+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

So:

A great leg for the stewardesses, compared to how they'd been doing, for Mel & Mike, for the sisters, and aside from the fanny pack incident, for Kris and Amanda.
    A middling leg for the stuntmen, Luke and his mom, and the cheerleaders.
    An awful leg for Tammy & Victor. I have to say, though, that I understand Victor's reluctance to turn back, even though we know Tammy was right. They are not quitters, that's for sure - just look at how they persisted in looking for that key during the coffin task. MANY teams would have given up there, sat on the ground crying, or whatnot. But they kept on looking for the key until they found it. Good on ya, lawyers!

And bad travel luck for the older couple who otherwise rocked. At least, so far as we saw. I'd have wanted to hear if they knew how tight their layover would have been in Amsterdam, because their decision to take that flight might have been a flawed one, even without hindsight. But I'm sad to see them go. And even sadder to know that they have to now suffer through the Elimination Station with the Bickersons and the weepy hillbillies.

All in all, a classic episode of ... the Amazing Race.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

FORT Regular

Was it just me or did Brad & Victoria look *very* creepy after they'd completed the Vampire detour? I didn't notice any of the other teams with that much "blood" on them...I seriously was thinking someone had gotten butchered by the two of them! :p

No one else got that as 'blood' on them as Brad for sure, I think he must have been standing kind of bent over the stake or....something.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3357996;
    The markers are ALWAYS red and yellow. I wonder why he doesn't see that.
    Not always, there has been one exception. I forgot which race it was, but there was a race they had to actually change the route markers because the country's flag had the same colors. I think they changed from gold and red to green and yellow or another set of colors. They did it so the teams wouldn't get confused and follow the country's flags by mistake.

That said - in that case, the teams were notified that the flags were changed for that reason, and here that did not happen. I was actually quite surprised when Victor said that the hiking markers were the right ones to follow. They were very lucky that another team had bad luck so they could stay in the race (even if I too liked the other team better).

As far as the rest of the leg, a pretty interesting one. Loved the gymnastics one because it was an unusual task to complete, and the detour was interesting, if hard work. Siberia I've heard is very cold even in its warmer seasons, so I do feel sorry for the teams and hope they packed something warm.

It was sad to see the older couple go, but they made a bad decision cutting it so close for the transfer flight. 'Lesson learned too late.

Will Victor listen more to Tammy now? Will she bring up the hike to nowhere, if he doesn't? Will her performance in the gymnastics challenge remain a taboo subject between them forever? Am I the only one who was bothered that Phil tried to fake them out at the pitstop? Will some kind FORTer take pity on me and explain why they had to hunt for their coffin key in the grass?

This ep held several surprises for me. One, I was amazed at the gymnastic abilities of the team member who did that task and their confidence that they COULD do it. I haven't been able to do a cartwheel, since my teens and it wasn't great even then. Two, Tammy acted as thought she had never done one EVER. Three, Victor is more stubborn than my two brothers put together, but even though they would treat me like a simpleton, they would at least consider my ideas. Four, I was actually shocked that gypsies would be somehow associated with junk. I guess romance novels are not the best place to research them. Five, I don't remember a plane ever needing to return for mechanical problems. At least they didn't have to ditch into a nearby river.

I'm surprised that Luke is not used to the frustration of not being able to easily communicate with others. I take that to mean that he doesn't read lips and relies on sign language.

I would have picked the coffin task, because it was so much more interesting and just as much hard work. Also I would have avoided the whole disillusion issue with the gypsies.

I find Mel and Mike to be the least interesting of the remaining teams. Even though I (sad to say) own School of Rock (a gift), I'm not impressed by either his credentials or his personality. However, on a positive note, I'm impressed by Mel's bragging up his son such as it is.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3358590;
    Will some kind FORTer take pity on me and explain why they had to hunt for their coffin key in the grass?

I find Mel and Mike to be the least interesting of the remaining teams. Even though I (sad to say) own School of Rock (a gift), I'm not impressed by either his credentials or his personality. However, on a positive note, I'm impressed by Mel's bragging up his son such as it is.
    I thought that was another mistake on their part, but they found it. That confused me, too. I thought they got their first key hanging on a stake, then another lock spit out another key, and so on

I'm glad someone else doesn't like Mel/Mike. I don't dislike them (only one I can say about that at this point is Victor) but I find them boring. Cara/Jamie seemed to be running a good race until getting frustrated in this leg, so I hope they get with it. Happy that Lakisha/Jen and Christy/Jodi had better standings this week, and the issue with the fanny pack didn't mean the end for Amanda/Kris. Somehow I don't think they're going to be the lovey dovey couple we read about in their bio.

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

i like how Brad and Victoria managed to look as if they cannibalized someone by the time they reached the pit stop

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3358590;

I'm surprised that Luke is not used to the frustration of not being able to easily communicate with others. I take that to mean that he doesn't read lips and relies on sign language.
    In the first episode I'm sure Phil said that he could not lip read.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3358606;
    I thought that was another mistake on their part, but they found it. That confused me, too. I thought they got their first key hanging on a stake, then another lock spit out another key, and so on
    It was another mistake but not necessarily their fault. The way you described it is how it's supposed to work. They looked over the locks and discovered one was missing a key and realized that it must have fallen off when they were dragging it down the hill. That's why they knew for the most part where to look for it, since they had left a trail down the hill with the coffin. I'm not sure how the key fell off but none of the other teams had that happen to theirs. Probably just a freaky thing. Despite the mishap with the long trek up the mountain this was actually a good piece of deduction. They researched the locks/keys, saw one was missing, and figured out where to look for it and for the most part didn't really panic, just set about finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;3358365;
    I'd have wanted to hear if they knew how tight their layover would have been in Amsterdam, because their decision to take that flight might have been a flawed one, even without hindsight
    Yeah, wasn't the time advantage that they were going to have only something like a half hour? If the other flight was non-stop, that's definitely not worth it choose the one with the layover, no matter how much time you're supposed to have for it.

And they did have so much "blood" on them at the pit stop! That was funny.

And if Victor saw that painted "marker" where it was orange instead of red, that's when he definitely should have started going back down the mountain.

And I thought that they were doing something wrong when they were looking for the key on the ground. I thought it would turn out that it was the one that was on the post and they were wasting time. That wasn't clear to me at all, and I was suprised when they actually did find a key.

+ Reply to Thread