Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jennifer & Preston - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jennifer & Preston - TAR 14

Jennifer Hopka (26)
    Preston McCamy (28)

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.
    Relationship: Dating

Jennifer and Preston have been dating for nearly two years. In some ways, they have similar personalities but, for the most part, they couldn’t be more different. Preston is a laid back guy that is used to sticking to a routine, while Jennifer hates planning and enjoys spontaneity. One of the qualities they share is that they are both very strong minded individuals and, as a team, they hope to bring out the best in each other and solidify their relationship.

On several occasions they have broken up and made up. Jennifer is ready to plan for her future by either moving forward in her relationship with Preston or ending it and moving forward in her life without him, while Preston has taken the step of moving from Birmingham, Ala. to Columbia, S.C. to be closer to her but still has some reservations about what the future may bring.

Jennifer is currently studying nursing during the day and bartending at night. This self-described driven, outspoken and independent woman enjoys traveling, hanging out with friends and shopping. Preston is a software engineer who enjoys working out, hanging out with friends and watching Auburn football. Both are very active and competitive and they feel these qualities will help them work well as a team.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Jennifer & Preston - TAR 14

There was a story in the local paper about them, and how she really, really wanted to be in Playboy. She might get her chance after this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I think I'm well-known around FoRT as someone who likes the unpopular. But I had an inkling that these two would be a trademark "bickering couple" that I, and the rest of the viewers, wouldn't be too fond of (although I have liked a few of these kind of couples in the past, like Nate & Jen and Ken & Tina).

Then I saw their introductory video online, and I'm kind of liking Jennifer. She has some witty lines that made me warm up to her, like something along the lines of, "We fight quite a few times. It makes for great TV, but it's our love." And also, one of her main strategy points was to "always read the clue," which made me laugh because last season, we had Kelly & Christy who were famous for neglecting their clues.

As for Preston, he hasn't impressed me yet with neither the bio nor the introductory video. But the season hasn't aired yet, so it's not like I'm going to dislike him off the bat.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3299161;
    I think I'm well-known around FoRT as someone who likes the unpopular. But I had an inkling that these two would be a trademark "bickering couple" that I, and the rest of the viewers, wouldn't be too fond of (although I have liked a few of these kind of couples in the past, like Nate & Jen and Ken & Tina).
    You think that's bad, try being the one rooting for teams like Tara/Wil, Rob/Kimberly, and Freddy/Kendra. If these two are the token bickering couple, that means I'll be rooting for them And if that's the case, they'll likely make the final 3, or at least the final 4 (Nate/Jen broke that trend of the dysfunctional duo making the final 3).

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

In that photo, she even looks a little like a younger version of Tina from last season...

How many teams will there be this year that are participating in TAR to challenge/test/solidify their relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;3300097;
    In that photo, she even looks a little like a younger version of Tina from last season...
    OOOUUUUCCH! I actually think I'll like this pair.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3300434;
    How many teams will there be this year that are participating in TAR to challenge/test/solidify their relationship?
    Probably after the show miraculously worked for Ken & Tina.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I may be the only one, but I am going to miss these two. Typically I root for the bickersons anyway, and I'm sure these do would have been at each others throats all the way to the finish line. But how nerve wracking to be that close to staying in and go out by a matter of seconds. I think they had a real competitive drive and a lot of potential to do well. Aside from fighting from the word go, they did seem like a nice enough couple. I hope all works out for them.

I nicknamed them nick Lachey & Jessica Simpson. bye bye!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast