+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3239848;
    Reminds me of Elaine on Seinfeld and how she danced!
    I'm watching this late on my DVR, but that's what he reminded me of, too! I think this is a keeper for my DVR. Dan was absolutely hilarious!

I hope it ain't Toni/Dallas screwing up next week.
    Plus, if the frats make it to the final three, it would really be shocking.
    Because they made it! All due to having luck on their side!
    NFL 2014 is Here!

I was almost disappointed that Dandrew weren't eliminated last week, but then we wouldn't have been treated to the marching spectacle that entertained the Russian troops so well. Even Phil thought the NEL was bad news and a mercy killing would have been more humane. The dancing speed bump falls under the "you just can't write this stuff" category. I wonder what country will be treated to that. He says he can do sports, but what kind takes NO coordination? Maybe he meant that he was able to WATCH sports.

I hope Starr and Bro have been humbled by this round. I don't find them to be very likeable. Toni and Dallas had a great leg and I'm glad they got a 1st place finish.

Despite the distances driven and the waiting involved, do we believe collectively that the cab drivers were ripping them off?

I thought Dandrew was sitting by the side of the road with the taxi driver waiting for a cop to show up and arrest them for non-payment.

FORT Fan

Although Starr began freaking out (I'd probably be the same way!), Nick impressed me. He refused to get upset until he knew for sure what was going on.

Did anybody else notice Starr blowing a kiss through the cab window as they left the airport?

Congratulations to my favorite team, Toni and Dallas, on a first place leg!!

I love Toni and Dallas....mom and son...I am just so proud of them both.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

I'm rooting for mom-and-son big time. What a victory that would be - regardless of the money.

I like the frat boys. However, I like the other teams too. As much as I like they boys, I think the other teams are better and are more worthy of the top 3.

I've enjoyed this season.
    Last edited by Jexter; 11-23-2008 at 11:05 PM.

This was a very boring episode. BTW, Phil gave away which team looses their passport by indicating they also have no money.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyH0ur;3239837;
    Are Nick and Starr wearing the other's uniform?
    Sorry I got into this late, but I thought it was hilarious when I noticed that YES they were wearing the other's uniforms. I'm sure it was an accident, but apparently the officer gave them a pass because technically both were out of uniform.

As far as this part of the race, I was not surprised it was a NEL, but am glad it's Dan and Andrew. They have been VERY lucky to stay in the race so far (yes, I'd prefer Terrence and Sarah to have remained as they at least overall ran a better race). Therefore, if they can overcome the speedbump next week and finish in the top three, I feel they will earn it.

(I do hope though that the teaser is NOT as serious as it sounds. I"m sure some of it is creative editing, but I'd hate to see ANY team - yes, even Dandrew, be eliminated for that reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3239908;
    Despite the distances driven and the waiting involved, do we believe collectively that the cab drivers were ripping them off?
    I believe that they were to a point. Someone in my family visited Russia and got quite a few bargains there on items such as Matrioska (the wooden dolls) and other souveniers. He ended up getting a couple as essentially "BOGO's" because some of the vendors were willing to barter on prices.

That said, he also said that if you wanted to buy something such as a McDonald's hamburger (i.e. the ones you can still get for just under a buck here) it would cost about $5 American. So, it would not surprise me to see some of the drivers ripped them off - especially if they were rude (which in some cases, I felt they would be seen as such). It might've been better if they changed some of their money into Rubles, which might've gotten them a better bargain. If I recall correctly, at one point an American dollar was worth more than a Ruble, so they'd ask for more if they see dollars.

And, I also forgot about Dan and Andrew's marching fiasco. The Russian Army had a lot of fun at their expense. Did look like the marching task was easier than the soup serving one, but you had to just sit and pay attention to your lesson.

IMHO, I felt neither of the frat boys really paid attention and to a point I felt they were making a farce out of it, hoping it'd be seen as "American's are at least attempting to learn but failing miserably" and they'd get a pass. But, the other three teams had NO problems learning how to march, so there was no way the frat boys were going to get a pass. (If the head guy could, I bet he'd made the two do pushups before trying again for their antics. I would've. )

Quote Originally Posted by umass;3239932;
    This was a very boring episode. BTW, Phil gave away which team looses their passport by indicating they also have no money.
    Who do you think it could be? As all four teams seem to do something nuts!
    NFL 2014 is Here!

+ Reply to Thread