty lax in their standards (and, really, who would expect the contestants to be experts at gymnastics? I would have fallen off the balance beam a dozen times).

So far my favourite team is probably the blonde and her boyfriend. I want to call them Kris and Jon but that's not it (Kris & Jon - now that was a good team!).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Ah, Kris and Jon. I miss you, Kris and Jon!

But I'll accept Kris and Amanda as substitutes.

Mrs. CrimsonLine and I were impressed at how well Amanda did in the gymnastics task. No one would have confused her for a gymnast, but she didn't embarrass herself, which is something. Tammy DID embarrass herself, unfortunately, but that's one of the goals the producers had in mind for that task, right?

Who did the best on the gymnastics? I think from the little bits that we saw, probably the stuntman guy. No?
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

B/V were just greedy by trying to get an advantage on other teams by not taking the 9:30 flight with the group.

Why would you need to do this at leg 3 of the race? What are you trying to prove? B/V were so proud of the task skills yet didn't relie on them instead they tried to be sneaky. Good riddence to B/V.

Victor=Jack@ss.
    No TAR task takes that long to get to!

I am amazed after 13 TAR racers still do not pay attention to past episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;3359342;

Who did the best on the gymnastics? I think from the little bits that we saw, probably the stuntman guy. No?
    I thought Victoria looked as if she might have actually done some gymnastics or cheerleading years ago as well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by umass;3360105;
    B/V were just greedy by trying to get an advantage on other teams by not taking the 9:30 flight with the group.

Why would you need to do this at leg 3 of the race? What are you trying to prove? B/V were so proud of the task skills yet didn't relie on them instead they tried to be sneaky. Good riddence to B/V.
    I don't think they were greedy or sneaky. They were just playing the game. But they made a very bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3358606;
    I thought that was another mistake on their part, but they found it. That confused me, too. I thought they got their first key hanging on a stake, then another lock spit out another key, and so on
    That's how the challenge was supposed to work, yes. From what I could tell, when they dragged their coffin down the hill, one of the keys BROKE OFF of the coffin and so when they opened one of the locks there was no key there for them to use on the next. That was the key they were searching for.

I'm not entirely sure why they didn't go get another coffin, but maybe it really only took a few minutes to retrace their steps and find the key.

Regarding the key search...Victor is a linear thinker, apparently...complete one task before starting another - continue to follow the wrong arrows because the end must be near; search for the key for the chosen casket. I don't know if he can think outside the box, so to speak. This may cause even more delay along the way.

I'm sort of floating along with this season, enjoying the scenery and getting to know the contestants, gradually. No favorites, so far, but I am glad Mel and Mike finished strong this week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011