+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3342024;
    Continuously telling someone they are "stupid" and "don't know anything" etc etc is Verbal/Emotional Abuse and takes a terrible emotional toll on the person who is the target of it.

It happens every day and over time wears down any self-esteen or self-worth they might have--making them feel as though they really are "not worth anything." And that they can't do anything right--or even do anything at all.

It's not surprising that Linda was so bad at doing things. He's been telling her for years--brainwashing her--into thinking/feeling she's absolutely worthless and can't do anything on her own.

It is a means that some people who have poor ego strength use to control their partners and children.

As if that weren't bad enough by itself--it often leads to--or is a sign of--- Physical Abuse.
    None of us know what happens outside of the race or before it, those are pretty far out claims, especially when you think of how Steve reacted after she told him she got lost.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Maybe she's stupid because she actually IS stupid (not brainwashed), and is one of those pathetic people who want everyone to feel sorry for them. Anything for attention. That kind of behaviour can be indicative of a personality disorder. If she is manipulative in that way, it worked on the fans. Or, maybe he's an abusive guy.

Who knows? NO ONE but them.

Quote Originally Posted by MadelynneRabb;3342061;
    Say hello to my new avatar.
    Loving it!!! I wonder if Phil knows how much we anticipate his eye brow each episode?

I think we can confidently say that he does. He just needs to watch it, not overuse it, lest we come to grow tired of it.

Kind of like how Jeff Probst's blatant attempts to turn Survivor contestants against each other in Tribal Council were once cute, but ... wait. They were never cute. Bad example.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3341431;
    Luke getting all pissy is hilarious and cute!
    I was surprised by his reaction. I expected this from the pretty women, but they all thought it was a riot. He was really annoyed if not mad about it. I don't know if it was the task itself, being laughed at or because he wanted to do the other task. I have two words to offer... mmmm yummy!

I would never jump out of a plane or ride in a hot air balloon, but the paragliding did look like something I'd enjoy - tandem of course. I'm glad at least one person was able to do it and we got to experience it through him.

I don't know how Linda got lost. No one else had a problem with the trail. When you get to a fork in the road, you look for an arrow and don't continue until you find it. I too would have been scared, if I'd gotten lost. At least she wasn't out in the middle of nowhere and was able to get a ride back to the hubs.

I'm glad Linda and Steve are gone. It was painful to watch them struggle through the beginning of the race. And yet we must note that the blonds weren't far ahead of them.

I think the guy that tried to climb the gate was pulling instead of pushing or vice versa.

Tammy and Victor seem like a strong team, but will sibling rivalry mess them up. I love Jaime and Cara's hair. Mark and Michael seem to be the most interesting of all at this point.

I noticed that none of the teams that chose the obstacle course had any trouble with it, but because of the entertainment aspect, I'm glad most of the teams chose the pies.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Does anyone know when the last episode will be? Thanks

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amanda is grammatically retarded.

Let's hope Linda finds some self-esteem.....somewhere....but not highly likely.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mimzy;3346397;
    Does anyone know when the last episode will be? Thanks
    May 10 according to the article posted by MamaC on "Phil Keoghan - Our Host" thread:
    Keoghan will set off from Los Angeles on March 28 and end in New York on May 9 — the day before the "Amazing Race" season finale airs on CBS, the network said Wednesday.

Always Loved My Furry One Mimzy's Avatar

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3346355;
    I was surprised by his reaction. I expected this from the pretty women, but they all thought it was a riot. He was really annoyed if not mad about it. I don't know if it was the task itself, being laughed at or because he wanted to do the other task. I have two words to offer... mmmm yummy!
    I would have to think that, being deaf, getting stuff in your eyes would be more than usually annoying. I know that since I lost the hearing in one ear I've become more paranoid about the state of my vision.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread