+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

Re: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

I think Margie and Luke have done amazingly well and I have found myself pulling for them to go the distance. Luke runs into a bit of difficulty next week with the girls that should be very entertaining. I'm interested to see how Margie lets him handle it.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

The only team I want to see off my screen right now is the redheads. I am pretty happy with all the others.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who is John Galt?

I like this team, but think the mom takes on too many of the challenges herself. He is a strong, healthy young guy with seemingly average intelligence - why is she babying him so much? And, he needs to get a life and stop depending on mom. He acts like a whiny baby sometimes and I find it really annoying - grow up and be a man, Luke and get over yourself. Many many deaf people have led prosperous, well adjusted lives, happy lives. Mom just seems like she is exhausted and the pressure of handling the challenges and trying to soothe his often agitated state of mind, is getting to her. Maybe I am reading it wrong and it is just the editing that makes it seem that way - but he is waaay to dependent on mommy for a man his age.

Margie has done all of the physical tasks. If it were not the "play" on him being deaf, this board would be all over him and his whiny attitude. He is a spoiled little boy and needs to grow up. But he did not become this way over night, his mother has probably catered to him all of his life.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3412603;
    Margie has done all of the physical tasks. If it were not the "play" on him being deaf, this board would be all over him and his whiny attitude. He is a spoiled little boy and needs to grow up. But he did not become this way over night, his mother has probably catered to him all of his life.

I don' think that Margie has done all the physical tasks. Luke was the one who ran in his undies in zero degree conditions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he bungee jump in the first episode? They also split the task of carrying the partner in the cart.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Mothers are good at catering to their sons, whether they are handicapped (and I know that's not the word I want), or not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I really like Margie. My verdict is still out on Luke. I would have no problem whatsoever with this team winning at this point in the game, although they are not my favorites. They have performed well, and I love Margie for hanging tough in there, so I wouldn't be upset if they were to take it home at this point in the game. Let's see if what happens next week changes my mind about any of the teams.

Re: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

Nobody whines more than Luke does. I'm sorry, I actually like the kid, and am a little biased in his favor because of his challenges, but he goes off the deep end with the best of them. Luke and Margie were always a team I wanted to see place well, because she pushes hard and you know she does it because it means so much to her son, but wrong is wrong, and they were ALL wrong.

Re: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3418807;
    Nobody whines more than Luke does. I'm sorry, I actually like the kid, and am a little biased in his favor because of his challenges, but he goes off the deep end with the best of them. Luke and Margie were always a team I wanted to see place well, because she pushes hard and you know she does it because it means so much to her son, but wrong is wrong, and they were ALL wrong.
    I would say Kisha and Jen whine just as much, if not more than Luke does. They whine and argue with eachother(earlier episodes) and they were constantly whining about Margie and Luke telling their cab driver to lie to them(uhh, it's a RACE/COMPTETITION! puh-leez!)

Mothers are good at catering to their sons, whether they are handicapped (and I know that's not the word I want), or not.
    Not always. I don't pamper my boys (now 18 & 21) who've done their own laundry since high school. Having said that I'm not sure how they'd do on TAR but would hope they'd handle adversity better. The problem for me is that I can't understand why he can't read lips. I would think it would be very helpful for him as he makes his way in the world because Margie can't always be there to interpret for him.

I would still like this team to finish high and they've done a great job winning 3 legs.

+ Reply to Thread