+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

FORT Newbie

Re: Tammy & Victor - TAR 14

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3436164;
    Now if Tammy and/or Victor, speaking in Mandarin and under the guise of helping out another team directing their cabbie to the next pitstop, told one team's cabbie to go to the Great Wall rather than the Bird's Nest ...well THAT would have been unacceptable and probably would have tossed them out of the game!
    I don't think that would have gotten them kicked out of the game. If that happened in an English-speaking country and the passengers didn't hear it or whatnot, obviously nothing would happen. That would actually be kinda awesome. Could you imagine the easiest win possible? Tammy and Victor tell two taxis to wait for some white American pairs, then instead of giong to the airport, drive to Mongolia! That would be hysterical!!

LOL! I could just picture that! Driving forever and ever and finally figuring out....wait, what, where are we? We've just lost 12 hours of race time!

Meanwhile, at the final pitstop, Tammy and Victor step on the mat in first place!

But I think Phil would penalize them for doing it. He'd have to, because that would just be too mean!

Please let them win it all, they are such a kind team to everyone & deserve it for how they raced the game!

Who is John Galt?

Yea - they won! The deserved - a delightful couple. This is the second year in a row that a brother-sister team has won.

Blah, it's time for an ALL GIRL team to win!

So glad that they won!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I was disappointed they won. There was not enough airtime of these two for the audience to really get to know and love them. So, when they won, it was like- eh, whatever.

I've enjoyed watching this team. Very little drama (except for the one in Romania) and seems to be very polite and level headed. Their parents must be very proud.

I'm sorry they won, I get that they were friendly and nice to the others and all that "good players" stuff...but i also feel that they held quite an unfair advantage that could not be matched by any other team in that they are fluent in Chinese which helped them immensely in several challenges. There was an inordinate amount of game based in Beijing and it's surrounding areas. The challenges were communication based, such as the swimming/diving and the menu orders that had to be done in Mandarin Chinese, not to mention the cab driver communication. The instructions were written in phonetic sounding English thereby making it impossible for the other teams to show it to their drivers or people in the street. Tammy & Victor had NO problem speaking to everyone they met in China. If I had been on a team I would have definitely voiced my objection regarding this tremendous "gift" from the producers.

Quote Originally Posted by rodh32340;3453194;
    I'm sorry they won, I get that they were friendly and nice to the others and all that "good players" stuff...but i also feel that they held quite an unfair advantage that could not be matched by any other team in that they are fluent in Chinese which helped them immensely in several challenges. There was an inordinate amount of game based in Beijing and it's surrounding areas. The challenges were communication based, such as the swimming/diving and the menu orders that had to be done in Mandarin Chinese, not to mention the cab driver communication. The instructions were written in phonetic sounding English thereby making it impossible for the other teams to show it to their drivers or people in the street. Tammy & Victor had NO problem speaking to everyone they met in China. If I had been on a team I would have definitely voiced my objection regarding this tremendous "gift" from the producers.
    WTF?
    T/V knowing Chinese was not a factor in diving/swim task. The instructions were in ENGLISH! K/J got through the menu task and they did not know a lick of Chinese!
    The final leg was in Hawaii and the final task was in ENGLISH. Other TAR racers throughout the series were also bilingual.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456