+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

Re: LaKisha & Jennifer - TAR 14

yeah, but then Margie starts screaming at the sisters and says something along the lines of "....and people like you should know better" which sounded like she was talking about the fact that the sisters are black!

so it is going to be a heated situation, to say the least.

FORT Fogey

In the preview I saw tonight Margie was saying--"They were laughing at his siging!"

She actually almost yelled that.
    And then she says--"It's his life and they were laughing."

Sounds like a lot of bad blood between these two teams--either that or TAR is just now bringing it out.

The whole thing looks nasty.

Honestly, we (myself included) are all just jumping a gun here. The preview has done it's job in that it makes us all want to watch the upcoming episode. But now we're overanalyzing it, picking sides and saying who did what, when really, we've only seen 10 seconds of the whole ordeal. I know we're all willing to wait for the actual episode to make our final opinion, but as of now, it looks like most of us have already made up our mind about what actually went down.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Previews have been known to be very misleading. I don't know how I didn't see all of the rest of these things in the preview, perhaps I was too focused on who got to the boxes first, but we've seen dozens of dustups at the box. They're nothing new and usually a case of no harm, no foul. If this is more than that it's really unfortunate. We'll just have to wait and see.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3416769;
    yeah, but then Margie starts screaming at the sisters and says something along the lines of "....and people like you should know better" which sounded like she was talking about the fact that the sisters are black!

so it is going to be a heated situation, to say the least.
    I didn't get that she thought they should know better because they are black, I took it that they should know better because they are mature, educated women and teasing someone with a disability is so grammar school. Can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3416953;
    I didn't get that she thought they should know better because they are black, I took it that they should know better because they are mature, educated women and teasing someone with a disability is so grammar school. Can't wait to see it!
    I thought the same thing, because on Lakisha's bio it says "LaKisha works as a youth program coordinator and basketball coach."

I am anxious to see what's really going on as well, although to me, Margie is way, way too much of a mother hen, and it can't be good for Luke for her to be fighting all his battles for him at his age. Never mind that I find it obnoxious at times when we keep hearing it.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

that promo sucked and was misleading by painting K&J in such a horrible light. after watching the episode it's clear Margie totally jumped the gun and is a bit of a basketcase.

A totally overblown situation, and as I said elsewhere, for all that they may have done wrong, I give them credit for not responding when race was thrown into the mix. The older sister even apologized for any perceived slights. They are not innocent, but def. not villians either. Nor do I think Luke and Margie are villians. The same applies. I think it was a "heat of the race" moment, and I'll have the greater respect for whichever team will allow the situation to blow over and is able to put it behind them the quickest.

They are such hypocrites and are as much to blame for the incident as M&L are, maybe moreso because they have been planning against M&L since the previous leg because of the cab incident. They got what they wanted. What crybabies - they whine much more than Luke does.

Who is John Galt?

In the first incident, Luke got to the box first and Jennifer reached around him to get to the box. She was wrong to do that and she actually initiated contact. Luke threw her arm off which looked more instinctual than abusive. He was in the right and she was wrong. In the second incident, it looked like he pushed her into the box, but again they got to the box at about the same time and had a confrontation. I have mixed feelings about both incidents - Jennifer should have backed off when he got to the box first and not initiated contact, same for the second incident. But, I don't care if he is deaf, men do not physically assault women for ANY reason, unless she is holding a knife or a gun. He is stronger just by virtue of being a man and he is obviously NO gentleman. His mother's rant at the laughing by Lakisha at the pit stop was unwarranted but understandable. She is a mother defending her cub. But, he is now a man and MUST fight his own battles. He over reacts all the time and has obviously been babied waaay too much. Let him grow up! I don't know if Lakisha's laughter was because he is deaf, I doubt it. It was probably because they beat mom and son to the pit stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast