+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Tammy Jih (26)
    Victor Jih (35)

Hometown: San Francisco, Calif./Los Angeles, Calif.
    Relationship: Siblings/Lawyers

If they can manage to work together, this smart and sassy brother/sister duo – both with Harvard Law degrees – might have just what it takes to outsmart the competition and cross the finish line first.

Tammy is a litigator who believes that her ability to keep a cool head under pressure, especially with little or no sleep, will lead to success on the Race. Her biggest pet peeve with her brother is that he’s a bit of a control freak. This was never more evident than when they recently traveled with friends to China and Victor mapped out the entire trip down to the minute.

Victor is a partner at his law firm and works as a corporate litigator. He is running the Race to see if he and his sister can co-exist in a hyper-competitive situation without driving each other crazy. Victor thinks that his teammate can be immature and selfish and he’s hoping the Race will remedy that.

Victor is confident in his decision making and believes his sister should do what he says as he knows best. Tammy would like to prove to Victor that she’s not a baby anymore and that it’s time he view her as an equal. Victor is modeling his game play after the cut-throat style of Rob and Amber while Tammy prefers Season 12 winners TK and Rachel’s laid back approach.

Both have traveled extensively and are supremely confident in their ability to win the million dollar prize.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Could we possibly have another Azaria & Hendekea on our hands? Competitive,overachieving siblings. We shall see if they are cocky or humble. Big brother there is a control freak. May make him unbearable.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm guessing he'll be cocky while she'll be humble. I see these two going at it before they even hit the freeway of the start city.

One of my pre-show favorites. I just took a look at the "Meet Tammy and Victor" video, and the both of them made me chuckle a bit when they were describing the places that they would like to go to.

Tammy's desired location was India, calling it "The Yoga Place" since she's a big yoga fanatic and would love to go to the birthplace of yoga. Then her brother went on to poke a little fun at her for knowing India as "The Yoga Place" when there's so many things in India, and yet she knows it for a small little detail. It was just a little playful joking around that made me like them.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3298244;
    Could we possibly have another Azaria & Hendekea on our hands? Competitive,overachieving siblings. We shall see if they are cocky or humble. Big brother there is a control freak. May make him unbearable.
    You hit the nail on the head! These two completely remind me of Azaria and Hendekea, which isn't necessarily bad. They're one of my early picks so far.

I generally do NOT like lawyers.

However, since the new president is also one, I want to see how 2 Harvard law graduates run this race.

Moreover, being Asian-Canadian, I am interested in how these 2 will fair in the race.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I said something bugged me about these two that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I went back and watched when they reached that clue at the cheese task; both Tammy and one of the brothers had their hands on it. It looked like he had it first but she took it away from him. That's not quite what bugs me, but I do hope that they aren't going to be completely sneaky and aggressive this soon out of the gate. None of the teams trusted them (with good reason) on the train.

I definitely see these two as Azaria/Hendekea 2.0

Tammy was apologetic though when she got aggressive during the grabbing of the clue. She muttered a sincere but quick "sorry" as she got hold of the clue first. They were a bit aggresive, but TAR isn't a show that rewards the ones that are middle of the road.

With that said, their little white lie to the others kind of tainted my opinion of them, but not by much since they have to do what they have to do to get in the lead. It's understandable for my point of view.

I don't have any favorites quite yet, but I like these two.

And I don't know, but it would be more like Azaria&Hendekea 3.0 after Nick&Starr's dominance last season. The TAR casting directors really have a knack of casting strong, fit sibling teams, don't they?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Regular

The Harvard Crimson has an article about Tammy and Victor.

Victor said that the process of getting on “The Amazing Race” was in some ways harder to navigate than his Law School application.

Also, Above the Law has an interview.

This team looks strong. Like other sibling teams before them, they have that drive to win. Dominance in a race gets boring after a while, especially last season with Nick and Starr. But these two are on my list to watch out for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast