+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brad & Victoria - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Brad & Victoria - TAR 14

Brad Hunt (52)
    Victoria Hunt (47)

Hometown: Columbus, Ohio
    Occupation: Brad (Distribution Dispatcher); Victoria (Tax Manager)
    Relationship: Married

Married for nine years, Brad and Victoria may not always see eye-to-eye, but they do make a dynamic team. They both have children from previous marriages, this is Victoria’s third and Brad’s second. Both endearingly concede that they are “stuck with each other.”

Victoria was born with hip dysplasia and spent much of her childhood in hospitals, body casts and crutches. Following a recent major foot surgery, she was told that she could never run again. She is now out to prove that anything is possible. She claims that the biggest difference between her and Brad is that she is an optimist while he is cynical. However, she believes they share the same desires and like to be challenged both mentally and physically. Their motto is, "life is not a spectator sport and therefore you should always enjoy each moment that life gives you." Victoria works as a tax manager and Brad is a distribution dispatcher.

Brad describes himself as intelligent, straight forward and resourceful. One of his proudest achievements is overcoming drugs and alcohol addiction and remaining clean and sober for 25 years and counting. Brad enjoys pistol shooting, weightlifting and gardening.

This physically fit Team hopes to gain a lifetime of stories and a little bit of glue to reinforce their bond. Regardless of whether they win or lose, they already feel a sense of accomplishment by just being chosen to compete in the show.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Brad & Victoria - TAR 14

I like these two and they look like they could do well, but I'm worried Victoria's medical issues might hinder them

Me too. There's a whole lot of running around in TAR. But they both look like they're in great shape, so hopefully she's worked through it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I was watching the "All New Race, All New Teams" vid on CBS.com, and when these two came up, I kept looking at her as if I saw her somewhere before. But then I remembered that I just saw a commercial for the "Bender Ball" on TV. I think Victoria looks a lot like the creator of the "Bender Ball," Leslie Bender, if anyone else has seen that commercial before and knows what I'm talking about.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

There was an article in our local paper about them yesterday. I'll have to be rooting for our hometown couple.

The Columbus Dispatch : Fit couple competing as team on 'Race'

TELEVISION
    Fit couple competing as team on 'Race'
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:28 AM
    By Molly Willow
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Victoria Hunt applied to go on the reality show Survivor many times through the years.

Despite the apparent interest of casting directors, her pursuit never led anywhere until she showed them a picture of herself with husband Brad.

That did the trick -- not for Survivor but for another CBS reality show.

The couple from Columbus will appear in the 14th installment of the Emmy-winning The Amazing Race, beginning tonight.

"I thought it was pretty funny she tried to get on Survivor for . . . (years) but, as soon as they saw my picture, they said, 'Come on out,' " Brad, 52, said with a laugh.

Like his wife, Brad Hunt is no couch potato.

He has taken part in Ironman triathlons, marathons and ultramarathons as well as rock and ice climbing, high-altitude mountaineering, kayaking through the Everglades and powerlifting.

Victoria has done much of the same while also becoming an avid skier, despite multiple foot surgeries.

The two are what most people would consider "fitness freaks," said Victoria, 47.

They met through a personal ad and married nine years ago.

Both work at American Electric Power and regularly tune in Survivor and The Amazing Race.

Although they aren't permitted by the network to talk about their experiences on the show -- filming began at Halloween and wrapped up about a month later -- the Hunts' conditioning probably helped them during the extreme challenges and settings.

This season's race spans 40,000 miles and nine countries in 22 days. The teams experienced the world's second-highest bungee jump (but who's counting?), bone-chilling temperatures, suffocating heat, and, for the first time in the series, travel to Romania and Siberia.

All quite a change from the "honeymoon-type" destinations the Hunts usually visit, Victoria said.

Their friends and relatives weren't surprised that the couple participated in the show.

"It just seems like the kind of thing that we would do," Brad said.

"(The show is) looking for people who have an opinion," Victoria said. "We're both very strong-willed and opinionated people. We make what I think is an interesting couple."

They weren't allowed to tell anyone what program they were appearing on until recently, a secret friends and family members pounced on.

"They've just been trying to pump us for information," Brad said.

"You develop thick skin and a straight face," Victoria said.

When new-season promos began running on CBS a few weeks ago, their secret was out.

"It's nice to be able to say, 'Yeah, we're on the show. That's us,' " Victoria said.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Unk, I thought you might know them or something seeing how Columbus is such a small town.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Brad/Victoria for the win Okay, so I'm rooting for one of the all girl teams to finally win it, but I really hope these two last long. I hated how teams like Meredith/Gretchen and Don/Mary Jean got by on luck and barely hung in there, while stronger older teams like Bob/Joyce and Dave/Margaretta went out by bad luck.

I'm not rooting for them just yet, but good for them for being the only ones to successfully complete the cheese task the correct way.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm so sad to see these two go Because of one bad decision, but that's the way TAR goes. I think they would have been a fun and competitive team to watch. Hope they enjoyed it while it lasted.

I'm sad, too. I'd be curious to know, though, what kind of layover they expected to have in Amsterdam. They arrived and their flight had already left, and if they knew their window for reaching the flight was 30 minutes, or 45, or something, then it wasn't bad luck that sunk them, but a bad decision. In any air travel, but international travel especially, you need a solid window because of customs and delays. They stood to arrive at their destination 2 hours ahead of the other teams if they were successful, but it their window in Amsterdam was too tight, they should have just said no.

I'm not saying that's the case, but like I said, I'd be curious.
    For those who are wondering, my name is spelt "Denes House," but it's pronounced "Throatwobbler Mangrove."
    My blog; My online art gallery
    "WORSHIP...is the most appropriate response that can be made to resurrection" - Eugene Peterson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast