+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

LaKisha Hoffman (28)
    Jennifer Hoffman (24)

Hometown: Bronx, N.Y. / Louisville, Ky.
    Occupation: LaKisha (Program Coordinator); Jennifer (Marketing Assistant)
    Relationship: Sisters

These two former Division 1 College athletes look forward to becoming the first ever all female Team to win the Race. Besides athleticism, these sisters have little in common.

LaKisha works as a youth program coordinator and basketball coach. She hopes the same strengths that make her a good coach – patience and a strong competitive nature - will ultimately make her the best Racer the game has seen. Meanwhile, she claims her sister is very impatient and blunt when it comes to dealing with others or speaking her mind.

Jennifer works as a marketing assistant and newsletter coordinator for an assisted living company. She claims that she is the creative one while LaKisha is the analytical one…two traits that will undoubtedly be tested on the Race. Jennifer is infectiously energetic and confident, played college volleyball at the University of Louisville. LaKisha played basketball for the same school. Both have a competitive drive and are eager to put it to the test against this season’s crop of Racers.

Neither sister has traveled extensively outside of the states, but they are looking forward to embarking on this journey of a lifetime together in order to change that. They will run the Race with unstoppable speed and numerous arguments along the way.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

LaKisha works as a youth program coordinator and basketball coach. She hopes the same strengths that make her a good coach – patience and a strong competitive nature - will ultimately make her the best Racer the game has seen. Meanwhile, she claims her sister is very impatient and blunt when it comes to dealing with others or speaking her mind.
    I can't say that's the best traits to have in a situation like this. Meltdowns at roadblocks, detours, and with language barriers along the way? Some of the all female teams this season look like they're either going to be really strong or having you reaching for the mute button before the first commercial and anxiously awaiting their elimination.

I want to root for this team, mainly because LaKisha is both a NY'er and a basketball coach, but that sentence about her sister has me thinking that it may be yet another one of those teams where I love one of the racers and can't tolerate the other. We shall see, but pre show I find myself cheering them on.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3299001;
    I want to root for this team, mainly because LaKisha is both a NY'er and a basketball coach, but that sentence about her sister has me thinking that it may be yet another one of those teams where I love one of the racers and can't tolerate the other. We shall see, but pre show I find myself cheering them on.
    After going through all of these bios, it's obvious that there was some sort of questionnaire that all of the contestants filled out because every single bio spoke of some bad trait of the person's partner.

If you watch their video, you can tell that they get along. They haven't lived close to each other for a couple of years (one's in NY, one's in Kentucky), so they're not best friends or anything. But one thing I noticed was that they were still sitting really close to one another that there was no gap between the two of them.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think all of the female teams have the potential to do well this season, possibly even finally win. These two look like they'll be a lot of fun to watch. I love their reaction to Steve trying to freak them out at the bungee jump ("We'll still get there first").

I'm really excited about this team, too. I really think they could be the first all female team to take home the Mil.

FORT Regular

Here's an article about Lakisha and Jennifer:
    Sisters look to be an 'Amazing' pair

Lakisha and Jennifer, 24, grew up in a single-mother household, so they've always leaned on each other for support. But as they've gotten older, said Lakisha, they've started to bump heads.

"We joke it's like having two quarterbacks on the field," she said. "But during the 'Race,' we learned to use each other's strengths and how to complement one another when the other is weaker.

I like when one of the sisters admitted she had to change into some skivvies because she goes commando. I like this team, they have gusto. Too bad they are never shown in order to make room for Luke and his mother, etc. In the last episode, I don't think they showed them at all until the last fifteen minutes!

Really? They were featured in the whole episode! (But I do agree that Luke is getting overly featured)

Remember when they were walking to the train station with Christie/Jodi? Kisha was saying how she really didn't want to walk in the extreme cold weather any longer. But Jen stepped in and told her to just appeciate the beauty, to which Kisha responded, "What beauty?" And also, while on the train, Kisha joked about how she loved having her feet hang off the bed. These were just a couple of scenes I remember of their's, but there really were a handful in the last episode.

I'm liking these two lately. They have a sense of humor that I like.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Okay, after reading their above bio I was afraid that I wasn't going to like one of the sisters, but I'm glad that didn't turn out to be the case. I like them both, and I'm cheering them on for the win!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast