+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Useless Comedy Poster HurriKaty's Avatar

Re: 2/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Two passport losses in two seasons? It's like my birthday.
    You've been Philiminated.

Liked:

The paragliding challenge - Like Mel, I would have lost the Race for the chance to do that. Wow.
    The Segway - COOL! I wanna ride a Segway!!
    The elimination - buh-bye! I'll bet the Elimination Station will be fun with those first two couples there. Yikes!
    Tammy/Victor; Mel/Mike; the Stuntmen; the Redheads; Kris and Amanda

Disliked:
    um.

wait, I'll think of something.

um.

sigh.

Nope. Loved the whole thing.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

FORT Fogey

Thanks to everyone for all the info! I didn't get to see anything but the last ten minutes--and that wasn't a planned miss--so I can't watch it later.

So--my thanks to everyone who posted about the action.

I am sorry I missed the Alps--they are among my very fave mountains.

I am not sorry the verbally abusive guy is gone.

I'm interested in finding out if - had they landed in a place that'd still kept them in the race, if Steve and Linda would've been penalized. There's two ways to look at this - as while she took the wrong route - she DID go down the mountain on her feet, and not say go to the segway and going down. (i.e. how the attorneys in season 2 were eliminated for taking a taxi instead of walking and the last team arrived in that 30 minute penalty). But, there would be the question of if she'd be penalized for taking the ride back to the right side of the mountain.

Of course, there is the third option based on the scene where she arrives - she had to go up the segway and again walk down the mountain. That said, I don't think they would've done that to her, because from the looks of things she went on the other side of the mountain.

I think my two favorite moments were Luke mentioning he didn't want to do the pie throwing challenge, but said "What can I do? She's my Mom" and Mel's mentioning that he'd lose the race to experience what he did. Admittedly - even with the injury, staying to do the gliding instead was a risk. Fortunately for them, it paid off, and I think a couple of people wish they had stuck it out.

No matter what people think of the team, I wish Linda had stayed to do the gliding - if only so she didn't get lost. That is a very scary feeling, and given she was lost in a foreign country, it had to be even more scary. I hope that Steve has watched these two episodes and realize how much of a jerk he was to her.

Then again, there is a third - the priceless look on Phil's face watching Mel and Mike try to get into the pit stop. They're climbing up the gate, trying to get in, to no avail and then finally a local just opens the door with little trouble.

Also, I also noticed that unless they have a MAJOR equalizer, there's going to be fewer teams actually in the race.

They made a note on screen that I've rarely - if ever - seen on the "Amazing Race" - they mentioned how long it had been since that leg of the race started between two team's arrivals.

It took at least 14 hours for I think team 6 or 7 to complete all the tasks after team 5 or 6 checked in, and dread to think how long it took for the last two in that leg to complete it.

FORT Fogey

Wow! What beautiful scenery tonight!

It usually takes me awhile to pick a favorite team but I'm liking Luke and his Mom, the two redheads, and the brother and sister that came in first tonight.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Because Linda came down the wrong side of the mountain and got a ride back is where I think the penalty would come in. Maybe she was told not to turn around, but the clue said either they had to paraglide or take the 60 minute hike down the hill. Technically she didn't complete her task properly. I wonder who gave her a ride, because that'd be her plus all her camera people along with her.

Since they're going to Romania there will probably be an equalizer at some point. I think the first few teams were all fairly close. It does look like there's some mistakes and tension next week with certain teams, and of course bad luck for the blondes the past 2 legs plus Keisha/Jen having direction trouble. Plus who knows if Mel's injury will act up again. I read they wanted to show where the teams were in connection with each other, so that could be where the "4 hours since the first team" at the PS came from.

What is with this season? Only episode 2 and they're all playing like they know the teams... "we're so good because blah blah", "they're good because blah blah." It's been ONE LEG SO FAR. Shut your mouths!

yet again nobody could do a challenge. last time the challenge broke and this time it's unpredictable. no idea what his name is but the guy who did it... that was horribly excruciating to watch with the talking to God. I wanted to puke. Then son said "It was like a miracle straight from god" OH GIVE ME A ----ing BREAK (can we swear here? just to be safe, i'll censor myself, but moment deserves one). he would have waited there till the end of time.

that pie challenge looked dope as hell though. I would so do that, except I'd hate the cleanup after. At least it would taste good.

Is it just me or do the pit stops feel really too soon? I keep thinking to myself "that's it? this leg is already done?"

I would hate to be the people filming and following the hicks around too. That must be some torture. They are not supposed to be on the race.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-23-2009 at 10:45 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Endit;3341993;
    What is with this season? Only episode 2 and they're all playing like they know the teams... "we're so good because blah blah", "they're good because blah blah." It's been ONE LEG SO FAR. Shut your mouths!

yet again nobody could do a challenge. last time the challenge broke and this time it's unpredictable. no idea what his name is but the guy who did it... that was horribly excruciating to watch with the talking to God. I wanted to puke. Then son said "It was like a miracle straight from god" OH GIVE ME A ----ing BREAK (can we swear here? just to be safe, i'll censor myself, but moment deserves one). he would have waited there till the end of time.

that pie challenge looked dope as hell though. I would so do that, except I'd hate the cleanup after. At least it would taste good.

Is it just me or do the pit stops feel really too soon? I keep thinking to myself "that's it? this leg is already done?"

I would hate to be the people filming and following the hicks around too. That must be some torture. They are not supposed to be on the race.

Continuously telling someone they are "stupid" and "don't know anything" etc etc is Verbal/Emotional Abuse and takes a terrible emotional toll on the person who is the target of it.

It happens every day and over time wears down any self-esteen or self-worth they might have--making them feel as though they really are "not worth anything." And that they can't do anything right--or even do anything at all.

It's not surprising that Linda was so bad at doing things. He's been telling her for years--brainwashing her--into thinking/feeling she's absolutely worthless and can't do anything on her own.

It is a means that some people who have poor ego strength use to control their partners and children.

As if that weren't bad enough by itself--it often leads to--or is a sign of--- Physical Abuse.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-23-2009 at 10:46 AM.

That was so frustrating for the blonde's trying to find their way in the dark. So glad they somehow found the wood and made it before Linda and Steve. Poor Linda, she just didn't have the stamina for the race.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread