+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Declare Your Independence Passepartout's Avatar

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3240544;
    ^It's on CBS.com.

Judging from the preview, Nick & Starr definitely aren't the ones that lose their money and passports. Hailing a cab would be the least of their problems.

With Dandrew, it looks like Dan said, "No way we're going to finish this leg today," at the location of the Speed Bump, so unfortunately, I don't think it's them either.

I have such a bad feeling that it's Ken & Tina. I really hope that this is just a case of the editors trying to dupe the audience.

Ken & Tina don't have their fannypacks on them.
    Plus, Dallas/Toni look like they are out of money!
    Nudge Nudge Wink Wink!

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I really hope it's not Toni & Dallas. It would also be sad if it is anyone other than Dandrew - they should have gone home a long time ago so it would be a shame for them to make it to the final 3. If the Frat boys had trouble with the marching last week, it will be nearly impossible for them to do the Russian dancing in their Speedbump. I wish it had not been an NEL leg when Dandrew came in last.

I still miss the geek guys.

Everyone in my house still misses the geeky guys. We love them and miss them too.
    I hope it's not Toni and Dallas that lose their passports.
    I have no idea why Dan and Andrew are still in the race. It just defies any rational explanation.

CCL

I don't care who loses their passports as long as it is not Toni & Dallas. Admittedly, Nick and Starr have grown on me, so I don't really want them to lose their passports either.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm like most and hope that it's either Dan and Andrew (preferred) or Ken and Tina. Dallas and Toni as well as Nick and Starr are the only two teams who have played the game well without bumbling around and not misreading directions (or they've done it the least if at all). I'd like to see two teams who have run the race the best with the fewest mistakes on their part be in the final three. (I don't quite count taxi drivers claiming they know a place for a buck and then can't find it the racers' fault).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Passepartout;3240707;
    Ken & Tina don't have their fannypacks on them.
    Plus, Dallas/Toni look like they are out of money!
    Dallas said "we have nothing". I think that may have been refering to not getting any money for this leg. They were at the starting point and had just opened their envelopes.

Nick and Starr would not be hailing a cab with no money. It appeared that cabs were passing them by and it was a comment about how to get one to pull over.

Tina and Ken are on a bus so presumably they had money to board it. Their comment about being out of options may be telling. Hard to believe Tina would not keep close track of things, though. Perhaps they begged for bus money. Have we ever seen contestants on a bus in previous seasons?

Dan and Andrew have the speedbump to do. Their comment could easliy be about lost money and passport figuring they have to retrace their steps to find them and already too far behind to finish the leg. They left their shoes behind so anything is possible with them. Or it could be just lamenting about having the exta task putting them so far behind.

I assume they all keep their money and passport in their backpack or on their body. What would cause any of them to lose it? That is what has me stumped. .

I thought that was Dallas' voice and it scared me. Thanks for the breakdown of their situations as we've seen them in the previews. Still no concrete clue as to which team is out of luck and out of the race. You're right on the "stumped" part. Surely they would keep both money and passports either in their backpacks, fannypacks, or in a pocket. Could this be a theft situation at a task stop, where they leave their backpacks on the ground while performing the task?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3242446;
    Dallas said "we have nothing". I think that may have been refering to not getting any money for this leg. They were at the starting point and had just opened their envelopes.
    Toni & Dallas were at a clue box when he said, "We have nothing."
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3242650;
    Toni & Dallas were at a clue box when he said, "We have nothing."
    Yes. For some reason I thought it was the first clue box of the leg. I will go back and look again. Something made me think this; was it dark?

FORT Fogey

I just watched the preview again.

Dallas and Toni are definately at a clue box but we hear a voice over from Dallas and "we have nothing". Most likely said in a task.

Tina and Ken have their backbacks when on the bus. Ken's voice saying we are out of options is a voice over and could have come from a task. Easy to imagine that one could say that in a maze or puzzle or something where they have choices. They are seen again on the street and it is clear Ken does not have a back pack but Tina is carrying what looks to be some kind of purse.

Dan and Andrew are shown without their backpacks and again their statement is a voice over. This is the second shot of a team without backpacks so probably part of the leg.

Nick and Starr hailing a cab, again a voice over. It seems very likely the "how do we get a cab" can be said when having finished a task and are looking around for the possibilities. Seems unlikely they are in trouble.

The smart money is on Dan and Andrew and that is based on odds.
    Last edited by shoepie; 11-29-2008 at 12:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011