+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3446520;
    I was disappointed that they lost. They were so far ahead in the surfboard challenge. Margie knocked everything out of the park that she did, she is very strong. I think Luke comes across as whiny when he is frustrated, but I think that is from being deaf.
    I certainly thought they would win when Luke was whizzing through the surfboard challenge. I was so impressed with his memory! I couldn't do half as well. I cannot imagine living with that handicap and really felt for him. I am proud that he attempted The Amazing Race and I understood his "whining", I don't know if I could have held up under that pressure. Kudos to Luke!
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3448603;
    .... Also, we need to remember that he is 20, not all 20 year olds are mature. ....
    His bio says he's 22.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3448603;
    I think Jadewarlock explained it better than I. Being deaf, he doean't have the ability to hear how hearing people express their frustrations. Also, we need to remember that he is 20, not all 20 year olds are mature.
    I thought I read somewhere that he does not lip read.
    First episode, Margie says he does not know how to read lips. Plus, as I mentioned before, even if one can read lips, there's the frustration of people speaking too fast (what a hearing person would get as mumbling), people intentionally saying the wrong things or nonsense and then laugh when the person asks to say it again. My poor friend had to tell me this I think twice before I got it - and probably why I apologized for standing behind her and talking. Then again, she was cool with it and gave a smile when I apologized because I also said "Sorry, I forgot you have to read my lips" because she also speaks and does so well that I forgot she couldn't hear.

And I agree on the 22 year old thing - I've seen people much older act more childish than Luke. Doesn't excuse his behavior at times (I did find some of his behavior a bit childish), but putting it in perspective helps out. I do hope that he looks at ways to improve his ways of communicating with the hearing world and where neither side misinterprets what the other is saying.

Besides, who wouldn't be frustrated that they came within a surfboard of scorpions of winning $1 million? I sometimes thinks he was more frustrated that he failed his mom, who went through so much - including fainting from pulling a rickshaw, having Luke paint her face with mixed results, and eating those scorpions and very weird food - to make the final three. I agree - Margie was the Bionic Woman. Too bad the show was cancelled - because she would fit the role perfectly.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 05-13-2009 at 10:49 PM.

FORT Newbie

I loved Luke and his mom and wanted them to win sooooo bad! I thought Luke was such a nice guy and what an incredible son he is to his mom. I nearly died when his mom fainted from the heat and his face showed his fear and concern for her. He's a sweetie.

+ Reply to Thread