+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

Re: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

But Margie did say that. This was the exact quote:

He’s lived with this his whole life and he doesn’t need it from people like you. You should understand oppression because you’re black and you’ve lived with it.
    While I understand Margie was upset, I hardly think anybody was "oppressing" Luke. I don't think Margie was trying to be racist at all, just trying to make a correlation. Just like I don't believe Jen and Kisha were laughing at Luke, they were just smiling in a tense situation. I do the same thing.

This was a little incident that got blown wayyy out of proportion, IMO. Luke and Jen are just highly competitive people as they've both admitted.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3423381;
    But Margie did say that. This was the exact quote:

While I understand Margie was upset, I hardly think anybody was "oppressing" Luke. I don't think Margie was trying to be racist at all, just trying to make a correlation. Just like I don't believe Jen and Kisha were laughing at Luke, they were just smiling in a tense situation. I do the same thing.

This was a little incident that got blown wayyy out of proportion, IMO. Luke and Jen are just highly competitive people as they've both admitted.
    Are you sure that wasn't an extra clip that they had on the website that was edited out of the show? I didn't look at anything on the website but I did watch the show and I did NOT hear any of the statement you quoted. What I heard is EXACTLY word for word what I put in my previous post. Maybe I'll watch it again but I honestly am not sure I have the energy. Even if she did say that I don't think it was a racist statement.

ETA: I did watch it back on the cbs website and I will say that you are the only person who had the quote even close to correct Way and you did have it word for word. I was wrong about the quote. I guess I didn't hear it the other times I watched it because it was kind of unintelligible and mumbly because she was speaking so fast and I only heard it this time because I was listening specifically for it. I apologize for getting irritated at the other posters because I honestly didn't hear it the first few times I watched it and thought they were putting words in her mouth. I know now that they weren't but I still don't think what she said was racist.
    Last edited by stacerace; 04-24-2009 at 02:15 PM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Whiney, baby, waaaaah the bird bit me on the hand, hip checking, elbowing, pushing, "Calling the deaf guy a b***h is not nice" (so it must be okay calling anyone else that) indicating special treatment is expected, dependant, Momma's boy Luke can leave my TV screen anytime please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345